"Mission" Crew Skills needs fixing?

Sareetha

Im tired with this.

I have 5 x lvl 50 chars and crew skills missions looks usualy like this.

For example - Underworld Trading

Tier 1 - Moderate Underworld Metals mission, Moderate/Abundant Luxury Fabrics

Tier 2 - Moderate Underworld Metals mission, Moderate/Abundant Luxury Fabrics

Tier 3 - Abundant (yay!) Underworld Metals mission, Moderate/Abundant Luxury Fabrics

Tier 4 - Bountiful (double yay!) Underworld Metals mission, Moderate/Abundant Luxury Fabrics

Tier 5 - Moderate Underworld Metals mission, Moderate/Abundant Luxury Fabrics

Tier 6 - Moderate Underworld Metals mission, Moderate/Abundant Luxury Fabrics

All other missions are for GIFTS! FOOK YOU GIFTS! I dont want gifts - not in this amounts.

I need damn Underworld Metals.

And same is for Investigation, same with Treasure Hunting ...

For Gods sake - change ratio of this. Its ridiculous.

Edited by Sareetha

Buy missions then.. cost 10-15k and always give you Mand Iron Or do lookboxes on slicing and get them for free

The point is if the freaking mission log was not full of crap gifts most of the time we would not need to spend 15k like 5 times a day to just use crew skills. This is not complicated it is just stupid that most of the missions are useless.

I mean we already have a high failure rate now!

So add in useless missions that dominate the log and you see the problem.

Edited by Metalmac

Im tired with this.

Tier 3 - Abundant (yay!) Underworld Metals mission, Moderate/Abundant Luxury Fabrics

Tier 4 - Bountiful (double yay!) Underworld Metals mission, Moderate/Abundant Luxury Fabrics

All other missions are for GIFTS! FOOK YOU GIFTS! I dont want gifts - not in this amounts.

I agree.It makes no sense.At least to me.

Go to your ship hanger at fleet or on a planet. Choose all the useless missions and send your crew out. Enter your ship. Your mission list should repopulate and since you have your crew running the useless missions, you should have a better chance at getting the ones you want (although with UWT there are so many gift and luxury fabrics missions you won't get rid of all of them). After going through a load screen, you should be able to right-click on a companion running a mission to bring up the list to see what is available and abandon it's current useless mission without it getting rid of any useful missions in the list. After abandoning the useless one and getting your money back, send the comp on a useful mission. Repeat the process of going in and out of your ship as much as you need to get those rare, bountiful or abundant underworld metals missions.

Im tired with this.

My wife and I are coming on level 45 with the characters that we are currently playing. She uses cunning and I aim. Between us, I believe we have ten orange pieces of gear. Each gear piece takes a mod and armoring among other things. Each mod and armoring piece takes four UT purples to craft. To craft the mod and armoring pieces that we will need will take 80 pieces of level 5 UT mats (Neuranium I think). I have 50 pieces of Neuranium in my cargo hold. I also have two characters with level 400 UT. Over the last few days, I have been pulling up the characters with UT and have only had a few occurances where there are metal missions at any level. Even then the missions often do not return a purple and even come back with mission failed. So yes indeed, the number of metal missions are few and far between and the success rates are low. UT metals trickle in very very slowly. Anyone who is trying to craft gear for themselves, others, or sale on the GTN is totally bottlenecked by UT.

The same is true to a lesser degree with TH and Investigaton. Although there are a lot more (metal / gem) missions in those skills, the hit rates seem very very low (I may just be unlucky).

BW is obvioulsly trying to keep rare mats rare by limiting the missions that can be run and then limiting the return on those missions, but I think that they have gone to far (especially with UT) and the Companion Gift thing is a very poor way of doing it. This also points to one bigger problem with crafting. To start at the base recipies and RE them to purpe (with no long fail strings which seem to happen all the time) and then produce them, It will cost around gear level 45 about 750K to 1M credits in mat value. That is just to outfit two characters in mods and armoring. That does not consider the enhancements, barrels, guns, augments, augment kits, etc. Who can afford that every three to five levels? Why even try to craft to purples when the blues are close and so much cheaper (and can be obtained through drops, quest rewards, and commondations)?

To the person who said buy the missions, I have never seen (although I have not checked lately) those missions at 15K. If an Iron goes for 10K and I could buy a mission that gave me at least three of them for 15K (plus some wonderful companion gifts that I so dearly need), I would be buying and running them all day and dropping 15K in the bank each time through.

Go to your ship hanger at fleet or on a planet. Choose all the useless missions and send your crew out. Enter your ship. Your mission list should repopulate and since you have your crew running the useless missions, you should have a better chance at getting the ones you want (although with UWT there are so many gift and luxury fabrics missions you won't get rid of all of them). After going through a load screen, you should be able to right-click on a companion running a mission to bring up the list to see what is available and abandon it's current useless mission without it getting rid of any useful missions in the list. After abandoning the useless one and getting your money back, send the comp on a useful mission. Repeat the process of going in and out of your ship as much as you need to get those rare, bountiful or abundant underworld metals missions.

