Questions About SOR Set Pieces and Dread Master Set Pieces

Xaldynn

So I always try to read up on whatever class I decide to try out to better understand rotations and maximizing my potential. The main resource I use is Dulfy.

I used to play DPS classes religiously, but recently fell in love with the play style of the healing operative class. I know it's supposedly not the best healing choice, but I really enjoy playing it. Reading the Dulfy 3.0 Guide on the healing operative mentions recommending using a 4 piece SOR set bonus and a 2 piece Dread Master set bonus.

I left this game for quite some time and I came back and reading the guides now on Dulfy and seeing things under all the gearing sections about using SOR Set Bonus 4 pieces and Dread Master Set Bonus 2 pieces, etc is just confusing to me and I'm not really sure why.

I'm assuming that when the guides talk about the SOR Set Bonus pieces, they're talking about the level 50 gear that you can buy for basic comms with the set bonus on them. Am I correct in assuming this or could I not be more wrong?

As for the Dread Master Set, I haven't the slightest clue where or how to obtain them and I either can't find anywhere explaining where to get them or I just haven't looked hard enough or may have overlooked it somewhere.

I apologize for my ignorance on this matter and I thank anyone in advance for their help and clarification on this. :)

When guides talk about SOR set pieces, they talk about set bonus tokens from current lvl 60 operations (Ravagers and Temple of Sacrifice). When they talk about pre-SOR, they mean stuff from lvl 55 operations (Scum and Villainy, Terror from Beyond, Dread Fortress, Dread Palace). Dread Master tier drops in Nightmare mode of Dread Palace and Fortress. Edited by filnov

SOR= Shadow of Revan 3.0 Expansion

In this expac the new Set bonuses include a 6 piece bonus as belt and bracers come in set bonus now. Most classes benefit by having the new 6 piece set bonus. Sorc DPS benefit the most from 4 piece old 186 Dread Master set bonus and new 2 piece. For Other classes all 6 piece is usually better.