Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"Skill" based warzone matching.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
"Skill" based warzone matching.

Agemnon
03.07.2012 , 08:41 PM | #1
I think that it would be great if players were matched up by their stats and win/loss record. This would ensure that matches are usually close, and premades will face off against other premades. Premades faceroll random groups, amass wins, then face off against other premades.

Is this what they mean by rated warzones? If so it's a good idea instead of the random matching we have now.

Bation
03.07.2012 , 08:42 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Agemnon View Post
I think that it would be great if players were matched up by their stats and win/loss record. This would ensure that matches are usually close, and premades will face off against other premades. Premades faceroll random groups, amass wins, then face off against other premades.

Is this what they mean by rated warzones? If so it's a good idea instead of the random matching we have now.
Yeah if im not mistaken with rated wz's they will always match you with someone close to ur rating or at least try so ull be happy in early april just gotta wait

Garrum
03.07.2012 , 08:59 PM | #3
Intentional rating tanking. Happened in WoW, it'll happen here.

Briljin
03.07.2012 , 09:01 PM | #4
They can't even get the WZs to start with even numbers, let alone adding in a decent rating system.

rzrknight
03.07.2012 , 09:12 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Briljin View Post
They can't even get the WZs to start with even numbers, let alone adding in a decent rating system.
hehehe facts are facts.

cant wait to begin to exploit 1.2 , my god im sure it will be full of holes
The Lord said: "QQ enough and thou shall receive it."
The followers said: "I shall QQ my lord, i shall QQ."
And since then , not a single day passed without the QQs being heard.

azmundai
03.07.2012 , 09:15 PM | #6
dont be silly. logical systems that lead to balanced gameplay are not going to happen. we've been playing this same stupid game with overpowered factions and teams for 7+ years now .. it's obvious that developers are given too much crack in school to be able to use logic to create balanced game systems.
x-server lfd tools are great for cramming people into content, but quality > quantity.

Agemnon
03.07.2012 , 10:14 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Garrum View Post
Intentional rating tanking. Happened in WoW, it'll happen here.
Won't you have to lose matches on purpose to do that? Then you'd keep winning against lower opponents and bring yourself back up. Sounds like a waste.

Garrum
03.07.2012 , 10:47 PM | #8
Won't you have to lose matches on purpose to do that? Then you'd keep winning against lower opponents and bring yourself back up. Sounds like a waste.
It IS a waste, if you look at it in a 'trying to play properly and do my best' way of thinking. These people are trolls, they do it to grief because they already got their gear, now they just want to hinder everyone else.

Little story. In our circle of gaming friends, there are 5 that, for some unholy reason, cannot control themselves when it comes to trolling people. They are very good players in just about anything they play, and good team players...with players from the circle. To everyone else outside our group, they may as well by satan's little brother wearing a leather tutu and mayonnaise boxers.

At one point before we all basically stopped playing WoW, 3 of them formed an arena team...of 3 healers. A holy paladin, a resto druid, and a disc priest. A team that is basically invincible, for those of you that don't know much about WoW. They pushed people to 45 minute matches (the time over limit) over and over again. And when people started leaving when they saw it was them, giving them wins and pushing their rating up, they would do a quick series of losses to drop their rating again, and then continue to push matches to the time limit some more. Gear was not their goal, not even in the slightest. They were simply doing arena to torture people.

These guys are not alone. There a LOT of people that do this sort of crap. Those guys smoke grenading their own team into blindness, or chain ressing into a hail of bullets in BF3? Yeah, same mentality, just a different application.

SweetNausea
03.07.2012 , 10:52 PM | #9
It's not a waste if you enjoy trolling. I tank my ELO in LoL all the time so it puts me up against people who somehow managed to get to level 30 without grasping basic, and I do mean basic, gameplay mechanics.

Why? Because it's funny.

maradigamer
03.07.2012 , 11:33 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Garrum View Post
It IS a waste, if you look at it in a 'trying to play properly and do my best' way of thinking. These people are trolls, they do it to grief because they already got their gear, now they just want to hinder everyone else.

Little story. In our circle of gaming friends, there are 5 that, for some unholy reason, cannot control themselves when it comes to trolling people. They are very good players in just about anything they play, and good team players...with players from the circle. To everyone else outside our group, they may as well by satan's little brother wearing a leather tutu and mayonnaise boxers.

At one point before we all basically stopped playing WoW, 3 of them formed an arena team...of 3 healers. A holy paladin, a resto druid, and a disc priest. A team that is basically invincible, for those of you that don't know much about WoW. They pushed people to 45 minute matches (the time over limit) over and over again. And when people started leaving when they saw it was them, giving them wins and pushing their rating up, they would do a quick series of losses to drop their rating again, and then continue to push matches to the time limit some more. Gear was not their goal, not even in the slightest. They were simply doing arena to torture people.

These guys are not alone. There a LOT of people that do this sort of crap. Those guys smoke grenading their own team into blindness, or chain ressing into a hail of bullets in BF3? Yeah, same mentality, just a different application.
Yup. And I refuse to play games that make me content for these little <there isn't a word to describe them that I won't get modded for typing>. What surprises me isn't your description of them so much as your willingness to be friends with them at all. I didn't know people like this had friends, aside from the people they grief with.