Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers

CourtneyWoods

A free transfer will most of the time be used to balance out population. Did you really expect them to let you transfer wherever you want on a free transfer and so creating another population disaster?

What you are looking for are paid transfers. Those will come once they either shut down or merge the origin servers into one.

Btw transfers from Jung Ma to Pot5 might never happen since one is a RP-PVP and the other is a PVP server.

There will be no population disaster simply not allow people to transfer from heavy servers to light servers. SWG did it they didn't allow people to transfer from bria all the way to a dead server like lowca but they allowed otherwise to transfer to other alive servers. Jung Ma to Pot5 will happen, bioware even said this is coming soon as character transfer system progresses. If this doesn't happen, people will leave immediately and u will see a major drop.(so many other issues in the game smh.)

I feel like I'm being treated like crap sometimes.

Bioware:We don't have a word on that yet. We can't discuss that right now.

Jonoku:wut? the game's been out for 7 months and dont want to discuss content with the playerbase? Bioware treats it like the game has yet to be released, when it has been released for 7 months.

Maybe this is a sign that bioware knows themselves the game shouldn't have released on december 2011 but later.

Edited by Jonoku

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jung Ma to Pot5 will happen, bioware even said this is coming soon as character transfer system progresses. If this doesn't happen, people will leave immediately and u will see a major drop.(so many other issues in the game smh.
What makes you say this? Jung Ma's population is just as strong as Prophecy's, if not stronger, and both servers are now booming. There's no reason to facilitate transfer from either of them. Additionally, since they are different server types there's even less reason to facilitate transfers between the two, paid or otherwise. Edited by HeavensAgent

The only issue that i have is all of my republic toons are on Ebon hawk, i cant move my empire toons to ebon hawk off of lord adraas because i do not have enough space for them. i would love it if they allowed us to choose which destination server we can go too. lord adraas is currently a ghost town now making my empire toons virtually useless.

please open up free xfers off of the origin servers to any destination server soon.

What makes you say this? Jung Ma's population is just as strong as Prophecy's, if not stronger, and both servers are now booming. There's no reason to facilitate transfer from either of them. Additionally, since they are different server types there's even less reason to facilitate transfers between the two, paid or otherwise.

So your saying people shouldn't have a choice to transfer. Of course every other mmo will never allow you to transfer characters to different servers. You'll always be stuck with the one you started with. Both servers obviously don't have any population issues what so ever. My reason to transfer from Jung Ma to Pot5 isn't because of population because they are obviously the same. My reason to transfer is totally unrelevant to population. I have been studying all the swtor populated servers from time to time. If I'm so worried about Population and not care about anything else I'd still be active on Jung Ma.

Transfers Aren't always about population but playing with friends.

Edited by Jonoku

Will you give us more than one predetermined server to transfer from?

I don't know how everyone else in the community feels about having only one predetermined server to transfer from, but I feel it definitely isn't enough. I understand that you all want to make sure a server isn't over populated, cut down on possible wait times, and a number of other issues. This is a good thing...dont get me wrong. However, can we get more than one predetermined transfer option. I am currently on the pve west coast server Veeboo Lunx and the predetermined server is pve Drooga's Pleasure Barge another west coast server. Can I get a predetermined east coast pve server to transfer to? This would still allow you to control the server balance while giving us, the players, another option.

Will you give us more than one predetermined server to transfer from?

I don't know how everyone else in the community feels about having only one predetermined server to transfer from, but I feel it definitely isn't enough. I understand that you all want to make sure a server isn't over populated, cut down on possible wait times, and a number of other issues. This is a good thing...dont get me wrong. However, can we get more than one predetermined transfer option. I am currently on the pve west coast server Veeboo Lunx and the predetermined server is pve Drooga's Pleasure Barge another west coast server. Can I get a predetermined east coast pve server to transfer to? This would still allow you to control the server balance while giving us, the players, another option.

I rather not they give a second one, personally I would rather people be limited to only picking the alive servers right now. Basically this means people aren't allow to transfer to any of the dead servers but rather the live ones. We don't want people seperating to different servers all over again. If you want freedom to transfer this is the best that people should get, transfer to alive ones but not the dead servers.

90% of the people who speak up in fleet while you happen to be reading during a certain time frame are happy. Which means nothing, as the silent majority has not been counted.

This is important to understand for anyone looking at numbers. They don't translate into general population distribution without different means of sampling (than those I used).

However, the observations I collected do have meaning. They are a good sample of reasons people who volunteer their opinions provide about liking and disliking transfers. It's a piece of qualitative data.

