5.0 is the worst PVP balance in Swtor history.

Vektarulz

Let's break it down shall we?

There has always been one class in a patch that got the best additions and one or 2 that didn't get any

since Vanilla basically one patch at a time, one class, or spec, reigned supreme as an easy mode fotm. everyone flocked to this class in droves, so why is 5.0 worse? Everyone got their patch right? Here is the key differences.

There has always been faction imbalance on nearly every server, more people play sorcs than sages, mercs over commandos, ect. the fact that they are exactly the same doesn't matter, the cool factor is all that matters.

because of this, the extremely broken mercenary, completely out populates the equally broken mando.

out of 50 solo rated matches played, there was at least one mercenary in every match except 2. 22 with 3 mercs

and 10 with 4!

meanwhile on republic side, there was only a mando in 10 of the 50 matches, and only 4 where there was 2 mandos.

The extremely easy mode defense that a merc healer with a guard now has, and even a semi decent merc dps has was insane by itself, but because of the faction imbalance it is double broken. I don't expect to win a lot as Republic, Republic does poorly in PVP on nearly every server, but if I have to deal with the broken balance of the merc mando, id atleast want it to be semi even. Matches are entirely determined right now based on who either has more mercs, or the better mercs. Even though the majority of them are not experienced in the class at all, it doesn't matter.

the solo and group rating leaderboards show how broken this patch is, merc players all getting top ratings, republic missing entirely. Every class was buffed in some way, but the merc mando buff was in no way shape or form on par espicley in rated. The solution of high rated (IMPERIALS) is, well just roll imp and play merc like we did! Yes because everyone doesn't already play imperial because they were sick of losing imbalancing the factions even more.

I am coping with the broken command system that will be fixed, but this nerf to mercs and mandos cannot come fast enough. I don't care if they are better than 4.0 THEY NEED TO BE, but this was way too far.

Edited by Vektarulz

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah i think that lol-smash era and backlashes on friendly targets was way worse than 5.0. :)

Just IMO of course.

Huh smash was pretty easy to shut down and they were squishy as hell..smash monkeys were a noobie killing only spec.

Edited by Kinsal

And in the start of 5.0 players didn't know not to hit the Yellow bubble around the Mercs is was new, now they are starting to. And the new Meta is taking over, crit, crit and more crit....

The diminishing return and bolster is not working at all. First days it was almost a stalemate as nobody had the damage to kill anything. That has changed as players found out to just stack crit, now it's way out of control with damage.

A Merc in what I PvE setup, accuracy and alacrity can do around 20k damage with a Heatseeker Missiles, move all or most of the stats to crit and that can easy be 28k. And same is for all classes get crit and more crit :)

Now its a slaughterhouse. And in my opinion way to much damage all over the board.

There has to be some cap on crit so the tactical game play has something to say again.

i just want to clearify that the leaderboards first still is the infamous fotm player (highest ranked player ever) lyala om his SORC... its not that i completely disagree and stuff... just worth mentioning because you said otherwise... doesnt mean a thing

Bubblestun/Smash Monkey was the worst ever, it lasted forever and broke the game. This meta is not broken, Mercs just need a slight DCD nerf. But if history tells us anything they will get a bat in 6-9 months. Until then, its what we got.

Bubblestun/Smash Monkey was the worst ever, it lasted forever and broke the game. This meta is not broken, Mercs just need a slight DCD nerf. But if history tells us anything they will get a bat in 6-9 months. Until then, its what we got.

While smash monkeys did a lot of damage, they were easy to kill. Not really comparable, imo.

Giving everyone guard was a huge mistake in fact I think it should be removed entirely except for tank classes. It makes pvp frustrating when everyone is taking no damage from your attacks. Taunting is fine as it has a cooldown but a constant damage reduction is stupid.

Operative offspec healing is a bit out of control and makes for even more frustrating gameplay as they already have high burst to destroy opponents without a hitch.

Just my opinion anyway.

While smash monkeys did a lot of damage, they were easy to kill. Not really comparable, imo.

They were not. Especially combined with bubblestun. There is a reason why most 8v8 ranked teams had to do "gentleman's agreements" regarding allowed number of smash maras on each team.

Balance in this game has always been wonky. I would say around 2.4 (I'm not sure if that was the patch when smash got gutted or the one before it) it was at a decent spot. Or, heck, even right before 5.0, after some nerfs to sorcs.

Now is definitely not the most 'broken' time. "Stun-locking operatives" :D, a bit after release braindead spam tracer mercs, smash & bubblestun, dotspread madness in 3.0, sorc skank heals, dps tanks recenly, etc etc the list goes on.

Mercs now are cancer indeed, but mostly because they require coordination and target swaps, which are not very straightforward to pull off with randoms.

The thing you have to consider here is also the GC and cxp system. This means you actually have to chose one toon that you will level up with cxp since the grind is significant, you dont have time to play alts.

People that have gotten up to tier 3 by now had made use of the early grind methods but not after all the nerfs the cxp gain has slowed down. Ranked is still the best place to earn cxp if you have fast pops and fast wins. So queing as a Merc is one of the best ways.

