1.4 Overload

makaru

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They ruined it, they added some distance to the push and made some erratic animation/fx that makes no sense. The skill that you used to push people back who where chasing you or to knock people off was made 100% to knock people off ledges standing in front of you and it even sucks at that. EA/Bioware developer team is a joke and so is whomever is in charge of it. Edited by Jurakan

it's only pushing people I use it on only 5yards still. which makes it utterly useless and it is a complete nerf. As a Healer, I have no way to escape from a focusing mob of people. If it's only gonna push people 5yards infront of me, then it needs to be an aoe knockback and not this conal thing. Now I can understand that in the lightning tree you can root people u hit with Overload, but the move should still be the aoe effect and the lightning tree people would have it changed to the conal dmg to root them with. That would been more in line with other abilities and classes

I'm going to start fraps'in pure examples of overload misses after the string of pvp matches I just did. Though it isn't -always- the case, I've noticed that quick spinning to face a target and use overload is like flipping a coin if it actually registers. I'm sitting at 28 ms on this new server, so I have my doubts that it's latency issues.

Anyone else been seeing something like this yet? Missing something that is absolutely in front of you in the cone range?

I do like it Pve-wise.

Can be used by my sin tank now to build decent threat, and so long as I keep the CCed targets to my back, I dont break it.

Now, the animation IS sloppier, but I think thats fine tuning, and that a Powerful cone ability is the way, not a on-the-run knockback AOE.

I don't like the changes because the distance people get pushed back seems to be shorter than before. At least this is how it feels in PvP. It also either have a really narrow frontal cone or it bugs out due to lag because it rarely seems to hit the people you try to hit with it.

Definitely a nerf.. the push distance is shorter, and as a means of escape it is now completely pointless. The damage on overload has never been enough to use aggressively except to push something. Whatever they did with the change it pushes fewer people than before.

As if.. in a game where the sorcs have a dps tree and are still low in total dps we needed another nerf to make us worse at everything except healing.

Chisaineko, 50 sorc pvp/pve

It should push people back the same distance as before, as no change of that was mentioned in the patches notes. Unless the developers put that in without telling us, you cannot say that it pushes people a shorter or longer distance.

The new animation/instant mechanic allows you to cast the knock back of the skill exactly when you press the key, which makes it much easier to use in that sense. It's not hard to get the timing right unless you're still using it in the mindset of the old version.

So far I have not missed any targets I tried to push back in pve or pvp. However, I still have not had many situations that required fast turning followed by the knock back so there may be an issue with the way the game recognizes that turn and where you are "facing" when you use the ability.

When considering the change to conal, it only adds the requirement to use overload tactically, which is not too difficult. I've read posts complaining about what they're supposed to do if they get surrounded as they can only take care of so much angular space. If you are a sorc, you should not be putting yourself in any situations where you get surrounded (barring a bunch of leapers on the enemy team leaping to you at once, which would probably result in your death anyways). With varying situations you now have varying ways to use the skill to achieve the most desired effect, and its general utility really hasn't been taken away. If people are missing targets because of a game issue that is a problem that needs to be corrected, but if you can't position yourself correctly to use the skill properly then you need to learn.