Oh, I wish BW released their data sets! Won't THAT be interesting to analyze?

I rather not they give a second one, personally I would rather people be limited to only picking the alive servers right now. Basically this means people aren't allow to transfer to any of the dead servers but rather the live ones. We don't want people seperating to different servers all over again. If you want freedom to transfer this is the best that people should get, transfer to alive ones but not the dead servers.

While its good for making sure people transfer to active servers, instead of dead servers. They still should have had multiple destinations for one origin. You see I had rolled on 3 different servers (as the previous one died). I had a grand total of 15 toons on those 3 servers (Perlenian, Zhar, and Zakkeg). All 3 servers were selected to go to Drooga. That means I had 7 toons that could not be transfered and were ultimately deleted as a result, as I didn't want to leave them on a dead server. If BW had opened multiple destination servers for every one origin it would have fixed my problem. I could have transferred the ones on Zakkeg to a different server and not had to delete any.

While its good for making sure people transfer to active servers, instead of dead servers. They still should have had multiple destinations for one origin. You see I had rolled on 3 different servers (as the previous one died). I had a grand total of 15 toons on those 3 servers (Perlenian, Zhar, and Zakkeg). All 3 servers were selected to go to Drooga. That means I had 7 toons that could not be transfered and were ultimately deleted as a result, as I didn't want to leave them on a dead server. If BW had opened multiple destination servers for every one origin it would have fixed my problem. I could have transferred the ones on Zakkeg to a different server and not had to delete any.

I don't think you needed to "delete" them. It wasn't required for you to transfer ANY of them, and you could have just transferred the ones you wanted and leave the others behind until either transfers are made available to OTHER servers or the amount of character slots are increased (which is in the works), then you could have brought more over.

Personally I wouldn't use the word multiple destinations, I would just say, people get their choice depending if its a alive server. So those extra 7 toons can go to your choice of a server.

Edited by Jonoku

Thanks for killing Shadow Hand... I've queued in pvp most of the week, 50 and the lower levels... absolute nada. Good news is that I have the Republic space station all to myself! Thanks! And it is still having the Server Admin Messages every 15 mins. There are 2 players currently on Tatooine, mid-late afternoon on a weekend. C'mon rethink that server. Edited by Praxeum

Thanks for killing Shadow Hand... I've queued in pvp most of the week, 50 and the lower levels... absolute nada. Good news is that I have the Republic space station all to myself! Thanks! And it is still having the Server Admin Messages every 15 mins. There are 2 players currently on Tatooine, mid-late afternoon on a weekend. C'mon rethink that server.

That is good then i think.:)

I don't think you needed to "delete" them. It wasn't required for you to transfer ANY of them, and you could have just transferred the ones you wanted and leave the others behind until either transfers are made available to OTHER servers or the amount of character slots are increased (which is in the works), then you could have brought more over.

What else would I do with them. I can't afford paid transfer at this time, and rumor has it that is the next stage of transfers is paid. So they would remain on a dead server, might as well just delete them.

Personally I wouldn't use the word multiple destinations, I would just say, people get their choice depending if its a alive server. So those extra 7 toons can go to your choice of a server.

No offense but how is that different than what I said. Opening multiple destinations would give people the choice of which server to go to.

This character transfer seems to have turned Ajunta Pall into a ghost town! the Galactic Trading is empty, there are only 1 or two players on each planet. Even the fleet is empty!

Ajunta Pall was probably an Origin server. Of course the origin servers are likely to be ghost towns now.

No offense but how is that different than what I said. Opening multiple destinations would give people the choice of which server to go to.

If you generalize your statement it can mean more then just 2 destination servers. if your specific people wouldnt be looking for just another destination server but as many destination servers as possible without going to dead servers.

Like me I'm trying to get my legacy from jung ma to Pot5, if i can only transfer off of jung ma to fatman or jung ma to a nonserver Pot5, I'd be pissed.

Edited by Jonoku

Sadly, many of us are leaving the game since the legacies and skilled/geared characters we worked so hard to build are now relegated to servers on which we have no desire to play. At least 6 people in my current guild are leaving the game. No QQ, just honesty here. Bioware is blind (or maybe it's EA's decision, I have no idea who is dictating this very BAD business decision). See you in GW2 and Secret World! Edited by BlueIndigo
Inactive swotor sig

What else would I do with them. I can't afford paid transfer at this time, and rumor has it that is the next stage of transfers is paid. So they would remain on a dead server, might as well just delete them.

Well, first of all, we don't know when the paid transfers are going to happen, or how MUCH they will cost or even if they WILL cost anything (although most likely, they will). It wasn't hurting anything to leave them where they were until you found out some definite answers. Your solution to "delete them" was a tad more permanent and seemed a little hasty.