Since you can forget about alts in the CXP system people just go with their Merc. With many people leaving the game players have to stick to the more populated side (imp) where most of their friends are. Those are some of the factors that contribute to this state. Merc is best for PVP, PVE and with that for CXP gaining.

This comes from a player whose main is a Sentinel!!

Why is the Game still called Star Wars if the Jedi & Sith are now the weakest classes...My Commando's so overpowered it's not even challenging anymore.

All they needed was a bit wider stealth detection field, which actually WAS a suggestion but was of course ignored.

Why is the Game still called Star Wars if the Jedi & Sith are now the weakest classes...My Commando's so overpowered it's not even challenging anymore.

All they needed was a bit wider stealth detection field, which actually WAS a suggestion but was of course ignored.

I don't mind them getting a buff, but this wasn't a buff, it was making them one of the only useable classes.

They needed far more than just a wider stealth detection field to stop them from being Target #1 in arenas.

It would have been nice if the had gotten it, especially with some of the changes to the talents, but even if they had received that buff it would not have stopped them from being at the bottom of the arena totem pole.

Absolutely spot on Vek, I feel many people, and especially the Devs, are blind to the factional imbalance, but if you WZ 20+ times a day over 5 years it stands out like dogs ballz.

Will they fix it?, well they have yet, so don't hold your breath. We have discussed this in various guilds over the years, and regardless of people bringing it to the Devs attention, they couldn't care less.

The current class imbalance, OMG, who is the individual or the department responsible for this, its possibly the worst I have seen in 5 years, I say sack them , and replace them with people that aren't "guessing".

And please, get some passionate PvPers in the Dev team, and I don't mean someone that logs on a few times a week, and 'has a whack'.

Passionate, OCD types, that their world revolves around PvP and coding, and get them involved.

To Imps that think they are just good players over Pubs, LOL! Yeah right, it is so much easier killing Pubs than vice a versa. A so called bad Pub player then goes on their Imp and is suddenly a champion,lol.

Let's break it down shall we?

There has always been one class in a patch that got the best additions and one or 2 that didn't get any

since Vanilla basically one patch at a time, one class, or spec, reigned supreme as an easy mode fotm. everyone flocked to this class in droves, so why is 5.0 worse? Everyone got their patch right? Here is the key differences.

There has always been faction imbalance on nearly every server, more people play sorcs than sages, mercs over commandos, ect. the fact that they are exactly the same doesn't matter, the cool factor is all that matters.

because of this, the extremely broken mercenary, completely out populates the equally broken mando.

out of 50 solo rated matches played, there was at least one mercenary in every match except 2. 22 with 3 mercs

and 10 with 4!

meanwhile on republic side, there was only a mando in 10 of the 50 matches, and only 4 where there was 2 mandos.

The extremely easy mode defense that a merc healer with a guard now has, and even a semi decent merc dps has was insane by itself, but because of the faction imbalance it is double broken. I don't expect to win a lot as Republic, Republic does poorly in PVP on nearly every server, but if I have to deal with the broken balance of the merc mando, id atleast want it to be semi even. Matches are entirely determined right now based on who either has more mercs, or the better mercs. Even though the majority of them are not experienced in the class at all, it doesn't matter.

the solo and group rating leaderboards show how broken this patch is, merc players all getting top ratings, republic missing entirely. Every class was buffed in some way, but the merc mando buff was in no way shape or form on par espicley in rated. The solution of high rated (IMPERIALS) is, well just roll imp and play merc like we did! Yes because everyone doesn't already play imperial because they were sick of losing imbalancing the factions even more.

I am coping with the broken command system that will be fixed, but this nerf to mercs and mandos cannot come fast enough. I don't care if they are better than 4.0 THEY NEED TO BE, but this was way too far.

People that think this is the worst pvp balance in swtor history haven't played the game long enough tbh.

For starters nothing will ever top the insanity that was bubble stun( when it stunned and could be placed on the whole team) this actively prevented ppl from playing the game nothing is worse then this period.

After bubble stun for me it's gotta go to operative healers when they were full force op strictly during 8v8 ranked while merc healers and mercs are stupidly op in terms of defenses in 5.0. Operative healers during 8v8 ranked were literal gods/goddess they had everything ranging from mobility.defense. output and even cc.

Third is the stupid dongcleave strictly for arena 4v4 when AP powertechs had a devastating flamethrower. 3-4 carbonizes 3-4 flamethrowers would honestly melt almost anything even while being healed or guarded and you had team comps of really good players losing to this just because of the sheer power.

There are plenty more op balance issues throughout the game but thats my imo on top 3. Bubble stun era should be everyone top worst pvp balance pick tho unless you weren't around for it.

Nah i think that lol-smash era and backlashes on friendly targets was way worse than 5.0. :)

Just IMO of course.

Note how smashers were never at the top of the solo leaderboards - but people loved to complain complain complain complain about viable, non-stealth melee... There are currently still lots of people that have been calling juggs the kings of ranked and pvp in general but they've been #7 or #8 on the lbs for awhile (haven't checked this season recently).

Mercs have gone from competing with juggs in the dead last position to matching sorcs in the #1 spot on the solo boards... (not enough on its own to say there's a problem but it's definitely an indicator).