Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Assassins Read up!

eonfoo
01.08.2012 , 03:32 PM | #1
To prevent yourself from playing a class you could eventually hate read up.

Rule 1 (This rule will also save you the wrath of Cowflab): You are a not a rogue. If you rolled assassin in the hopes of playing something akin to a wow rogue turn around and head over to the Operative forums.

Please do not make threads asking why you don't do as much damage as an Operative. You are a support/utility class that if played right is completely viable in all aspects of the game.

Rule 2: Stop comparing yourselves to other classes (kind of a follow-up of rule 1). You are playing a class that is unique in it's own way. Thus you won't play like other classes, comparing yourselves to Bounty Hunters is frustrating to everyone who reads your posts. You're not a BH you're not an Ops, don't compare.

Rule 3: Your "niche" in pvp is... You guessed it Support/Jack of All Trades. You have abilities for almost every situation. You have plenty of control/interrupts if played and timed correctly. You must also realize that while all specs are viable you are going to be giving up something in return for the other I.E Survivability vs Burst. You can't have both choose one or the other that fits your play-style.

Rule 4: Probably the most important rule... This is not a face-roll class. If you were looking for the I-win class you're in the wrong place. This class requires an understanding of your surroundings so you can use the right tools for the job. You have Force Shroud great against spell casters... You have deflection another great defensive CD against melee and ranged. If you are darkness you have plenty of tools to protect your teammates/yourself if need be.

Rule 5: If you're going to make a thread to complain about something please do it in an intelligent and respectful way. Plenty of people here who would love to discuss the class without letting it turn into a *****torm.

Or TL;DR Know your **** before you make a thread complaining about something.

If you have read all this and still feel the urge to play a Sin congrats you'll probably have a blast and will probably succeed in your career as a Sith Assassin. Have fun out there!

Love you.

Alicar
01.08.2012 , 04:52 PM | #2
I faceroll in pvp lol.
(▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀!!▀Ξ[▀!▀()▀!▀]Ξ▀!!▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)

kainsec
01.08.2012 , 05:20 PM | #3
I vote for the sticky
level 50 Sith Assassin
level 50 Mara
Member of Shadow Empire

eonfoo
01.08.2012 , 06:34 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by kainsec View Post
I vote for the sticky
I love you too

fitterbr
01.08.2012 , 07:35 PM | #5
Have to disagree with you this IS the I-WIN class.
(██////////////██████████████████████████████████████)

Glamscum
01.08.2012 , 08:34 PM | #6
Really, a great post! True in all aspects.

Cowflab
01.08.2012 , 08:53 PM | #7
Great post, although you have opened the barn door for all the whiners to come in and give you 5 abilities that are synonomous to WoW rogues. Thus making us rogues.

Talyn_Rahl
01.08.2012 , 09:01 PM | #8
Good post, I don't know why people complain about PvP, from a personal perspective Darkness Tank frakkin pwn (and this is full 31/10 Darkness, not the Madness hybrid, which is even better), spent about 3 hoursish doing PvP today, was ALWAYS top defender, usually 2/3rd on damage and had a decent amount of healing done.

TL;DR: if you think Assassins are bad in PvP, the problem is between the keyboard and the chair, not with the class.
Proud Ownder of a CE Preorder Key aww yeah.
And for no real reason... here's a little spaceship!
ffwwooooossshhh!

Cowflab
01.08.2012 , 09:13 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Talyn_Rahl View Post
Good post, I don't know why people complain about PvP, from a personal perspective Darkness Tank frakkin pwn (and this is full 31/10 Darkness, not the Madness hybrid, which is even better), spent about 3 hoursish doing PvP today, was ALWAYS top defender, usually 2/3rd on damage and had a decent amount of healing done.

TL;DR: if you think Assassins are bad in PvP, the problem is between the keyboard and the chair, not with the class.
I've never tried the full darkness spec but I'm sure its great. I have extensive experience with the 23/0/18 hybrid and anyone who a) thinks it plays like a tank or b) doesn't do enough damage to kill someone in a timely manner is delusional. IMO it is how the assassin should be played but to each their own.

You have massive AoE, great mobility, a pull, a knockdown and an AoE knockback, can lock people down, can extend your healers life, and choose when and where you fight just as well as any other stealth class. You can play any roll in huttball besides a healer and often times ninja objectives single handedly. We aren't the best skirmishing class but can hold our own when needed. I dont know what else you could possibly ask for besides a healer spec.

theonepanda
01.08.2012 , 10:11 PM | #10
Deception is very much like a rogue.

And as far as I can tell I do more dps than operatives.

You are definitely not a support class.

Assassin dps is great >.>

Also what do you support with? Your slow, which sorcs get too? Your spike, which you can use once?

Darkness certainly plays like a DK more than a rogue, but that is to be expected, as you're kinda doing the very opposite of rogues do, standing in front of a boss and punching it.

Madness has its dots and probably isn't terribly roguelike, but it is the shared tree between sorcs and assassins.
Fear the panda