Whats with Trauma Probe?

Dajman

I am newer to the class and I guess just a bit spoiled by my scoundrel. I love the way commando heals and actually enjoy it more but I don't get whats with the Trauma probe. Is it the scaling that pushes it to a point of needing the 1 target limitation? Do you guys feel it would be completely OP to allow 2 or 3 to roll on different targets? It is just an extra cushion but I assume there is something that would make it be over the top OP otherwise it would be different right?

when the game first came out, it cost 0 ammo, so it needed to be limited in that way.

since the ammo cost was added, i've always felt it should be allowed to be on multiple targets (even if there's still an overall limit)

but that said, it's probably the most effective heal in the game because it will never heal unless the target takes damage and heals an incredible amount vs the cost/cast.

granted it only ticks at most every 2s, so in terms of HPS, it's not very high; it's just really effective.

so if it could be set up on a lot of targets at once, it could be a fairly high HPS heal (assuming a lot of raid-wide damage) in addition to being very effective, so that's a possible consideration.

i'd still like to see it going out on multiple targets though. i'd like to know if the devs ever considered/tested this out.

• 2 weeks later...
I would also like this, but I don't think BW will implement this without a reduction in its heal.

Why? Its not like Commando healing is close to overtaking the overall output of Sages or Scoundrels.

Sages can bubble an entire team; Scoundrels can keep rolling HoTs on an entire team. Commando has 1 pre-emptive heal, and its limited to a) the target taking damage and b) only a single target.

Edited by cashogy_reborn

Why? Its not like Commando healing is close to overtaking the overall output of Sages or Scoundrels.

Sages can bubble an entire team; Scoundrels can keep rolling HoTs on an entire team. Commando has 1 pre-emptive heal, and its limited to a) the target taking damage and b) only a single target.

Because for some reason bioware has the mentality that commando is overpowered.

A talent that lets you add [1|2] extra max targets for Trauma Probe would be fantastic. Frontline Medic, which no one really likes, seems the perfect candidate. If we have to take the trait anyway it might as well be worth it, and I think PvP and PvE healers alike would be fine with this "enforced" trait if it added Trauma Probe targets instead of its current effect.

Don't worry about it anymore. No more ranked warzones, because they never could balance for an 8 man group so instead of balancing us, they'll get rid of 8 v 8's. Wonder how long 4 v 4's last.

Yeah Im disappointed they are just sweeping RWZ under the rug. At least Ilum has some company now..

Im anxious to test this all on PTS and see how it all comes together. 4v4 TDM could be quite fun.

Yeah Im disappointed they are just sweeping RWZ under the rug. At least Ilum has some company now..

Im anxious to test this all on PTS and see how it all comes together. 4v4 TDM could be quite fun.

I look forward to seeing you on the PTS, you gonna be on your commando?