Bioware should use the marauder model to balance Sorcerers & Mercenaries.

Aidank

Where bad players do bad, and good players do good.

Instead of 1 button spammers with autoface getting 200k+ damage every single game.

At this point they would really need to redesign the classes, but imo it'd be well worth it.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ya marauders are so hard to play :rolleyes:

Actually they are. Play a watchman sent to 50.

They've got the most demanding rotation I've ever seen in an MMO while still requiring more cooldown management than any other class in the game.

Well, I've got a 50 sorc, and scoundrel that I got to 50 before I started my sentinel, in comparison my sentinel is far more demanding, and far less forgiving.

Anyone who says otherwise is kidding himself. The class is difficult to play.

Edit: This was originally in the pvp forums, but was moved. Pve isn't difficult regardless of which class you're on.

And I'm levelling a shadow btw, Never said they were easy to play, but thus far (Shadow is only lvl 30) I don't see it becoming as intensive as a marauder.

Edited by Aidank

Ignore these jackalopes that don't think out of all the classes in SWTOR that Marauders/Sentinels are not one of the hardest to play. I play Operative, Bounty Hunter, Sorcerer, and Marauder.

Marauder is by far the most demanding and least forgiving. It took me much longer to get myself to the point where everything was instinctual in different situations. By order of taking longer to learn to play WELL, not mediocre.

Marauder

Operative

Bounty Hunter

Sorcerer

Sorcs are by far the easiest class I've ever played in this game followed by Bounty Hunter. I go on my 50 Bounty Hunter when I want to give my hand a break from my razer naga.

They've got the most demanding rotation I've ever seen in an MMO while still requiring more cooldown management than any other class in the game.

Google "Rift Stormcaller Rotation"

Here you go: http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-general-discussions/classes-telara/mage-discussion/263617-stormcaller-rotations.html

The marauder is actually a really stupid model. Who wants 10 different abilities all on different CDs that do EXACTLY THE SAME THING?

None of them do the same thing, there isn't a single ability that's interchangeable with another.

Really? Have you tried a Shadow?

Between Guardian (playing all three specs), Marauder (mainly Annihilation), and Shadow (mainly Kinetic, but trying out Balance from time to time - haven't mastered it yet), Marauder is the one that requires the most skill micromanagement.

The Shadow mainly needs to watch for procs and not overextend his resource pool, but that's about it, from my experience. Root-break on sprint is excellent. Resilience is amazing. I'd give up Guardian Leap for Resilience (and I love Guardian Leap. Basically, self-Rescue from under focus fire, or free ball cap, in some cases).

Tunnelvisioning a target while occasionally looking at the focus bar = demanding?

I loled.

A battlemaster stomping what looks like undergeared players? Any class can do that.

If you're being an arse, bring evidence that solidifies your victory enough to gloat.

Where is your evidence apart from your opinionated bias? :rolleyes:

Also no not every class can take on 2v1 or 3v1 and kill the opponents that fast regarldess how geared they are.

Face it all classes are overall easy to play with little difference. If you think otherwise I pity you.

Edited by Vales

Where is your evidence apart from your opinionated bias? :rolleyes:

Also no not every class can take on 2v1 or 3v1 and kill the opponents that fast regarldess how geared they are.

You're either a troll (in this case, 7\10, I did bite), or you dismiss the power of gear. A fresh 50 with bare minimum Expertise (from 6 "starting" bags) drops like a sack of potatoes against a DPS Champ+ geared player.

As for 1v2-3, I did that on my Sniper, on my Shadow and on my PT. 50 bracket, Cent\Champ gear (those are alts). My Sage alt is a healer that runs with premades, but, even relatively undergeared, he can tank 3 terribad Imps (like shown in that vid) without much trouble. Skipping the mention of my geared Defense Guardian, lest this thread becomes "Defense Guardians are overpowered".

Face it all classes are overall easy to play with little difference.

One thing I agree with. Some are definitely more challenging than others, though.

Edited by Helig

You're either a troll (in this case, 7\10, I did bite), or you dismiss the power of gear. A fresh 50 with bare minimum Expertise (from 6 "starting" bags) drops like a sack of potatoes against a DPS Champ+ geared player.

As for 1v2-3, I did that on my Sniper, on my Shadow and on my PT. 50 bracket, Cent\Champ gear (those are alts). My Sage alt is a healer that runs with premades, but, even relatively undergeared, he can tank 3 terribad Imps (like shown in that vid) without much trouble. Skipping the mention of my geared Defense Guardian, lest this thread becomes "Defense Guardians are overpowered".

One thing I agree with. Some are definitely more challenging than others, though.

You can tank them like him but you cannot take them down in mere secs. Hybrid Sorc/Sages do not have at all that kind of instant DPS/Burst the Sentinel provides so while it is not much harder to kill 2-3 undergeared players it does take significantly longer especially if they have a brain and interupt Force Lightning/TK Throw denying important burst procc and force regeneration.

You can tank them like him but you cannot take them down in mere secs. Hybrid Sorc/Sages do not have at all that kind of instant DPS/Burst the Sentinel provides so while it is not much harder to kill 2-3 undergeared players it does take significantly longer especially if they have a brain and interupt Force Lightning/TK Throw denying important burst procc and force regeneration.

You're speaking as if I disagree about the fact that PvP DPS Sage model is flawed.

That said, I'm seeing a lot more full Madness\Balance Socrs\Sages these days. Might not be the best PvP DPS spec per say (damage-wise, at least), but I see a lot of potential for both, organized PvP and solo\1v1. Haven't run Balance on Sage, but I did on Shadow (high points of the spec are the same, even though classes are different). Sever Force makes it loltastic DoTing up and LoSing ranged (or pillarkiting melee). It also roots full-Resolve ball-carriers, which is sometimes vital.

However, it loses a part of its charm vs enemies that can remove Force debuffs.

Edited by Helig

ugh... another one of these epeen contests? Having a complex rotation or CDs to manange changes the learning curve of your class, but if you're still at the point where that matters, you are not a high skill player. Period.

Making the rotation of every class use the same number of buttons or the same resource systen doean'!t improve the game, in fact it ruins it. There is nothing inheriently wrong with 3 button DPS, not everyone is playing at such a low skill leve lthat rotation determinws the outcome of a match. I would much rather PVP be defined by decisions like positioning, stun usage, guards, heals, passes, fients, and pressurr manangement than by who can hit 10 buttons versus 5.

What the OP is suggesting is like saying Starcraft should remove hotkeys so that only players who have 500 apm can be competitive... yeah, no.

I completely disagree with the premise of the original post, which proposes using what they consider the worst class as a model. That seems like an obviously idiotic stance. They should use the best class as a model and make all classes similarly capable and fun. To do the opposite would reduce the fun for a majority of players while what I just proposed would lift nearly all boats.

If you have a difficulty fetish, that's fine, but don't push that out on everyone else. You can make your class as challenging as you want by tweaking skills and gear and companions. My hope is to see all classes be fun and handy in both PvE and PvP, not some continuous diminution of classes one by one until nobody is happy with any class.