Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"Stun Wars"

ZerekPhoenix
11.02.2012 , 08:26 AM | #1
I read a post earlier and an individual summed it up perfectly with the term "Stun Wars". Priceless!

It's most unfortunate when the community mocks the name of something so precious to us (although as it stands it is now quite relevant) - hopefully Bioware will acknowledge the communities expressed concern for the perpetual stun game and act on it.

Eszi
11.02.2012 , 09:40 AM | #2
They didn't give a single **** so far, why should it suddenly change?

Dacer
11.02.2012 , 09:57 AM | #3
the current state of stuns in the game were an indirect way to nerf warrior/knights with out effecting their damage output in pve.

You all QQed about it for the last 6 months... Well this is what we got.

TUXs
11.02.2012 , 10:16 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Dacer View Post
the current state of stuns in the game were an indirect way to nerf warrior/knights with out effecting their damage output in pve.

The current state of stuns has plagued this game since beta. It only became WORSE in 1.4 when Bioware obviously tried to frustrate the last remaining PvPers. It's a **EDIT**ing joke!
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Fayme
11.02.2012 , 10:25 AM | #5
Read my sig!
SWTOR PvP = nerf teams of stunlocking operatives to create teams of stunlocking [insert any AC here]

Stoofa
11.02.2012 , 11:24 AM | #6
They have made it quite clear things are "working as intended". So when you literally go from stun, to stun to knockback, to knockdown to dead without being able to do a single thing in return - remember it was intended that way.

criminalheretic
11.02.2012 , 02:29 PM | #7
I think it is like a dream come true.

And by "dream" I mean one of those dreams where you are trying to run towards or away from something, and it's like you're running through quicksand. Where even though there is no discernable obstacle, you just feel like you are running place. And then you die. (Or respawn as the case may be)
What we don't understand, we can make mean anything.
Hyperspace Cannon -> Drooga's -> The Harbinger

JP_Legatus
11.02.2012 , 03:59 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Dacer View Post

Because qq about warrior dps clearly could only have resulted in breaking the resolve system and buffing rage spec.

denpic
11.02.2012 , 04:03 PM | #9
I enjoy the cc in the game and love stopping my opponents from doing anything It's called tactics
I get the feeling a lot of people Crying over cc idea of pvp is just standing their whacking each other until your hp is gone
EOL Marster Dar Nala
ULAC Dalbora

criminalheretic
11.02.2012 , 04:09 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by denpic View Post
I enjoy the cc in the game and love stopping my opponents from doing anything It's called tactics
I get the feeling a lot of people Crying over cc idea of pvp is just standing their whacking each other until your hp is gone
No, I think most people understand the idea of tactics, and the "tactical advantage" implicit in limiting your opponent's mobility in an objective based warzone, where quick transition between locations often translates to victory.

I think their contention is that spending a lot of time standing still not doing stuff, is less enjoyable than moving around and doing stuff. It's called fun.
What we don't understand, we can make mean anything.
Hyperspace Cannon -> Drooga's -> The Harbinger