New Hair, New Eyes, New Makeup, but head shape changed?

TrixxieTriss

We’ve had all of the above new changes, but has anyone used the modification terminal to really look at all the appearance options?

I’m not sure if I’m imagining it or not (my parter say not), but there seems to have been a very small adjustment to the human female head shapes for body type 2 and 4.

The body type 2 heads from 2-7 (the ones I use the most) look a bit longer in the face and a bit sharper in features.

The body type 4 heads from 1-6 look even more round (if that’s possible) and have less defined features.

Can some other people who are into creating heaps of characters and know these features intimately, please check and report back if you think there has been a small change. Its not massive and if you aren’t into spending hours creating characters or changing appearances, you may not notice it. Especially if you are focused on the eye changes at the moment.

Also on the eyes. I know there are other threads about the colour changes etc, so I won’t repeat that except to say that some look bad. What I’ve noticed about the eyes is they don’t exactly look straight, the pupils ever so slightly seem to make them female characters look to the right (if looking straight at them in appearance changer). The eye shape also seems to be a bit more rounded at the top.

Im still checking the other features like complexion and hair colours.

I will say it is a real shame that all this effort has been put into new hair styles etc, but we still have no black colour for any of the newer ones. If you try and use black, it comes out green.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

We’ve had all of the above new changes, but has anyone used the modification terminal to really look at all the appearance options?

I’m not sure if I’m imagining it or not (my parter say not), but there seems to have been a very small adjustment to the human female head shapes for body type 2 and 4.

The body type 2 heads from 2-7 (the ones I use the most) look a bit longer in the face and a bit sharper in features.

The body type 4 heads from 1-6 look even more round (if that’s possible) and have less defined features.

Can some other people who are into creating heaps of characters and know these features intimately, please check and report back if you think there has been a small change. Its not massive and if you aren’t into spending hours creating characters or changing appearances, you may not notice it. Especially if you are focused on the eye changes at the moment.

Also on the eyes. I know there are other threads about the colour changes etc, so I won’t repeat that except to say that some look bad. What I’ve noticed about the eyes is they don’t exactly look straight, the pupils ever so slightly seem to make them female characters look to the right (if looking straight at them in appearance changer). The eye shape also seems to be a bit more rounded at the top.

Im still checking the other features like completions and hair colours.

I will say it is a real shame that all this effort has been put into new hair styles etc, but we still have no black colour for any of the newer ones. If you try and use black, it comes out green.

Can't create a single char at the moment but will check.

BTW creating copycats of existing NPCS and standing side by side I've noticed the NPCS' faces are a bit wider than their PC equivalent... (as of last month)

Also, 100% with you : Green is the new black... :rolleyes:

Edited by BenduKundalini

Definitely a change, I can tell from a face type 2 human female straight away. I can't put my finger on it. Smoother features, less angular, more realistic ? Perhaps the skull is narrower - not as wide as it used to be. The eyes may be a tad closer to one another. Edited by BenduKundalini

Im still checking the other features like complexion and hair colours.

Oh god I need to take a look at this, female face type 2 is my favorite. :,(

Definitely a change, I can tell from a face type 2 human female straight away. I can't put my finger on it. Smoother features, less angular, more realistic ? Perhaps the skull is narrower - not as wide as it used to be. The eyes may be a tad closer to one another.

I found the jaw seems more pronounced and angular, it looks more masculine than feminine now.

I really like the green eye make up, but, not with the green lipstick.

As for the head shapes I am not sure if they were changed, but I thought one of my Quinn clones looked a little off after the patch, that may be it.

My only complaint about make-up effects is I would like separate controls for actual face coloring and lip coloring. I would also like separate controls to select eye shape and size rather then being locked to the head selection. Beyond that.. I actually like the simplicity of the appearance options as they are wide enough so we are not all clones, yet simple enough that I don't spend endless time trying to get it just right. I remember when playing Aion years ago at launch.. they went to the opposite extreme and it was kind of a pain after the novelty wore off... and it caused some in game trolls to make extremely garish characters in body form and other appearance factors.

As for any slight changes they make over time (like the OP is pointing out)... I doubt anyone will notice in game as we are for the most part playing the game rather then admiring our characters faces. Which is not to state that some players can and will. :)

Edited by Andryah

Or a Punk, maybe ?

Yeah, that’s possible I guess.

I would have like some more subtle choices. Maybe add some gradients between some of the older existing ones.

Some other complexion choices of current ones would be good too. My favourite one is number 39 because of the eye brows (there isn’t another like it), but it has a yellow tinged skin colour and that doesn’t work when you want to use pale skin.

I’ve made a few human females now and I can say for sure that something has changed.

Body type 1. The heads are now bigger/filled out more. Faces are slightly rounded.

Body type 2. Chins are bigger and more pronounced. They now look less feminine than before.

Body type 2. Shoulders and stance seems to be more masculine, similar to body type 3, just not as pronounced. You can notice it more when you run and have skin tight armor on.

Body type 4. Faces are more rounded than before, less definition and I dare say fat. They are not flattering at all.

My theory is they messed with it all to get these new hair styles to fit properly.

Over all I’m pretty disappointed. I have about 70 characters and I spend a long time creating them. Now they don’t look as good and creating new ones is off putting.

I don’t expect they’ll fix them or change them back because most people won’t care and there won’t be enough noise to get their attention.

People see what they want to see. I didn't notice any head shrinking or booty shrinkage.

Sit there and play with all your toons at the appearance terminal. As well as making new ones.

I’ve made 7 new toons since the patch and I’d made 30 in the weeks leading up to the mergers. I can say there have been changes, but unless you e got an eye for it, then you may not notice or care enough to notice.

Ive checked some screen shots of before and after the patch.