Epic PUB GS win

Sangrar

Imps are still taking over on Vanjervalis Chain.

They seem to act like some sort of Horde or Locust schwarm : Taking over 1 satellite as a huge schwarm, then leaving 1-2 defenders there, then the swarm goes to the next satellite ... repeat ad nauseam.

It clearly shows that people who are good in ground PvP are also good in space PvP, because they use the same tactics.

I've lost more than enough matches with 3 imp-controlled satellites having 3 turrets ... Awful. My last result was 240:1000 ... Lost, of course ...

There is a difference in GS compared to the ground game matches which is you may not capture a satelite but you can neutralize it which will effectively then slow their bow down to where you can catch up

• 1 month later...
I played nothing but Galactic Star fighter since the free to play release. Pretty hard core this weekend (12+ hours a day trying to catch up). You can tell before the game starts how bad the pubs are going to stomp you. It is hard to miss when every one on your team has 2/3 ships and all the pubs except 1 have 5... he has 4. Instead of beat up noobs switching pub to win we need to have some of the pubs that are getting 20+ kills go imp for the challenge. If we can't find balance our self I am all in favor of the devs stepping in and bracketing player que's by ship requisition earned. That way the noobs can play with noobs and the uber elite premade ace since day one groups can wait until there is an imp group like that to go against... even if it takes months... other wise they need to nerf pub ships and components until they find balance.

Why do we (Republic) own the Harbinger? Is the population between the two factions that imbalanced?

I notice that sometimes as many as 5 straight matches are "mirror matches" and the rare time we go up against Imperials its a bunch of "two shippers" and a joke of a match against people who are clearly noobs takes place.

I think the OP was referring to his server saying the imps win all the time. The Harbinger seems to be evening out a little. I've been getting quite a few lopsided wins on the imp side. Now that I have my sting it's time to dominate :p

I played nothing but Galactic Star fighter since the free to play release. Pretty hard core this weekend (12+ hours a day trying to catch up). You can tell before the game starts how bad the pubs are going to stomp you. It is hard to miss when every one on your team has 2/3 ships and all the pubs except 1 have 5... he has 4. Instead of beat up noobs switching pub to win we need to have some of the pubs that are getting 20+ kills go imp for the challenge. If we can't find balance our self I am all in favor of the devs stepping in and bracketing player que's by ship requisition earned. That way the noobs can play with noobs and the uber elite premade ace since day one groups can wait until there is an imp group like that to go against... even if it takes months... other wise they need to nerf pub ships and components until they find balance.

imps and pubs have access to the ships with mirror abilities and mirror everything, imps have access to the same stuff we got, personally whenever I play on either side I win more than lose either way, just see my imp win video, the best part is I was still learning back then so it was not me at all, everyone else though did great. Also, thanks for bringing my thread back up. Still though real matchmaking is not possible at all without cross server which is clearly not coming anytime soon. As for your suggestion to pub ships and components... you have access you every single component, ability, and companion passive that we got, if you ain't winning that means that its your teams and people, its not our gear and the problems on your end, not ours.

Why do we (Republic) own the Harbinger? Is the population between the two factions that imbalanced?

I notice that sometimes as many as 5 straight matches are "mirror matches" and the rare time we go up against Imperials its a bunch of "two shippers" and a joke of a match against people who are clearly noobs takes place.

The Harbinger has been this way for a long time. Even in ground PvP, "mirror matches" happen a lot.

Purely, anecdotal. No proof. Just my observation....

The only explanation I can come up with (through years of playing MMOs with a PvP aspect) is that there is a discrepancy between those who dedicate to PvE and those who dedicate to PvP:

• PvE choose Republic/The "good" guys
  • PvP choose Empire/the "bad" guys.

Why "dedicated" PvP players tend to choose to play the bad guys, I do not know. But the result is that dedicated PvPers play on PvP servers, and so on PvE servers the scales tip toward the good guys. So when players on a PvE server decide to engage in PvP there is a distinct population imbalance.

I mostly play Imp on Harbinger, and it's... interesting. I've seen some amazing Imp total shut outs against the pubs, but mostly I see a lot of people who are new (and quickly frustrated against massive losses, and then give up... not helping the issue any), or who are flying as if they're lone-wolves instead of supporting a team mate or mission objective.

I think I've seen wins about 40% of the time as Imp. That 60% of the time can really stretch my patience though, and I admit, sometimes I'm just so over it that I don't try. I just go and try to level whatever ship I'm flying, mission be damned.

I was shocked at how often the pubs queue pops. Generally for pub on pub matches. I think the guy above may be right about populations on pve servers. It's amazing how many pub pilots there are at any given time, and how looooong the queues can be as an Imp.

I may have to consider a server xfer to a more active imp community before long.

P.S. If anyone knows of an imp group that runs pre-mades, or coordinates for gsf, please post or message. Getting awfully tired of pugging it.

Edited by Xnemth

Noobs vs aces is no fun. 1000-2 pub is common. our battle cry is "At least it'll end quick" and with less than a week playing i'm finding my self as ops leader often. That's sad. And it's not the occasional one sided game either, It's 4 wins in 100+ matches. It is common for the pubs to have 9 turrets up the whole game and I can't even sneak in and take one out in a half upgraded sting. Though I did get 9 kills and a win once in a freakishly balanced game against pub noobs... once...

The brackets I'm suggesting could be,

(1 Recruit) Has earned less that 25,000 ship requisition.

(2 Rookie) Has earned less than 50,000 ship requisition.

