Tip for fighting Sins/Operatives

JabstJaif

So any sorc whose had to go 1 on 1 with an Assassin or Operative any time in a pvp match has experienced the douchiness of back stabbing. I'm talking when they pop out of stealth behind you and start the stabby stab treatment. As a sorc with light armor and a force sprint that can be rooted..we usually are forced to sit there and take it and hope someone else intervenes. Especially if you are fighting a geared opponent. I know for a fact that my operative has an opener that can usually near kill them from the opener alone.

As a sorc who doesn't have interrupt immunity or a decent knockback anymore like snipers do, we are forced to do the only thing we can to survive. But of course bubbling up and waiting for inevitable death time after time just seems a waste to create a 3 min CD on your barrier and then die.

Anyone who has played a sin/operative class knows that you hit with your hardest hitting moves when you are behind your enemy. Usually this poses a problem for any class. Except for turrets. The best technique I've found for fighting a stealth class is holding my right mouse button and spinning to face them so they can't see my back. When you do this they spend more time trying to get around you instead of hitting you. In this time you've hit them with crushing darkness and hopefully a thundering blast to shorten their health.

I usually use my sorc as a healer in PvP matches and I've encountered this problem a number of times. And the best solution is just to spin circles to face them so they can't get your back. Even geared dps stealth classes shouldn't be able to kill you due to you crippling one of their hardest hitting moves. It's like fighting a moderate marauder who can't use his ravage. Unless he's good and knows he doesn't have to...his dps goes to hell.

I'll record a video of it happening sometime to me as a healer.

Keep Shield up always keep hots rolling when they open on you your stun is like a taunt reducing their damage for 25% for 10 seconds that's when you want to get yourself topped and begin to kite. Force slow/affliction. when they get close knockback move slow dot by then you should start to get distance keep shield up and hot rolling if you get distance enough dump a quick force lighting into them refrsh slow shield dot move.

If they use Force Shroud just continue to kite and refresh dots and slow when it ends. You need to keep dots on them everytime you see them this will keep them visable so others can kill them. If you have affliction rolling and sense the burst coming bubble with your hot rolling for a nice heal then you knockback slow dot again...(see a trend?)

The only three offensive abilities you need to beat them is affiction, Force Lightning and Force Slow. Heavy dose of running dotting slowing knock back etc. When you get distance. if you last to get elecrocute back up or haven't blown it yuse Recklessness and dump a force lightning into them that's normally good for about 7k (the entire channel will likely crit) damage then get the kite going some more. Once you get a feel for the kite healing dotting slowing you will get a feel for when one of them attacks you to either run him to others to kill or just kill them yourself.

As Madness I've killed some of them without even being touched and iI've killed dps that thought as heals I was just going to give them my back and run when they are at 50% already.