4/5 keys a dps commando/mercs spams is grav/tracer...

Kastchey

BH merc casts a 1.5 secs tracer missile.

Several things happen.

1) a 1-2k normal or 2-3k crit

2) 4% armor debuff(stacks up to 5 times)

3) vulnerable to rail shot for 15s

4) 6% increase to railshot damage( stacks up to 5 times)

5) 5% damage increase to heatseeker missile (stacks up to 5 times)

6) 30% chance to finish the cooldown of unload and increase it's next damage by 25%

it shouldn't be as low in the tree it is in , hit as hard and on top of that add a buff/debuff.

Should be moved to the top of the tree if it's such a main ability , get a 6 s cooldown, or at the very least get it's damage cut, since it's a debuffer shot after all, or at least get it's cast time increased to 2.5 secs so commandos/mercs have a chance to learn where their other hotkeys are.

Elephant in the room and all that.

Discuss.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Several things happen.

6) 30% chance to finish the cooldown of unload and increase it's next damage by 25%

it shouldn't be as low in the tree it is in , hit as hard and on top of that add a buff/debuff.

Should be moved to the top of the tree if it's such a main ability , get a 6 s cooldown, or at the very least get it's damage cut, since it's a debuffer shot after all, or at least get it's cast time increased to 2.5 secs so commandos/mercs have a chance to learn where their other hotkeys are.

Discuss.

1) It's channeled.

2) Most other classes have interrupt-and-timed-lockout powers which completely neuter spammers.

3)

1. Stealthing breaks it,
  2. Knockback breaks it,
  3. Mezz breaks it,
  4. Interrupt-and-timed-lockout breaks it,
  5. Stun breaks it.

4) It can't be moved to the top of the tree because at the top of the tree is the finisher for it.

Edited by svartalfimposter

force choke is channeled, for 3 s.

it has 1.5 s cast time.

Why does a ranged class need armor debuff anyway.

BTW comparing other armor debuffs:

Sundering assault: 5 sec cooldown, builds 2 rage. and that's for a tank class which uses the armor debuff to hold aggro or w/e.

Also I think the finisher is not nearly as powerful seeing as it is on a 15 secs cooldown, adds no buffs or debuffs.

Edited by Kastchey

force choke is channeled, for 3 s.

it has 1.5 s cast time.

Why does a ranged class need armor debuff anyway.

BTW comparing other armor debuffs:

Sundering assault: 5 sec cooldown, builds 2 rage. and that's for a tank class which uses the armor debuff to hold aggro or w/e.

Sounds like someone just got killed by a Merc. And the comment why does a range need a armor debuff. I not even going to answer that, google it. Proberly shouldn't of replied to this post to let it die

yeah I got killed by a merc, but that only proves my point, I fly on top of the WZ and I see 3 out of 4 people's cast bars doing the tracer missile spam. There was a video somewhere of a guy who had only 1 hotkey on his cast bar and who killed every body who came at him. And yes it was a merc with a tracer missile.

The 6 birds with 1 stone deal is too good, gotta cut it down some.

yeah I got killed by a merc, but that only proves my point, I fly on top of the WZ and I see 3 out of 4 people's cast bars doing the tracer missile spam. There was a video somewhere of a guy who had only 1 hotkey on his cast bar and who killed every body who came at him. And yes it was a merc with a tracer missile.

maybe watch that video your talking about and see how anyone could of did that with pretty much any skill

either A) you are not lvl 50 or B) you are incredibly bad

Edited by LanceUpercutt

An Aresenal Merc only needs 1 or 2 tracers to get their damage out. Those that contantly spam it are just people that don't know the class. You can output more DPS with 1 or 2 tracers + other skills than you can with just tracer with the advantage of not being a sitting duck and prone to interrupts all the time.

Tracer spamming mercs are so easy to fight against (I play an Assault Merc as a PvP alt doing nothing but WZ from lvl 10), if they only use tracer you should be able to kill them without taking hardly any damage. Interrupt, knockback, stun etc when they try and while they are spamming the key waiting for the CD you slap them silly.

1- the video of the guy with one button was pre lvl 50 bracket, and he was never targeted by anyone and had a pocket healer. Any Dps class can do that.

2- Other than the animation, there is nothing remarkable about tracer missile.

3- Pyro is as dependent on one thing as arsenal. Instead of the armor debuff, you need the burning debuff. In fact, my keybinds don't change that much going from arsenal to pyro

Arsenal: tmx3, HSM, unload, railshot

Pyro: incendiary, thermal, railshot, unload, railshot

Several things happen.

Discuss.

You dont get all that by just getting grav round. You have to go to the top in the tree to get the upgrades for it..

1) It's channeled.

2) Most other classes have interrupt-and-timed-lockout powers which completely neuter spammers.

