Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Arsenal Merc BiS relics

Slicksteezin
08.05.2013 , 09:53 PM | #1
So there has been a lot of discussion in our guild regarding which relics are BiS for an Arsenal merc, mostly deciding between:

Two Elite War hero power relics

One Elite War hero power relic + Underworld relic of serendipitous assault

I currently have both, and although i find the underworld relic more useful for certain fights, i can't seem to find anything more worthy than the two massive power boosts from EWH relics.

What are your thoughts on this?
Gallasiso - Arsenal merc
Frimen - Sorc heals
Harbinger server

Here in SWTOR, everything seems to break. Except the Cartel Market.

Ansalem
08.06.2013 , 11:54 AM | #2
I believe there is a comparison chart with relics on the mmo champ arsenal guide thread. I think the math worked out to showing SA relic is BiS and then BA and the proc dmg relics were a toss up or a preference. I think the difference between BA and proc dmg was miniscule something like 8 or 10 dps. I was using kell dragon SA relic + UW BA until the patch went in this morning to fix the proc relics. I switched out BA for UW CN dmg proc relic and will see how it compares later tonight.

DarthBloodloss
08.06.2013 , 07:17 PM | #3
The proc is better than EWH.

EWH gives something like 120 power? Thats 24 bonus damage. Or, 200 bonus damage over 8 attacks.

Without using any more math, you can see that a Proc relic will do more than 200 damage, and in less than 8 attacks.

The proc relic does close to 300 and on average it will proc every 6 attacks or so. After 6 attacks with EWH you are only at 150 bonus damage.
Bloodloss Mercenary
DESTROYER OF WORLDS || KEEPER OF SOULS

oofalong
08.13.2013 , 10:10 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthBloodloss View Post
EWH gives something like 120 power? Thats 24 bonus damage. Or, 200 bonus damage over 8 attacks.
First off, the Power-to-Bonus Damage factor is 0.23 so the EWH contributes 27.6 to bonus damage. This should also be buffed with the SW/JK class (+5%) buff to become 29.

Next, each ability has a unique Bonus Damage coefficient. These range from ~0.25 to ~3.0. Thus, that 29 bonus damage might equal only 6 more damage per attack or it could equate to 80 more damage per attack.

In any event, a the Cerulean Nova relic and the Serendipitous Assault relic are better than this.
Oofalong | Oofawrong | Incendiari | Uriyah | Litlah & More
Repoofalong | Tuamara | Liolami & More
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
You are correct Oofalong.