45 Minute Queue - Really!?

amerrigan

I'm seriously hoping that the 45 Minute queue to get on my server is a pre-launch issue only, What happens on the 20th when the general public join SW:TOE?; 2 day waiting list?

:mad:

:update, now taking 4-5hours to get on to server

Edited by amerrigan

• Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There's plenty of "Standard" population servers, don't jump a bandwagon and start on the most popular ones..

Two things here.

Point me at the German standard pop PvE servers (hint they're all full) or the EU English ones (hint 4 are full, 3 very heavy) so that is not a choice.

2nd, he may have already built up a char for a couple of days on the server he is trying to log into, why should he jump and start over?

I'm seriously hoping that the 45 Minute queue to get on my server is a pre-launch issue only, What happens on the 20th when the general public join SW:TOE?; 2 day waiting list?

This your first MMO launch? 1-4 hour queues are not uncommon. Infact you should expect them on the 20th.

Clearly you have never played an MMO before, Kazzak EU on wow used to have 1000+ deep queue on there every night... The server boxes can only hold up to 2000-2500 people unless you want them to crash every 5 mins.

Once the hype dies down and everyone quits because they didnt get their early access code when they wanted it will be ok. but for now crack out the coffee

I'm getting kicked out every 15m, then have to wait for 20m to get back in.

Was kicked off server about an hour ago, everytime i get back in (after the wait) get an instant error msg and back to 250-300th in line, getting longer waits everytime.

Slightly annoyed yes, because I've been trying to get in for an hour an a half only to get insta kicked back to out, then wait again to get back in. Didn't get booted off once yesterday, only started around 3pm (gmt).

But not throwing a fit, there is plenty of tears in these forums as it is. They'll probably sort it out in time, these things happen (seen worse) and tbh i should have picked a lower pop server, been playing mmo's long enough to know that so no excuse :p

God, im starting to hate bioware etc.. Waiting times, bad support, bad information.. I pre-ordered in July. Over 1 hour queue to my server...............

Im back to wow until they fix this and im not paying for my swtor until the game actually works.

You must be mistaken. They did the staggered launch so there would be no queues. Move along nothing to see here.

Guess what its going to be hours of waiting come the weekend so get used to it

There's plenty of "Standard" population servers, don't jump a bandwagon and start on the most popular ones..

Yeah very good , unfortunatly my guild was put onto tomb of freedon naad server , with a queu of 1hr 25mins right now fkn pathetic.

God, im starting to hate bioware etc.. Waiting times, bad support, bad information.. I pre-ordered in July. Over 1 hour queue to my server...............

Im back to wow until they fix this and im not paying for my swtor until the game actually works.

Lets just hope you stay there, you know why there is no queues on wow anymore? Cuz the game is dead and sucks *** and has done for the past 2 years if not longer, lets say the release of WOTLk, I hope you enjoy pandas.

I myself went into this with an understanding que's were likely... ill accept upto 15min que's on a daily basis if thats what it has to be, alot more during launch. Just be happy you can access the game at this point, some of us still cant do that.

I finally got in today, damn i was soo happy, i join server where my friends play, 1h queue, no problem for me.

I logged in after that time, i make char and i start play, after 3 min game just go to desktop, i try log in and tada, 1,5 hour queue again.

There should be like in other MMO a little bit of time (3-5 min ) where you can join without queue after d/c and other things.

i just randomly clicked on a pve English server and it happen to be Frostclaw

and as i got in the first wave of invites it had "low" on pop so i took it.

as i have been logged on pretty much all the time since then (not 24/7 but mostly all day(s))

i haven't notice the que's until now when i had to logout,

50min+ que, its not that bad goes pretty fast but still this is PRE RELEASE, its going to be hell

on the 20th when everybody else is coming on, i know for a fact that most people will leave the game afk with macros jumping etc just so they dont have to que when they get home from

school/work, it its going to lag down the game crasy :S

tldr, NOT looking forward to launch afk-macro-jumping-ppl.

Not only are the queues way too long, but now I can't even log in to Bloodworthy. I just get an error that sends me off to Swtor.com/support.

For those of us that don't have amazingly stable internet connections, a couple of disconnects might mean that we don't get any time to play at all - seeing as there is no grace period for disconnected users(meaning we have to spend another 50 min in the queue).

They really need to do something about this, and fast - as it is bound to get worse.

LoL... you clearly never played WoW when they first started. Everything you're mad at Bioware, Blizzard has already done. You think they quickly answered your complaint when their servers were down for days, and queues up to several hours?

Seriously, if you're going to hate BW for these petty reasons, then you should hate Blizzard just the same. Hypocrite.