Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

"something better than cross server" SOLUTION

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
"something better than cross server" SOLUTION

jeanleo's Avatar


jeanleo
10.27.2014 , 04:19 PM | #1
If I understand well, they will put a "arena" server in which we can copy our character, a server like PTS where ppl can queue yoloQ or 4s. A server where only arenas will be available, and all the others stuff cancelled

am i right ?

im just guessing but i think its the only good solution to our issue

im a genious

peace
Only God can Judge me

Freespirit/DŁane/Camaalot/.../........=> Darth Nihilus/TOFN
Twitch : http://www.twitch.tv/cmif/

Capt_Beers's Avatar


Capt_Beers
10.27.2014 , 04:46 PM | #2
Probably not. My guess is their solution is F2P can queue for ranked/unlimited WZ'z or some other non-sense.
<HVND> <MALEVOLENT>
Keef-Stone 60 Serenity | | Keets-Stone 60 Seer | | Keith-Stone 60 Combat Medic | | Keeth-Stone 60 Vigilance
Keet-Stone 55 Focus | | CaptBeers 60 Arsenal | | Kee'th 60 Pyrotech | | FOTM-Reroll 55 Tactics

Z-ToXiN's Avatar


Z-ToXiN
10.27.2014 , 04:55 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Capt_Beers View Post
Probably not. My guess is their solution is F2P can queue for ranked/unlimited WZ'z or some other non-sense.
This would be terrible. I can imagine all the ungeared, clueless f2pers in arenas now. There is no way this is it. I dont possibly see how it could be better than cross server.

There really seems to be about 5 possibilities here
-Server mergers
-Arena server, like in the OP
-Good incentives for ranked
-Cross-faction for solo arenas
-Some form of cross-server, but they are not calling it that
ADRAAJ SHI'KARI ARRIAN
◙ASSASSiN ╚╬╝ THE BASTION ╚╬╝ POWeRTeCH◙
DECEPTiON HYBRID < ♣ > HYBRID SiN TANK
<JAWA BUNNY RANCH> // <CLiCKERS>

teclado's Avatar


teclado
10.27.2014 , 05:08 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Capt_Beers View Post
Probably not. My guess is their solution is F2P can queue for ranked/unlimited WZ'z or some other non-sense.
Nope, that's actually not it. In one of the recent friday streams (I think it was last fri), Musco answered a question regarding F2P in warzones. He said that the vast majority of F2P don't even reach their weekly allotment of five warzones as it is, so they suspect that allowing unlimited F2P access to warzones would have basically no effect on queues. So, they have no plans to do that.

SmashPony's Avatar


SmashPony
10.27.2014 , 09:02 PM | #5
Honestly, it's probably going to be absolutely nothing.

Daxy's Avatar


Daxy
10.27.2014 , 09:55 PM | #6
The twilek parlor dance can now be done in combat
Aoe's now have a friendly fire penalty
Each player will have a "kill friendly player" ability that is on a one week cooldown
An arena where our comps fight each other and we can bet on it
A grievance dueling arena where bickering ragers can duel - loser's toon gets deleted and the winner gets to loot the loser for all his credits like a lowly mob

Evilgox's Avatar


Evilgox
10.27.2014 , 11:15 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by daxy View Post
the twilek parlor dance can now be done in combat
aoe's now have a friendly fire penalty
each player will have a "kill friendly player" ability that is on a one week cooldown
an arena where our comps fight each other and we can bet on it
a grievance dueling arena where bickering ragers can duel - loser's toon gets deleted and the winner gets to loot the loser for all his credits like a lowly mob
where do i sign up for this magnificence ?

zreangr's Avatar


zreangr
10.27.2014 , 11:20 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Daxy View Post
The twilek parlor dance can now be done in combat
Aoe's now have a friendly fire penalty
Each player will have a "kill friendly player" ability that is on a one week cooldown
An arena where our comps fight each other and we can bet on it
A grievance dueling arena where bickering ragers can duel - loser's toon gets deleted and the winner gets to loot the loser for all his credits like a lowly mob
So much win.
Nerfpls, 55 Powertech Iankas, 55 Sniper
The Harbinger
Check out my referral link and get teh 1337 l00tz!
http://www.swtor.com/r/8b6N2S

MsMalice's Avatar


MsMalice
10.27.2014 , 11:21 PM | #9
My guess is a megaserver.
RAYE
R.I.P. JIRAYA

Capt_Beers's Avatar


Capt_Beers
10.27.2014 , 11:59 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by teclado View Post
Nope, that's actually not it. In one of the recent friday streams (I think it was last fri), Musco answered a question regarding F2P in warzones. He said that the vast majority of F2P don't even reach their weekly allotment of five warzones as it is, so they suspect that allowing unlimited F2P access to warzones would have basically no effect on queues. So, they have no plans to do that.
Honestly, that kind of makes me think it will be that more. BW is very out of touch with the PvP pop. Let's not forget for the big PvP patch, 2.4, they removed PvP content.
<HVND> <MALEVOLENT>
Keef-Stone 60 Serenity | | Keets-Stone 60 Seer | | Keith-Stone 60 Combat Medic | | Keeth-Stone 60 Vigilance
Keet-Stone 55 Focus | | CaptBeers 60 Arsenal | | Kee'th 60 Pyrotech | | FOTM-Reroll 55 Tactics