(3 Fighter) Does not have a fully upgraded ship or equivalent ship requisition earned for 1.5 fully upgraded ships.

(4 Veteran) Has at least one fully upgraded ship.

(5 Ace) for those that excel in the 4th category.

Pilots could "earn rank" based off of there ship requisition earned and the brackets can be separated by rank. Would give the Aces something to be proud of as a consolation for taking away there favorite past time (Target practice on noob fodder)

It would make people play in there experience bracket and give us noobs a chance to get better.

It would be easy to implement and I don't think it is unreasonable at all considering that every other pvp instance in every other MMO including ground combat in this one is sectioned into brackets based on level, rank, or experience.

Another option would be to introduce a PvE option for noobs to earn ship requisition when they are tired of being fodder. That way they could get there skills and there ship right before they go get face owned.

It feels like a population imbalance playing on Harbinger. I play primarily Imperial side and the few times when I go over to my Republic pilot I get into matches faster and win a lot more of them. I also see more mirror matches on the republic side. That being said I have seen a bit of a shift in the wins lately as the new batch of players has been added in but I am still winning only about 35% of my matches. I'm not saying that the Imperial side does not have its own share of aces but I see a larger group of names on the Republic side that are really good players in comparison. Nor am I claiming to be one of those good players but it was a refreshing change to be able to hold a satellite all by myself for a match and be fed gunships, strikes and scouts one or two at a time the other day. It was the only time I've felt powerful and strangely sad to be killing the Republic. They were obviously new recruits with no developed tactics.

And yes there are times when I fly around with a big hit me sign hanging off my Blackbolt. (mostly because it came with the paint job ^_^)

imps and pubs have access to the ships with mirror abilities and mirror everything, imps have access to the same stuff we got...

Not true, the crew members' skills are different combinations.

Big difference? No.

Noticeable when I fly Imp side vs Rep side? Yes. (there are only 2 members each side that have Hydrospanner, yet their other abilities are not mirrored)

But otherwise you are correct.

I love all you newer players on GSF right now. The shooting wildly is kinda ...wild, but earlier my imp side won by like 20-30 points if that. It was a great match!

I love all the new players because it's not even hard to get 15+ kills and a lot of assists in a match anymore :D

All the while I'm getting all dem objective points in mah FlashFire.

I just thought of a way to bring balance to space pvp that would work out very well for every one.

Take 1% of the total ship and fleet requisition ever earned by team A and divide it among the players of team B and award it to them for there level of challenge.

Do this for both teams at the end of every match.

If you must lower the amount otherwise awarded for completing the objectives and killing the enemy so be it.

If a master team goes against an all noob team the noob team will get much more fleet and ship requisition in the end for sticking it out and the master team will not get nearly as much because they had no challenge.

In no time the noobs them self will be masters and balance will be achieved.

think of it as an incentive for new players to que again.

I just thought of a way to bring balance to space pvp that would work out very well for every one.

Take 1% of the total ship and fleet requisition ever earned by team A and divide it among the players of team B and award it to them for there level of challenge.

Do this for both teams at the end of every match.

If you must lower the amount otherwise awarded for completing the objectives and killing the enemy so be it.

If a master team goes against an all noob team the noob team will get much more fleet and ship requisition in the end for sticking it out and the master team will not get nearly as much because they had no challenge.

In no time the noobs them self will be masters and balance will be achieved.

think of it as an incentive for new players to que again.

1%?? That on my best day is like 18... hardly anything to make a difference. And what about the matches you win 1000-900+. Does the losing team get more than the winning team?

I kinda like the concept of a shared revenue system (like the NFL for example) but this is not the way to implement one...

Edited by Zharik

You are not understanding i don't think. EVERYONE would get 1% of what the opposing team has EVER earned split evenly among the members of there team at the end of the match.

If you are shooting a bunch of new players, for example, like fish in a barrel and there is no challenge in it you would get very little requisition because 1% of what a new player team has ever earned in there short time playing is next to nothing.

On the other hand If you get face owned by an Ace premade then 1% of what they have earned is a lot so you get paid for your grief even in a loss and you become good faster.

The underdog would always get more requisition by a mile.

In an even match, however, the requisition should disperse pretty evenly with the winners most likely getting more at all skill levels than the losers.

As it stands now a premade group of masters can own noob face all day and clean up on requisition while the new guys that fight them all day have little chance to ever get as good because having succeed in no aspect of even one of there matches all day they collected only a tiny percent of the requisition the aces got in the same matches. This happens every day all day on my server. So the imbalance is growing a stronger imbalance quickly. What I am suggesting would bring balance. 1,500 requisition is going to the aces and the new players are getting 200 in a good game right now so how else I ask you are the new players going to catch up and become an equal opposing force?

Now if I could only get a developer to consider it or at least do something to save Galactic Starfighter while both factions still play we could all win.

The effect would be simple. It would shorten the learning curve a lot by allowing the new players that stick with it even though it is completely one sided 90%+ of the time to develop rapidly in turn becoming aces them self and balancing space pvp.

That's just an idea of mine that i hope they consider. how ever they balance it they need to do it fast before it becomes a pub only past time.

P.S. Pub, Pubs, Publix, what ever you want to call it. As Sith I am pleased every time that phrase brings out such emotion in people.

I love all you newer players on GSF right now. The shooting wildly is kinda ...wild, but earlier my imp side won by like 20-30 points if that. It was a great match!

New or veteran it's just better having more people. Games like this are simply better when there is a wide variety of players and skill levels. Every match is different.