How would POT5 feel about a bounty board?

Cilas

If you have no idea what I'm talking about I can elaborate... But the basics are pretty straight forward. This only works if people get their butts off of the fleets, but can be a great way to produce some pvp outside warzones. While challenging, tracking a player in this game isn't impossible (especially if you have help.) let me know if this is something anyone would be interested in and I can round up more details. Edited by Cilas

Until bioware opens it up so people of both factions are able to invade eachothers territory I feel that a bounty board would be pointless. Everyone just sits on fleet except when they are doing dailies or leveling an alt. Its a shame that bioware has overlooked the awesomeness that could have been a bounty board system and raiding the opposing faction on their planets.

so hard to track...create a toon on the opposite side.../who "name of character...check location, since this is an instanced world at that poit he is pretty much tracked..

anyway..pointless stuff..like any world pvp related thing. would rather get small scale rated deathmatch pvp, beter known as arenas..or even a true rating system for rwzs

Say no more, I won't bother :)

Only way I could think to track would be to friend someone, use /who, and stay near likely areas (dailies etc)

Only way to make it fun is if the hunted agree and even challenge others to find and kill. Yes, this means no hanging out on fleet (kind of the point!)

Never said it would have to be 1v1 too, so a bounty hunter could bring as many friends as necessary to get the kill.. Same goes for the bounty, if you have a 5mil bounty on your head, may not want to run around solo.

To ease the tracking issue perhaps the arenas for bounty could be confined to sector x, black hole, and perhaps ilum? I'm thinking of places with dailies that have a range of environments and terrain.

Again, just a thought to get more people off the fleet. If they knew they could get some money, might be good incentive..

how about a "hide and seek" kind of thing. have a shadow/scoundrel (and their mirrors) run around a specific area for a set period of time with a group from the other faction, maybe 4 people, trying to find him. if the hider stays alive through the entire time limit, they get the a set amount of credits. if he loses, he has to give the seekers credits. you would need to find a good location but i bet that would be loads of fun :)

If you have no idea what I'm talking about I can elaborate... But the basics are pretty straight forward. This only works if people get their butts off of the fleets, but can be a great way to produce some pvp outside warzones. While challenging, tracking a player in this game isn't impossible (especially if you have help.) let me know if this is something anyone would be interested in and I can round up more details.

Dude, that fricken rocks. The game does not have a Bounty Board established like SWG did, but we could easily make our own.

Just make a channel, and let us know what you name it, I'll /cjoin and we can get this show rolling. Great idea, man. I love it.

This brings me back....

Being a Bounty Hunter in SWG and dropping probe droids to find a jedi or someone else.. and then tracking them down while they are doing quests. So fun.

Eve online has a very similar thing - if someone kills you and they have a low security ratting you can put a bounty on them. And it is advertised on billboards throughout the game. Sometimes ppl get 100s of millions of credits put on their heads, and if you are the kill them you get all the cash.

Ok, perhaps there is a little interest :). I think limiting it to specific zones to start would be good... And I think section x is a GREAT location. Cool and different terrain with lots of activity.

I'll create a channel for imp side tonight and announce it. Probably just call it /bountyboard

As I said above as well, only works if the hunted, or bounty, agrees to it as well otherwise they could just hide on the fleet.