Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"sentis/maras op since 1.2!!!" LOLWAT

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
"sentis/maras op since 1.2!!!" LOLWAT

Kovaos
04.30.2012 , 07:39 AM | #21
And Monday at work starts with another thread about sents/maras!

If nothing was wrong with the class you all wouldn't be trying so hard to defend yourselves!.
"my friend said he got a pack of level 50 armor and all i got was level 47 pants."

Darometh
04.30.2012 , 07:42 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by slowantics View Post
the only reason why you notice maras more is becuase of the expterise buff in damage. on me my expertise damge is almost hitting 20%. healing adn def expertise is not even close to hitting 13%
You do realize that your dmg and def from expertise cancel each other out, do you?
Wer einen tötet ist ein Mörder.
Wer hunderte tötet ist ein Eroberer.
Wer tausende tötet ist ein König.
Wer alle tötet ist ein Gott.

Kaarsa
04.30.2012 , 07:44 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Darometh View Post
You do realize that your dmg and def from expertise cancel each other out, do you?
Of course not. Only thing people noticed is that on their healers they cant facetank 3 people at once, so they respecced to dps, less healers in wz, faster kills = marauders are OP. It would be funny, but it is rather pathetic.
Official Dev info about resolve system: http://dulfy.net/2012/04/07/paxeast-q-a-day-2/
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Philar View Post
To be fair, about 98% of all PvP problems can be resolved by learning to correctly play the class you rolled.
The remaining 2% aren't going to be fixed by complaining on a forum...

JustinxDuff
04.30.2012 , 07:45 AM | #24
Spot on OP!

People still don't understand that the expertise changes are whats causing the problem and not my class.
Bluntasaurus - Gunslinger - Ewoks Anonyous
Bluntskii - Sentinel - Ewoks Anonymous
Prophecy of the Five
Push the envelope, watch it bend

aRtFuL
04.30.2012 , 07:47 AM | #25
Truth of the matter is this all has to do with the expertise change, and nothing to do with class balance at all.

Problem is ppl who r not as smart or kids who cant do math cant tell the difference between bad expertise scaling and class balance.

Linear scaling creates dangerously high numbers if stack properly, and thats why most other system uses diminishing returns scale instead of linear. However bioware somehow drop the ball mathematically on that one, lol

Ahebish
04.30.2012 , 07:48 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by aRtFuL View Post
Truth of the matter is this all has to do with the expertise change, and nothing to do with class balance at all.

Problem is ppl who r not as smart or kids who cant do math cant tell the difference between bad expertise scaling and class balance.

Linear scaling creates dangerously high numbers if stack properly, and thats why most other system uses decreasing average scale instead of linear. However bioware somehow drop the ball mathematically on that one, lol
Play concealment then come and talk to me. Let me know just how far that expertise carries 4 consecutive patch nerfs, 9 nerfs in 1.2 patch alone.

thierryfying
04.30.2012 , 07:49 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Ahebish View Post
Long story short pre 1.2 these dots from mars were ticking for 1-2k/tick pre 1.2. But everyone was so focus'd on Hidden Strike on concealment that it escapes notice just as to how much damage it really does do compared to Hidden Strike. Relatively speaking it was as strong for mars as HS was for concealment/scrappers pre 1.2. But again mars/sents weren't a stealth class and that's the nitty gritty of it. They are under the radar.

To be fair it could be said they "FIXED" mars/sents but broke everything else.
maybe you should stop being so "focus'd" on your operative and its hidden strike nerf, and instead realise that the so-called 'buff' to marauder dots was in fact, a NERF.

when that ninja-nerf hit, many people were doing the math and observing a dps LOSS. but just in case you didnt bother with the math, in game you could actually VISUALLY see that you dots were ticking for a lot less.

prior to the 'buff', we had a +30% overall bleed damage talent (bugged, was supposed to be 30% crit damage), and another one giving +4% overall damage (was supposed to be 6%).

AFTER the 'buff', it was corrected to +30% bleed CRIT damage, and +15% overall bleed damage.

i wont go into too much math, but simply eyeballing those figures, you should be able to tell that it was in fact an overall dps nerf assuming fairly acceptable crit multiplier of ~70%. this was unless ofc, you're rocking an 80% crit chance, which just does not happen.

after that, the surge nerf hit, and damage was down across the board. so in essence, marauders took two nerfs to dps before 1.2

so stop being so "focus'd" on things you do not know.

Sulvan
04.30.2012 , 07:49 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Kajebko View Post
"Maras are OP, survivability bla bla bla..."

All snipers MM are just laughing right now...

More maras on the battlefield, more targets for them

Strange thing, i see a lot of snipers reroll on 1-49 bracket.
My problem why i cant level my sniper is the fact with all the marauders and juggs out there i cast my aimed shot and then i see deflect deflect. Snipers are not all that great since most players are marauders now.

Kaarsa
04.30.2012 , 07:54 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Sulvan View Post
My problem why i cant level my sniper is the fact with all the marauders and juggs out there i cast my aimed shot and then i see deflect deflect. Snipers are not all that great since most players are marauders now.
Well, thats why marauders have 6 sec debuf (obfuscate) lowering your accuracy by 90%, or they can use saber ward (50% defence buff). Thing is, obfuscate is rather short range and can be easily negated by your mezz (tech attack), and saber ward with 3 min CD and 12 sec duration is hardly a counter against anyone...
Official Dev info about resolve system: http://dulfy.net/2012/04/07/paxeast-q-a-day-2/
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Philar View Post
To be fair, about 98% of all PvP problems can be resolved by learning to correctly play the class you rolled.
The remaining 2% aren't going to be fixed by complaining on a forum...

slowantics
04.30.2012 , 07:55 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaarsa View Post
Well, thats why marauders have 6 sec debuf (obfuscate) lowering your accuracy by 90%, or they can use saber ward (50% defence buff). Thing is, obfuscate is rather short range and can be easily negated by your mezz (tech attack), and saber ward with 3 min CD and 12 sec duration is hardly a counter against anyone...
i thought our 90% acc de buff doesnt work on ranged attacks or tech
Signature: Coming Soon