Space Combat is phenominal. Bioware job well done!!

ColdLogic

Whichever team was in charge of space mechanics/ship pathing & warship tactics should get a raise. You have created one of the most fun group of console style space battles I've ever played!

I really love the curvy paths and dodgable objects, the huge ships that come out of hyperspace and the countless enemies and zones.

GREAT JOB BIOWARE! Keep up the good work. :D

Edited by ColdLogic

If you are talking about the PvE space combat, it is the most boring over scripted part of this game.

It is no fun at all being lead around on a leash while the only real control I have is aiming and spamming the fire button.

The space portions should be full open world like STO.

If you are talking about the PvE space combat, it is the most boring over scripted part of this game.

It is no fun at all being lead around on a leash while the only real control I have is aiming and spamming the fire button.

Bad troll! No cake!

Someone never played Star Fox 64, it's a nostalgic game style to me. I like it a lot.... I can even do a barrel roll.

Edited by ColdLogic

Someone never played Star Fox 64, it's a nostalgic game style to me. I like it a lot.

This. EXACTLY this. It's not necessarily that's it's challenging, or super well-developed, it's just that it's FUN. I enjoy it. If other people don't, that's perfectly fine, they can not play it. I however will continue pewpewing in my space donkey until my keyboard wears down to plastic nubs.

I am greatly enjoying this game, but space combat has to be improved. Dogfights, and capital ship engagements have always been a big part of the Star Wars franchise. Putting in an arcade game instead of simulator on the level of X-wing/Tie fighter is a huge disappointment.

I simply expect more in this day and age. Space combat in a Star Wars game should not just be a mini game.

Whichever team was in charge of space mechanics/ship pathing & warship tactics should get a raise. You have created one of the most fun group of console style space battles I've ever played!

I really love the curvy paths and dodgable objects, the huge ships that come out of hyperspace and the countless enemies and zones.

I found it really boring. I'm not surprised, I hated shoot 'em ups when they were popular in the 80s and 90s....

I found it really boring. I'm not surprised, I hated shoot 'em ups when they were popular in the 80s and 90s....

This is probably exactly why Space Combat isn't a larger part of the game. People by and large don't buy something that is marketed as a ground-based player MMO to play space sims. Forcing players to do so would be unfair, and something that is in the game but is completely optional is not going to get the same kind of development priority as the parts that every player will be REQUIRED to play. That's just common sense. I suspect that's why while the developers have indicated they have big plans for space combat, it was considered something they could flesh out post-launch and focus on other aspects that they wanted to improve prior to launch that would be a necessary part of EVERY player's experience.

Not to single you out, Mandrax, you're just a good example. Nothing wrong with not enjoying that style of game.

LoL,

It's a fun little minigame for a while. But this being Star Wars I would have hoped space played a more significant and meaningful role. Instead it's a quasi 3d companion interface quest hub.

On the other hand, you could use the same argument to say that WoW should have an overhead strategy game as a battleground. ;-)

Really ?!? Cause it just looks like a cheap version of a '90s video game to me.

Don't care if trolling.

I enjoy the space combat for what it is. A mini-game. I nice change of pace from questing. Could be better, could be worse. The experience you get from it is great though.

Thank god, some (you and the person above you) who agrees with me on space combat.

Eh... no.

SW:TOR's "space combat" is a 100% scripted single-player rail shooter, and not even a particularly good one at that.

Give me Jump to Lightspeed any day over this turd. Then again, I guess that'd be too complex for a modern game. The mantra is now "the customer is an idiot with the attention span of a goldfish, give him something his meager intellect is capable of grasping".

Let me guess, you work for Bioware.

Eh... no.

SW:TOR's "space combat" is a 100% scripted single-player rail shooter, and not even a particularly good one at that.

Give me Jump to Lightspeed any day over this turd. Then again, I guess that'd be too complex for a modern game. The mantra is now "the customer is an idiot with the attention span of a goldfish, give him something his meager intellect is capable of grasping".

Sadly, the days of sandbox style games are over. I guess developers think they are too niche or too complicated.