What are the specifics of the Epic story boost? (commendations and class story?)

Fappa

Hi I've been out of the loop a little bit. Just saw the May the 4th post.

http://www.swtor.com/may-the-fourth?intcmp=sor_bwa-mkt-t-us-hp-183

It says:

Inspired by the popularity of the 12x XP Boost, Subscribers can level faster while experiencing a deeper and more engaging story-telling experience. The Epic Story XP Boost includes reduced cool down on quick travel options and increased commendations to facilitate acquisition of the gear you need when you need it.

Questions:

1) Does it apply only to class story missions like before, or is it more broad?

2) I'm SUPER out of the loop with this game...I played for a few months back at the beginning and haven't really played since. So commendations - how exactly do we get these increased commendations...I'm guessing just as rewards for the class story quests? Also, what's the best way to use these? Is it advisable to just play until you are having trouble with the game due your bad gear, and then spend them all at the Fleet at the level appropriate vendor?

Thanks!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It says:

Questions:

2) I'm SUPER out of the loop with this game...I played for a few months back at the beginning and haven't really played since. So commendations - how exactly do we get these increased commendations...I'm guessing just as rewards for the class story quests? Also, what's the best way to use these? Is it advisable to just play until you are having trouble with the game due your bad gear, and then spend them all at the Fleet at the level appropriate vendor?

Thanks!

from Eric's reddit:

[–]emusco 19 points an hour ago

This is intended! It will only be the core Class quests and the main storyline on Makeb that are part of the Epic Story XP Boost.

I guess that sums up for you?

• Dev Post

It says:

Questions:

Thanks!

Hey Fappa!

Great question, I thought it might be a good idea to spell out some of the improvements that are a part of the Epic Story XP Boost. A lot of these changes can be found in the 3.2 patch notes which can be found here. Also, since I love bulleted lists, I am going to give you one those:

• The Epic Story XP Boost applies to the Class Missions of each class in the core game. In Rise of the Hutt Cartel it applies to the main story mission for each Faction.
  • Each Class Mission now rewards far more Basic Commendations than before, which is a great way to stay geared as you level.
  • There have been a ton of improvements to make travel easier (I will list them shortly).

Here are some of the relevant patch notes surrounding the Epic Story XP Boost:

• All Class Missions that previously rewarded 1 or 2 Basic Commendations now reward 8 Basic Commendations.
  • The Planetary Modification and Equipment Vendors have gone through a large rework: The vendor's stocks have been adjusted to have a better variety of Modifications at a lower Commendation cost. In addition, the title of the NPCs has been changed to reflect the level of the items they sell.
  • All Taxi Destinations are now available to all players.
  • All Quick Travel Bind Points within a map region are now automatically discovered when the region is revealed.
  • The cooldown on the Quick Travel ability has been reduced. For Subscribers and Preferred players the cooldown is now 6 minutes, and for Free-To-Play players the cooldown is now 26 minutes.
  • The Legacy Travel I, II, and III unlocks now reduce the cooldown of the Quick Travel ability by 2 additional minutes each.
  • The cooldown on the Emergency Fleet Pass ability has been reduced. For Subscribers and Preferred players the cooldown is now 90 minutes, and for Free-To-Play players the cooldown is now 180 minutes.
  • The Legacy Fleet Pass I, II, and III unlocks now reduce the cooldown of the Emergency Fleet Pass ability by 30 additional minutes each.
  • The base cooldown on the Priority Transport: Personal Starship Legacy Perk has been reduced to 6 minutes. Each Improved Priority Transport: Personal Starship unlock will reduce that cooldown by an additional 2 minutes.

As you can see, travel, especially with Legacy Perks is now much easier :). I hope this wall of text makes the whole Epic Story XP Boost thing a bit simpler!

-eric

Hey Fappa!

Great question, I thought it might be a good idea to spell out some of the improvements that are a part of the Epic Story XP Boost. A lot of these changes can be found in the 3.2 patch notes which can be found here. Also, since I love bulleted lists, I am going to give you one those:

• The Epic Story XP Boost applies to the Class Missions of each class in the core game. In Rise of the Hutt Cartel it applies to the main story mission for each Faction.
  • Each Class Mission now rewards far more Basic Commendations than before, which is a great way to stay geared as you level.
  • There have been a ton of improvements to make travel easier (I will list them shortly).

