Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"Scaling" in warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
"Scaling" in warzones

Emrakkia
02.10.2012 , 07:53 PM | #1
Hey all,

I know that there is scaling built into warzones such that a level 15 and a level 45 are somewhat evened out (different and new skills notwithstanding)...how does that work, mathematically? Are high level players weakened or are low level players buffed?

Does a level 15 dps do as much damage as a level 45?
Does a level 15 healer heal as much as a level 45?

Thanks

Elysion
02.10.2012 , 07:57 PM | #2
everyone is buffed to effective level 49 stats based on some screwy formulas that bioware invented which are far from even.

A level 12 anything will have like, double the armor absorb of its level 49 counterpart, and hit very hard.

By the late teens and early 20s the armor advantage mysteriously vanishes, leaving you being somewhat gimped as you have limited skillset still and no ultramegabolster making you immortal

In my experience, of course.

Brimmer
02.10.2012 , 07:57 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Emrakkia View Post
Hey all,

I know that there is scaling built into warzones such that a level 15 and a level 45 are somewhat evened out (different and new skills notwithstanding)...how does that work, mathematically? Are high level players weakened or are low level players buffed?

Does a level 15 dps do as much damage as a level 45?
Does a level 15 healer heal as much as a level 45?

Thanks
They boost your armour stats, etc; to give you the stats you would have at lvl 49.

So a lvl 15 and 49 are fairly even but the 49 has the advantage of having 2-3 times as many skills as you to work with.

Over all it's "fair", now when you get to 50 now that is going to annoy you.
Check out the spoilers for a good way to earn credits!
Spoiler

Brimmer
02.10.2012 , 08:00 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Elysion View Post
everyone is buffed to effective level 49 stats based on some screwy formulas that bioware invented which are far from even.

A level 12 anything will have like, double the armor absorb of its level 49 counterpart, and hit very hard.

By the late teens and early 20s the armor advantage mysteriously vanishes, leaving you being somewhat gimped as you have limited skillset still and no ultramegabolster making you immortal

In my experience, of course.
It really depends on the class you play, such as a lvl 40 scoundrel/op will be able to take people down extremely fast, while knights will typically feel like wet pieces of paper.

Gunslingers will take people down in like 3-6 shots.

etc etc.

All the classes get their important skills at different levels so it comes down to who had their best skills currently.
Spoiler

Elysion
02.10.2012 , 08:02 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Brimmer View Post
It really depends on the class you play, such as a lvl 40 scoundrel/op will be able to take people down extremely fast, while knights will typically feel like wet pieces of paper.

Gunslingers will take people down in like 3-6 shots.

etc etc.

All the classes get their important skills at different levels so it comes down to who had their best skills currently.
It still doesnt explain how my medium armor wearing marauder, who had no helmet, at level 11, had 60% armor mitigation

Brimmer
02.10.2012 , 08:20 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Elysion View Post
It still doesnt explain how my medium armor wearing marauder, who had no helmet, at level 11, had 60% armor mitigation
Likely to make up for the fact you have only a few sub par skills to use.
Spoiler