3)

1. Stealthing breaks it,
  2. Knockback breaks it,
  3. Mezz breaks it,
  4. Interrupt-and-timed-lockout breaks it,
  5. Stun breaks it.

4) It can't be moved to the top of the tree because at the top of the tree is the finisher for it.

Sure, my Vanguard has a couple of ways to interupt, but not on 1.5 second timer.

exactly - the 31 point skill should do more than simple damage , the 11 point skill should not do 6 things in one.

Tracer missile is pretty much the same damage as power shot, same cast time, yet it's a skill nobody uses.

If there was a reason to use power shot instead of tracer missile maybe it wouldn't be so obsolete.

In my previous Juggernaut example both "assault" and "sundering assault" give you 2 rage, sundering assault is on 5 sec cooldown and cannot be spammed, even though it's clearly the better ability, since it gives 4% armor debuff.

Anyway - 2 cr and all that.

Edited by Kastchey

Several things happen.

Discuss.

Moving this from the top of the tree wouldn't fix anything... further it would make 0 sense. What would justify having several of the abilities in a tree buff an ability that you have no access to until you top the tree... that is utterly illogical. I am not saying Tracer missile doesn't need adjusting, and I am pretty much positive it is given the trends in "fixes" so far and how they tie cleanly into forum whines. I am saying that fixing Tracer won't be a minor adjustment. The best thing they could do (imo) is move some of the buffs on tracer to other abilities/powers in the same tree.

The only problem with TM (aside from people noticing it and complaining incessantly) is the fact that the tree is reliant on it for so much of its damage output. Diversity would be nice, not only to stop the forum whines but also to make the build more enjoyable.

If you can't kill a merc/commando spamming grav/tracer just quit the game or suck it up like a man and realize you are bad and need to improve your play.

Look, this is all true but it does not change the fact that grav round/tracer missile are not working as intended.

Anyone with half a brain who analyzes the middle tree for merc/commando can see that it is intended for tracer missile/grav round to set up the classes damage. It was never intended to be a primary damage ability, yet right now it is.

Reduce damage of these two abilities by about 20%, and increase power shot/charged bolts by 20%. That alone would bring commando/merc into balance.

Look, this is all true but it does not change the fact that grav round/tracer missile are not working as intended.

Anyone with half a brain who analyzes the middle tree for merc/commando can see that it is intended for tracer missile/grav round to set up the classes damage. It was never intended to be a primary damage ability, yet right now it is.

Reduce damage of these two abilities by about 20%, and increase power shot/charged bolts by 20%. That alone would bring commando/merc into balance.

people will cry about power shot, if anything i think tracer missile needs a buff in damage, once your fighting equally geared battlemasters 1-2k is nothing

Edited by LanceUpercutt

Several things happen.

Discuss.

Congrats on being clueless!

Tracermissile does not really do all that much damage. It's the Arsenal filler that sets up all their other moves. You can't put a cooldown on filler.

An Arsenal merc uses the following skills for damage...

Unload - mid cooldown, reset by TM sometimes

Railshot - Needs a heat signature to even be fired and does junk damage until a couple of TMs are launched.

Heatseeker - Damage junk until buffed by firing TMs.

Thats the main damage abilities of an Arsenal merc, a rotation would go something like TM TM Unload TM TM TM HS RS. If at any point the Unload proc goes off you would use that. If at any point you're in danger of losing the heat stack on the target you would TM as top priority.

Yes, that means 5 of 8 abilities in a Arsenal rotation are TM, unless Unload procs several times or unless the target is dropping fast enough to go for the kill early with HS RS.

Again, TM is not the killer, it's the filler.

This is what I think of when people complain about tracer missile.

"I am standing in the open, not using interrupts/knockbacks/stuns/escapes/los, getting blasted in the face and dying fast, you need to nerf that!"

it's more like this : "I'm standing there in your face melee range and I'm doing more damage than you can dish out even though I am clearly a ranged class, I don't even bother to knock you back since that way you can escape. I just keep you close and handy and simply kill you faster than you can possibly do".

As for interupts , well I'll just use my railshot and heatseeker and then I can spam tracer again.

Edited by Kastchey

If you're not Arsenal then Unload does not do impressive damage.

TM DOES set up the classes damage. It buffs every other damaging ability the Merc uses in their rotation. Every. Single. One.

When you see big damage numbers from an Arsenal Merc it's not because he just decided to shoot you then, he's been shooting you and you have not gotten up in his face or gone out of los. The buffs and debuffs add up and if you let him sit there and execute his PvE rotation on you then you will die.

Several things happen.

Discuss.

sorry, we are too busy not using our 4 sec cd snare, pull/leap/push, incombat speed boost, 20 sec cd bubble, and internal damage abilities

if you had have a clue youd realize that TM has an activation time so we cannot run and gun, we have no defense, and we have no escapability on open ground. play the class and youll see what i mean or you can QQ and show us the boundless ignorance you contain