There is no doubt that this works, but who wants to spend 20 minutes watching load scenes trying to get a decent companion mission to come up? This is an issue that has been expressed since launch and received little to no attention. Do they realize that after a certain point you don't need to gain affection with companions? I have 3 50's all with maxed out companions. Trust me! I am in no need for gifts for them.

Buy missions then.. cost 10-15k and always give you Mand Iron Or do lookboxes on slicing and get them for free

Oh yes. Slicing. I have Slicing 400 on one of my chars. Now i have like 50-60 Treasure Hunting Missions, 20 Archaeology and in this time i got maybe 2 x Underwold Trading, 2 x Diplomacy and crapload of augment schematics which noone buying. Ah ye - and one Slicing mission.

And i need Underworld Metals from all tiers - buying missions is pointless because just buying UM from GTN is cheaper or on a par with price i need to pay for missions and wait terrible amount of time and pray this damn companions not fail it.

No thanks.

I love it. Today - in 3 hours window - i had this situation 4 times.

I have 6 Tiers of crafting missions for UT. That means 30 missions.

And i had 1 - ONE! - Metals mission on like tier 1 or 2 and Moderate one ...

Add here like 5 Luxury Fabrics missions and what we get?

TWENTY FOUR useless Gifts missions.

Its beyond joking. Its pathetic.

Fix it for Siths sake.

This has been an ongoing issue since launch, and has gone largely ignored. I don't buy the "limiting of raw materials" as an excuse to frustrate players to this degree as there is no need to do so below level 50. Its just lazy.The sheer numbers of mats required, the 90% failure rate on RE items makes gearing one's main or alts an almost impossible feat, Asbalana demonstrated quite clearly.

I don't' understand why, in a game where they are struggling to maintain patronage, they would ignore an issue that is very possibly driving a large group of players away. I know its burning me out on the game.

Crafting and gearing one's main, and especially alts, is a very big part of the game for people. Crafting is one of the big three, yet here its been left in the gutter.

There is no doubt that this works, but who wants to spend 20 minutes watching load scenes trying to get a decent companion mission to come up?

You shouldn't. That is the entirety of the problem. So bad is the system that players are having to come up with "work-arounds" in order to play the game.

This morning I just re-logged 7 times trying to get a level 2 rich metal mission. Logged out again in frustration thinking about how much time I'll have to spend trying to craft items for the next few levels.....going to do something else.

I'm playing 7 alts, so you can imagine the level of time and frustration this is bringing. I'm forgoing the game more and more each day and I'm now starting to look for other options. Most unfortunate as I did very much enjoy this game but the frustration level with crafting is starting to exceed the fun.

Edited by Blackardin

This has been an ongoing issue since launch, and has gone largely ignored. I don't buy the "limiting of raw materials" as an excuse to frustrate players to this degree as there is no need to do so below level 50. Its just lazy.The sheer numbers of mats required, the 90% failure rate on RE items makes gearing one's main or alts an almost impossible feat, Asbalana demonstrated quite clearly.

I don't' understand why, in a game where they are struggling to maintain patronage, they would ignore an issue that is very possibly driving a large group of players away. I know its burning me out on the game.

Crafting and gearing one's main, and especially alts, is a very big part of the game for people. Crafting is one of the big three, yet here its been left in the gutter.

RANDOM is not always fun. Random mob behavior is fun. Random fights are fun. Random crew skills NOT FUN!

Crafting is not a Random thing, the problem is we get more worthless missions then useful ones.

The other problem is the failure rate is very high.

So to sum it up BioWare:

1. Crew Skills missions have to many junk missions with no player control over this frustrating system.

2. Crew Skills mission failure rate compounds the frustration by forcing players to run useless missions.

3. Crew Skills missions are a great idea but to much of a time sink and to many failures in a row.

4. FUN is when you succeed, no one likes to fail more often then succeed. Give partial success instead more often.

Edited by Metalmac

RANDOM is not always fun. Random mob behavior is fun. Random fights are fun. Random crew skills NOT FUN!

Crafting is not a Random thing, the problem is we get more worthless missions then useful ones.

The other problem is the failure rate is very high.

So to sum it up BioWare:

1. Crew Skills missions have to many junk missions with no player control over this frustrating system.

2. Crew Skills mission failure rate compounds the frustration by forcing players to run useless missions.

3. Crew Skills missions are a great idea but to much of a time sink and to many failures in a row.

4. FUN is when you succeed, no one likes to fail more often then succeed. Give partial success instead more often.

#4 says it all. It actually gets to the point that when the rng gods smile on you, you don't actually feel good. A lot of failure leaves one numb with an underlying negative feeling.

LOL, I have read so many responses to the assertion that the system is broken that say it is not and just an rng system and no matter how many fails you have, the chance on the next roll is still 20% (or 10% or whatever), In my mind this has turned around to something to the effect - after a long string of fails, I conclude that I have the same probability to repeat the experience (if I keep trying) that I did for the first set of tries. That is not a warm and fuzzy feeling about the crafting / mission system.