• All Class Missions that previously rewarded 1 or 2 Basic Commendations now reward 8 Basic Commendations.
  • The Planetary Modification and Equipment Vendors have gone through a large rework: The vendor's stocks have been adjusted to have a better variety of Modifications at a lower Commendation cost. In addition, the title of the NPCs has been changed to reflect the level of the items they sell.
  • All Quick Travel Bind Points within a map region are now automatically discovered when the region is revealed.
  • The cooldown on the Quick Travel ability has been reduced. For Subscribers and Preferred players the cooldown is now 6 minutes, and for Free-To-Play players the cooldown is now 26 minutes.
  • The Legacy Travel I, II, and III unlocks now reduce the cooldown of the Quick Travel ability by 2 additional minutes each.
  • The cooldown on the Emergency Fleet Pass ability has been reduced. For Subscribers and Preferred players the cooldown is now 90 minutes, and for Free-To-Play players the cooldown is now 180 minutes.
  • The Legacy Fleet Pass I, II, and III unlocks now reduce the cooldown of the Emergency Fleet Pass ability by 30 additional minutes each.
  • The base cooldown on the Priority Transport: Personal Starship Legacy Perk has been reduced to 6 minutes. Each Improved Priority Transport: Personal Starship unlock will reduce that cooldown by an additional 2 minutes.

As you can see, travel, especially with Legacy Perks is now much easier :). I hope this wall of text makes the whole Epic Story XP Boost thing a bit simpler!

-eric

Are these travel perks, comms, etc, permanent changes or just for the duration of 12 XP?

Hey Fappa!

Great question, I thought it might be a good idea to spell out some of the improvements that are a part of the Epic Story XP Boost.

-eric

SoR is not Epic Story? It's meh story? You guys admit it? Riiiiight.

[*]The Epic Story XP Boost applies to the Class Missions of each class in the core game. In Rise of the Hutt Cartel it applies to the main story mission for each Faction.

-eric

Rishi and Yavin aren't affected by 12xp or did you mean faction stories added with (and after) RotHC?

Never mind, I see the answer in another post.

Edited by KurganNazzir

Hey Fappa!

-eric

It should count for Rishi and Yavin 4 too. So please make this happen.

And while your at it, make the damn change to the slot machines.

It should count for Rishi and Yavin 4 too. So please make this happen.

And while your at it, make the damn change to the slot machines.

If it counted for Rishi and Yavin you'd be level 60 after half a dozen missions, not the full story arc...

And no. Leave slot machine as it please. Thank you.

Hey Fappa!

-eric

I cannot lie...I'm positively ecstatic about the QOL improvements to the travel system. My only question is this...are those changes permanent, or do they only apply to 12XP boost periods? (I'm assuming the former, not the latter - hope I am correct!)

I cannot lie...I'm positively ecstatic about the QOL improvements to the travel system. My only question is this...are those changes permanent, or do they only apply to 12XP boost periods? (I'm assuming the former, not the latter - hope I am correct!)

Didn't make it through the first page?

Yes of course, doom and gloom and all that.

Of course, I can't predict exactly what would have happen. I suspect in the long term, without a way of gating subs who would get 12 XP, I think it would have pretty big detrimental effects.

Yeah I think there has been a decline in population. Now I'm not as depressed and melodramatic as some people on here. I can do what I want fairly easily. Warzones pop quickly, my the 30-50 people active in my guild at most times during the day make forming groups for ops and conquest related activities easy.

When I can't do what I want fairly easy is when I perceive this game is in trouble.

Didn't make it through the first page?

Just wasn't seeing that particular bit...I'm also multitasking like crazy right now, so that's how I missed it. My bad.

Either way...permanent travel perks are a good thing.

Edited by Bachannal

Hey Fappa!

-eric

Hey Eric! Now that you're talking about the optimisation of levelling, can I ask you a favour? There is this little thing called "discrepancy of discipline levelling". Ask for more info...