How is this an expansion? It's a mini game.

Rileysoph

I know it was free, and "I have no right to complain, stop being so entitled etc etc", but this SSSP was very underwhelming.

http://www.swtor.com/galactic-starfighter

Fight in multiple battle zones!

2 maps is hardly "multiple"

Customize your Starfighter

Oh so we can change our ship and make them look completely different to everyone elses? Nope

Paint jobs (we know you love reskins Bioware), buying a new premium ship is hardly "customizing" your ship because it's an entirely new ship, blaster engine and trail colours OH WOW!!!!!

Master a variety of ship roles

Gunship, scout, strikefighter OH BOY SO MUCH VARIETY! SO MANY ACTIVITIES!

There isn't even a cockpit view and you still have to target someone in order to attack them. This is not a flight simulator, it's a mini game. Ground pvp is more interesting than this.

This "expansion" doesn't even feel complete.

I pretty much expected this to be underwhelming. It's obvious it was made for casuals, but hey ho, I will still play it once in a while.

There are only two maps/one playmode because they are releasing new ones when Prefered and F2P players can join in on Galactic Starfighter. Same goes for ships as well.

In terms of 'this isn't a flight sim', I don't think it was ever promoted as a flight simulator. It's considered an expansion as it expands the game by giving players something new to do.

But you're going to play it, so do try and have fun.

Mini-game or expansion....call it what you want! It has become the main game for me since release. In that context does it really matter what you call it? All the things you mention are works in progress. More zones. More ships. Rome wasn't built in a day. GS has only been live a couple of weeks.

"I have no right to complain, stop being so entitled etc etc",

At least you got something right.

Follow that link and.... "SUBSCRIBER EARLY ACCESS IS NOW OPEN!" Official 'launch' is a month and a half out.

Multiple: "having or involving several parts, elements, or members." I'd say that two technically counts, although I do agree that more would be nice. However, "EARLY ACCESS". They have already said that more maps and game-types will be available at launch.

Oh so we can change our ship and make them look completely different to everyone elses? Nope

Paint jobs (we know you love reskins Bioware), buying a new premium ship is hardly "customizing" your ship because it's an entirely new ship, blaster engine and trail colours OH WOW!!!!!

From a functional standpoint, there is a LOT of customization, between the number of components, component upgrades, crew passives, copilot ability... I think they did a great job of providing functional customization.

From a cosmetic standpoint, many functional components that you choose alter your ship cosmetically. You can also change the paint pattern, paint colors, blaster colors, engine trail colors, or if you really want something different you can throw down some money to buy a completely different look where you have all of those cosmetic choices all over again.

I'm not exactly sure what you want, a design-your-own spaceship feature?

Again, "EARLY ACCESS". They have already said that at launch, there will at least be a bomber variant as well. And you clearly haven't played GS if you think that all scouts are the same or all strike fighters are the same.

There isn't even a cockpit view and you still have to target someone in order to attack them. This is not a flight simulator, it's a mini game. Ground pvp is more interesting than this.

Oh no! This isn't something that it was never said to be. Also, given that you don't like ground pvp, its not terribly surprising that you aren't the biggest fan of space pvp.

This "expansion" doesn't even feel complete.

"EARLY ACCESS". It isn't complete. There is much more coming, including pve flashpoints that incorporate GS features. I can't wait to see what they come up with.

For someone who just created his account less than a week ago, you seem to have both a lot of knowledge about the game and a lot of rage/hate for it. Are you a resub or new/alt for an older account? Understanding your history with the game would make it a lot easier to answer your criticism in a more productive manner.

As it stands your post history is just going to attract a lot of people accusing you of trolling, and if you have the best interests of the game at heart, I would hate for that to happen to you.

I know it was free, and "I have no right to complain, stop being so entitled etc etc", but this SSSP was very underwhelming.

http://www.swtor.com/galactic-starfighter

This is early access, which is essentially just glorified beta testing. The only needed to release the minimum number of maps required for testing and that's what they did.

Ok maybe this needs a little work but I think anyone who expected to be able to have a ship that had no visual similarity to other ships didn't have realistic expectations. They do allow you to customize your starfighter, putting new components on changes the look too which IMO is pretty cool. They didn't lie about it and it's not the dev's fault that you had customization expectations that sound like they could never be met.

But for the sake of argument what customization options would you add in addition to changing the physical appearance of parts of your ship with different components, changing paint jobs, laser color, and engine trail?

again early access. We know that bombers are in the pipes so more starfighter roles will likely be made available with the full release. You're also ignoring the different models within the scout and striker classes which emphasize 1 of 2 aspects of that ship class.

Actually unless you want a missile lock you can hit enemies without targeting them. You have to manually figure out lead and such but it's possible.