Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Mercenary Ilum Domination

Flintfire
07.30.2013 , 06:56 AM | #1
As you all know, the Gree event has been back for the past week and usually you have the usual problems with ganking and the likes. But even solo, I haven't noticed a problem. Obviously, I get killed from time to time. But I have truly noticed in the open world PvP setting just how strong mercs have become. A group of two sentinels attacked me once, and I killed both of them solo. Power surge + Concussion Missiled one, then standard arsenal rotation on the second one. Within the 8 seconds that concussion missile knocked one out, I dispatched the first sentinel, healed myself with a medpac, and proceeded to kill the other sentinel. And not just once. I noticed this happening many times. I remember last year if a player attacked a merc in the Ilum PvP zone it was a free kill for them. Now I get ambushed by a scoundrel, and I just jet boost em away and kill them with the rotation. I am in a mix of PvP/ PvE gear for lvl 55. It is actually crazy. I just love playing on my mercenary now because I now know that I have a good chance of killing players 1 on 1 now. I'm sure other people have noticed the difference, right?
Infyrno/Infyrnex Infyrnus/Infyrnal
Leiptr Venaticus
Slaughtor Evisceran/Karrnivore
Sleipe/Medyc Desolus/Tyrantix

GM of Oblivion

DarthBloodloss
08.02.2013 , 01:46 PM | #2
I'll take my Merc to Ilum and let you know

Been having to much fun there with my Operative alt lately
Bloodloss Mercenary
DESTROYER OF WORLDS || KEEPER OF SOULS

midianlord
08.05.2013 , 08:43 PM | #3
Posting in a stealth nerf-mercs thread.

Well, I guess our time has come, finally.

[/cynicism]

As well:

1/10.
Merc and 'Slinger since launch, Merc and 'Slinger for life
(Feels good, doesn't it? Well it certainly does for me!)

Slicksteezin
08.05.2013 , 09:18 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by midianlord View Post
Posting in a stealth nerf-mercs thread.

Well, I guess our time has come, finally.

[/cynicism]

As well:

1/10.
....What? More like that post gets 1/10

Anyways, OP, i would agree merc has become a 1 man wrecking crew if played properly. Getting constant 5-6k Tracer crits + 11k Heat seeker missle crits + 8k railshots + 20k+ unload ticks are just too damn good right now.
Gallasiso - Arsenal merc
Frimen - Sorc heals
Harbinger server

Here in SWTOR, everything seems to break. Except the Cartel Market.

midianlord
08.07.2013 , 07:37 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Slicksteezin View Post
....What? More like that post gets 1/10

Anyways, OP, i would agree merc has become a 1 man wrecking crew if played properly. Getting constant 5-6k Tracer crits + 11k Heat seeker missle crits + 8k railshots + 20k+ unload ticks are just too damn good right now.
Is that in OW or WZ?

Yeah, if you're in full PvP gear vs. someone in PvE gear, then I can see it happening --rarely-- but IME the Merc has always been a good OW ganker-cannon.

If this is happening in a more "balanced" situation though, then I'd just sit back and enjoy being the O/P flavour of the month. It'll be fun whilst it lasts before we get nerfed into complete uselessness. Again.

E:

I can haz guaranteed AoE auto-crit too, pls?
Merc and 'Slinger since launch, Merc and 'Slinger for life
(Feels good, doesn't it? Well it certainly does for me!)