Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Still no ETA on Server Transfers?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Still no ETA on Server Transfers?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

foxxycandy
11.22.2017 , 11:46 AM | #21
*patient waiting* <3

DarthHammer
11.22.2017 , 11:51 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

My goal right now is to have a post out tomorrow with information on timing and pricing updates.

-eric
ETA: Tomorrow
Price: who cares just give us transfers already

foxxycandy
11.22.2017 , 11:58 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthHammer View Post
Price: who cares just give us transfers already
LOL that's me right now. Like. I have 2 2400CC cards waiting

EricMusco
11.22.2017 , 12:19 PM | #24 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Alright folks, here are the updates as I mentioned yesterday!
  • Timing: We are in the final stages of testing and assuming that all goes well, we are going to bring transfers back online on Tuesday with Game Update 5.6.
  • Pricing: By popular request, we are going to bring transfers back at the pre-United Forces pricing (90 // 150CC) for a limited time. After that time they will go up to their new standard pricing of 1,000CC.
I will let you all know on Monday if we are still on track for transfers to go live again on Tuesday and the exact timing for the sale pricing.

Thanks everyone.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

foxxycandy
11.22.2017 , 12:21 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Alright folks, here are the updates as I mentioned yesterday!
  • Timing: We are in the final stages of testing and assuming that all goes well, we are going to bring transfers back online on Tuesday with Game Update 5.6.
  • Pricing: By popular request, we are going to bring transfers back at the pre-United Forces pricing (90 // 150CC) for a limited time. After that time they will go up to their new standard pricing of 1,000CC.
I will let you all know on Monday if we are still on track for transfers to go live again on Tuesday and the exact timing for the sale pricing.

Thanks everyone.

-eric
I'm going to faint. Thank you so much Eric. *faints*

LordTurin
11.22.2017 , 12:57 PM | #26
PSA for those planning on transferring lots of toons due to lag: transfer 1 and test the lag on the new server first. If it's not any better, at least you didn't spend 2k cartel coins transferring 25 toons.
Dragonslayer Mitthendil the Revanchist - Mercenary ||
Mitth'raw'nurudo from Beyond - Powertech || Elenmil the Revanchist - Scoundrel
Click this to say thank you if my post was helpful! :
http://www.swtor.com/r/lGKMGB

Andryah
11.22.2017 , 01:01 PM | #27
I guess I do not understand the urgency to get transfers back. Where are you going to move, and why? They just consolidated servers, and they announced in advance which server populations were going to settle where... weeks before they shut down transfers.

Note: my comment is in no way supportive of transfers being off, and I am glad to see them turn them back on... but I really do not understand the urgency being expressed by players.
Current use of smartphones and computers have already become such a part of who we are to which he sees them as an extension of everyday life that makes us “cyborgs. Further, AI is a serious potential risk to the future of humanity.
- Elon Musk

Eshvara
11.22.2017 , 01:05 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
I guess I do not understand the urgency to get transfers back. Where are you going to move, and why? They just consolidated servers, and they announced in advance which server populations were going to settle where... weeks before they shut down transfers.

Note: my comment is in no way supportive of transfers being off, and I am glad to see them turn them back on... but I really do not understand the urgency being expressed by players.
People want to move away from Satele Shan.
#Arcannite
||Refer a friend🙋|| The wheel... spins... again.
💫Darth Malgus💫

LordTurin
11.22.2017 , 01:06 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post

There really weren't a lot of people pushing for it. Check this thread, ya it's 3 pages but it's mostly 5 or 6 people saying they want it and others saying no need for it.

I guess some players are having bad lag and hoping transferring will help? Or missed the boat when their friends transferred pre-merge and want to hook back up with them. Not too many other reasons I can think of, but I'm glad they waited till those "blah blah server is the official RP/PvP/PvE server threads all died.
Dragonslayer Mitthendil the Revanchist - Mercenary ||
Mitth'raw'nurudo from Beyond - Powertech || Elenmil the Revanchist - Scoundrel
Click this to say thank you if my post was helpful! :
http://www.swtor.com/r/lGKMGB

foxxycandy
11.22.2017 , 01:08 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by LordTurin View Post
There really weren't a lot of people pushing for it. Check this thread, ya it's 3 pages but it's mostly 5 or 6 people saying they want it and others saying no need for it.

I guess some players are having bad lag and hoping transferring will help? Or missed the boat when their friends transferred pre-merge and want to hook back up with them. Not too many other reasons I can think of, but I'm glad they waited till those "blah blah server is the official RP/PvP/PvE server threads all died.
Actually, there are a lot of threads and there's another one that is almost 10 pages long.

Either way, there's a lot of different reasons. Mine is that I want to buy raid runs from an EU guild. Others have issues with legacies, want to switch servers to be with friends, want to get away from lag, want to fix their situation with RP (the whole Satele v. Star Forge thing) -- I've seen all sorts of different reasons.