Soloing flashpoints

I soloed the Esseles Flash point with my lvl 25 smuggler and companion. It was easy since I wasn't taking any damage. I'm guessing it can be soloed at a lower level char, but not sure where that point is.

I was NOT able to solo Esseles with my lvl 12 trooper and companion. I could not take out the Iron boss. Which is interesting as it's listed as a 2 player group for my trooper and listed as a 2+ player group for my smuggler. I did try to solo Esseles with my smuggler at an earlier level (like 12 or 13) and could not defeat the Iron boss either.

Both times I didn't have the best armor/fire power, stims, or fighting strategies in place.

Esseles was doable on a Vanguard solo at 17, with nothing special. The only part you can't do alone is the puzzle near the boss droid that needs two people to each flip a switch on opposite ends of the room. But you can still complete the instance. Even at 17, I think the boots that dropped from somewhere were better than what I was wearing when I started it. The rest of the loot was just shop food, but I think I netted about 3K credits anyway.

That said, it takes a while; probably more than making the same credits and getting better loot doing missions more on your level. You also don't get social points when you solo these instances, which are the main thing I think most higher levels come back and blitz the lower FPs for.

You also get a few Coruscant commendations out of it, which can be mildly useful if you just need a couple more to buy a level 15-ish piece of gear or something.

Edited by Heezdedjim

I was able to Solo Black Talon, Hammer station, and Athiss at level 30 on my Sorc...

I used "WAS" as it was in beta, even though the last week so not much should have changed.

did the same, but the rewards is terrible..

ewen with a team, once they r gray = terrible.

Thanks all. I've been doing all solo quests first on a planet, then getting a group at the end to do all the heroics/flashpoints. Just got to thinking I wonder if I could wait on these and do them solo at some point (I do like grouping...but I was just curious).

I ended up soloing BT last night with my Lvl 12 Sith Sorcerer and companion. Just to see if I could. Was a pain in the *****, and took about an hour and a half (my first flashpoint, so I died a few times getting my bearings, haha). Got Orange chest and saber drops in that run. The first boss I was able to take fairly well. The second and third were pretty tough. Companion would consistently drop when boss was half-dead. Then I had to spam heals on myself about four times for every damaging channel I used. Not really worth it for time/reward ratio, but I thought it was a good exercise.

I've not personally gone through and soloed hammer and athiss but I've soloed black talon at level eleven on sorc. As for the rest I've two manned hammer, athiss, and mandalorian raiders all at the recommended levels with sniper and mercenary so I would imagine given enough levels they shouldn't be to rough aside from raiders which I wouldn't dream of soloing till long after it would be worth doing.

Black Talon solo at like 11 or 12 except for the lightside version. Hammerstation, Athis and Mandalorian raiders can all be solod at 35. The first 2 obviously you can solo them earlier. By that level you pretty much avoid all damage in those instances. Atleast I do as a sith jugg.

Is there a point at which we'll be high enough level to go back and solo flashpoints to milk all the loot ourselves? :)

I'm just wondering at what point, if any, I could go back and knock out Black Talon with a companion.

Solo'd Black Talon my first try at about lvl 12, not too hard to do :cool:

Is there a point at which we'll be high enough level to go back and solo flashpoints to milk all the loot ourselves? :)

I'm just wondering at what point, if any, I could go back and knock out Black Talon with a companion.

Solo'd Black Talon my first try at about lvl 12, not too hard to do :cool:

• 9 months later...
I soloed BT and esseles NM on all my toons lvl 11-13, using the boxes and walls avoid and interupt hard hitting attacks, i had to zerg the first boss with my gunslinger since he spawns unlimited adds took him to 30% then came back and killed him again when he was fighting the republic npc's there, rest are easy and even easier if you have a healer companion.(posted this like its a big accomplishment:p easiest thing ever lol.) Edited by Ismercu

It naturally depends on your gear, class and companions but normally I am able to solo a flashpoint when being 7-8 (or 9 if badly geared) over the req. level for that flashpoint. (Soloed The False Emperor HM on my Assassin Tank (thought with healing companion) with full Campaign/Dread Guard yesterday without having any real problem, so it is possible on endgame as well).

At level 50 with Tionese you can solo everything up to, and including, Red Reaper (not including the Collicoid games puzzle maze).

At level 50 with Rakata (or if you're really good Columi) you can solo Battle of Illum and False Emperor.*

HM BT and HM D7 have both been soloed, though I suspect soloing HM Esseles would be much harder than soloing HM BT so I wouldn't recommend it.

*Remember that you need to be able to knockback Malgus twice in FE

Edited by AshlaBoga