Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"Star Wars" (their words not mine) spreads to in-faction fighting?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
"Star Wars" (their words not mine) spreads to in-faction fighting?

Khoraji
05.24.2012 , 12:19 PM | #11
No one cares about this except RPers
Khoraji - Jung Ma - <Dread>
Ven Zallow refugee

Jeffor
05.24.2012 , 12:29 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Khoraji View Post
No one cares about this except RPers
You already posted that and I already lol'd. Come up with something new. Besides, everyone that plays an MMO is a RPer to some extent. How is it RP if I just want to fight and have a war with the opposing factions? Why even have two factions. By your logic they only exist for RP purposes anyway so let's get rid of them.

You shouldn't be so dismissive to anyone around here since this game really needs any players who can stand it, RP or not.
LotRO: Jeffaman/Lilnooblet/Jeffrandir/Cephus-Brandywine Server
SWG: Cephus/Herodotus Tchuck'Tchuck'aachoo-Ahazi Server (At one with the force)
SWTOR: Cephus TchukTchukAchoo-Jedi Sentinel-The Swiftsure Server
Farewell SWG Gone but not forgotten S238

Jeffor
05.24.2012 , 12:37 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by AlyxDinas View Post
The cross faction version. Is this even a real question?
So we practice against ourselves in warzones to prepare for the warzones when we actually fight the side? OK but I still don't see how that qualifies as a war. When does the war start? I have been told that at least one of the warzones is a simulation so that doesn't count. Where is the war? The game is called Star Wars and I see no war and most of the fighting I do lately is against other Jedi and Republic forces. I know, I know-Simulation.

I still want to know when the war starts.

Khoraji
05.24.2012 , 12:40 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Jeffor View Post
You already posted that and I already lol'd. Come up with something new. Besides, everyone that plays an MMO is a RPer to some extent. How is it RP if I just want to fight and have a war with the opposing factions? Why even have two factions. By your logic they only exist for RP purposes anyway so let's get rid of them.

You shouldn't be so dismissive to anyone around here since this game really needs any players who can stand it, RP or not.
They do only exist for RP purposes... But since this is an RPG they need to be here for the storyline to make sense. For real, competitive pvp, it doesn't matter either way. Who cares if the other team is republic or imperial? Its not like we are actually fighting a war.
Ven Zallow refugee

Krenzik
05.24.2012 , 12:46 PM | #15
OK then what is the "real thing?" Is that referring to the one WZ that pits the factions against each other or will the war actually start someday?
The "real thing" is open world, not the excessively controlled playpens called WZ's.
XIII - The 13th Tribe - - The Fatman Server
Neurok - Marauder/Lygia - Jug/Tyranee - Merc

Jeffor
05.24.2012 , 12:53 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Krenzik View Post
The "real thing" is open world, not the excessively controlled playpens called WZ's.
Finally we are getting somewhere. When does this start???

Jeffor
05.24.2012 , 01:01 PM | #17
They do only exist for RP purposes... But since this is an RPG they need to be here for the storyline to make sense. For real, competitive pvp, it doesn't matter either way. Who cares if the other team is republic or imperial? Its not like we are actually fighting a war.
No for real, competitive PVP people are playing other games and that is the problem. For example, SWG for all it's flaws felt like a war at least some of the time. There were bases to place and defend. We would fight for control cities and ports. Sometimes just for bragging rights or pride. There were good rivalries formed that added to the war. There was even PVPing going on in space. No it wasn't a war but at least it felt like it sometimes. If you were overt you would get attacked almost anywhere. On the Swiftsure we are always flagged yet I'm almost never attacked and most of us don't even watch our backs anymore because there is no danger.

In TOR the most fighting I see is on the forums over what gear people should use. I want the war to start.

WildcardHatesYou
05.24.2012 , 01:10 PM | #18
If this is your biggest beef with the game, I envy you.

Khoraji
05.24.2012 , 01:15 PM | #19
No for real, competitive PVP people are playing other games and that is the problem. For example, SWG for all it's flaws felt like a war at least some of the time. There were bases to place and defend. We would fight for control cities and ports. Sometimes just for bragging rights or pride. There were good rivalries formed that added to the war. There was even PVPing going on in space. No it wasn't a war but at least it felt like it sometimes. If you were overt you would get attacked almost anywhere. On the Swiftsure we are always flagged yet I'm almost never attacked and most of us don't even watch our backs anymore because there is no danger.

In TOR the most fighting I see is on the forums over what gear people should use. I want the war to start.
I see alot of words like "feel" in your post. Competitive pvpers dont care if it "feels" like a real war, or if the storyline makes you "feel" like your doing something epic for your faction. We care if the pvp is balanced, ranked, fun, enough maps, the skill curve, etc.
Ven Zallow refugee

DarthOvertone
05.24.2012 , 01:17 PM | #20
I actually agree with this, which is why I completely advocate the elimination of factions entirely. Imp Wars 1.2 pretty much made the faction imbalance irreparable anyway. BW needs to take it all the way and remove faction restrictions completely. Open up WZ queues and the GTN to every toon, regardless of faction.

There is still plenty of story for players to immerse themselves for their faction fix should they desire that. But factions in this game are completely unnecessary at this point, and the divide that exists is actually hurting more than helping.
Alphanoob, Alpha-zen (among others) - Garbage S1 Champion
Ebon Hawk | Harbinger
SWTOR 4.3: It was good while it lasted. Thanks BW