Although, if I'm not mistaken, sometimes you can contact customer service, and they may be able to recover them.

I currently have joined a guild on a PvP server and my mains are currently trapped on a PvE server. While things were dead, I rolled on more populated servers and decided to experiment with PvP. I found I like it much better. But since I've put so much work into building up a legacy, I just left them for now, hoping that soon we will get some kind of information on what Bioware is going to do to allow us to merge legacies.

I would hope that Bioware would consider free transfers to unite the legacies that we fractured by re-rolling to keep our subscription fees coming in and making the game playable. Especially for those of us who stayed with them through the hard times, but I'm honestly not expecting it.

If I have to pay to move them I guess I'll figure out how to manage it. But until we get some kind of information (*cough* ...Community Team... *cough*) I'm back to that weird limbo area I was before waiting for the current FREE transfers.

Since both of my servers were destination servers, this particular round didn't help me other than having a much more playable population (which was the company's intention). With Legacies being such a "stand out feature" for this game, I hope they consider a way to help us get our legacies where they should be, and help them with some of the hurt feelings within the community

So back to the waiting game....

I would have liked to see TWO Destination Servers minimum per type of server, giving people a choice of going to a grossly overpopulated server, or a moderately populated one. Instead, all of the East Coast RP-PvE servers were rolled into one, leaving five ghost towns.

Of course, a couple of smart guilds could have owned those ghost towns, had they coordinated it instead of panicking and running like rats on a sinking ship. Think about it - if one large Republic RP guild and one large Imperial RP guild had remained behind, all PvP could have been in character and meaningful. The lawless and aligned regions on Tatooine could have been something very special.

I'll play until they start shutting down the servers where my characters are and force me to move. Then I will be forced to move to my Account page and close up shoop for good.

I would have liked to see TWO Destination Servers minimum per type of server, giving people a choice of going to a grossly overpopulated server, or a moderately populated one. Instead, all of the East Coast RP-PvE servers were rolled into one, leaving five ghost towns.

Of course, a couple of smart guilds could have owned those ghost towns, had they coordinated it instead of panicking and running like rats on a sinking ship. Think about it - if one large Republic RP guild and one large Imperial RP guild had remained behind, all PvP could have been in character and meaningful. The lawless and aligned regions on Tatooine could have been something very special.

I'll play until they start shutting down the servers where my characters are and force me to move. Then I will be forced to move to my Account page and close up shoop for good.

2 destination servers still could mean you'll be disappointed according to my previous post.

If you generalize your statement it can mean more then just 2 destination servers. if your specific people wouldnt be looking for just another destination server but as many destination servers as possible without going to dead servers.

Like me I'm trying to get my legacy from jung ma to Pot5, if i can only transfer off of jung ma to fatman or jung ma to a nonserver Pot5, I'd be pissed.

Sadly, many of us are leaving the game since the legacies and skilled/geared characters we worked so hard to build are now relegated to servers on which we have no desire to play. At least 6 people in my current guild are leaving the game. No QQ, just honesty here. Bioware is blind (or maybe it's EA's decision, I have no idea who is dictating this very BAD business decision). See you in GW2 and Secret World!

Since it's totally bioware/EA's fault for the loss of population and fault for making way too many servers. People should have freedom and get a one time transfer anywhere(not the dead servers of course) for free.

Edited by Jonoku

I am hoping to be able to consolidate the characters I have onto a single server. Is it possible that at some point the option to transfer characters to servers where you already have established (level 50/legacy) characters might be available? Transferring characters from a server I don't play on to another server I don't play on seems unhelpful to either myself or the server population issue.

The least they could have done was open up 12 character slots per server on the destinations...

after losing half my lvl 50 character names, my legacy name, and having to leave 2 lvl 50s behind on my former server because I already have 2 republic characters on the destination server, I am struggling to fill the crew skill holes in my roster, and already have low motivation to play on due to the mishandling of the name situation.

On top of all that my destination server is plagued with unplayable lag spikes day and night.

60 odd days left on my account, chance of renewal...Slim. :rolleyes:

On top of all that my destination server is plagued with unplayable lag spikes day and night.

60 odd days left on my account, chance of renewal...Slim. :rolleyes:

:o:(:o:(:o:o:rolleyes: I'm done man, this game isnt worth 50 cents a day, can't handle massive battles. and those 4 warzones we have are fun, and the new one that we will get will be fun too playing the same ones for thousands of hours, SO FUN!!!!!!

Edited by Jonoku