Lack of Sith & Imperial Decorations

Aatrus

Hey there!

Look, I know you guys are releasing the Wild Space Explorer's Pack soon and now that we've seen all of the decorations, there is still a huge lack of bog standard "Sithy" and Imperial decorations like the wall computers, Sith artifacts, Imperial tents, etc... you see all over the game - especially on Korriban and Dromund Kaas.

These are the decorations we are craving, not furniture like "Sith Temple Bunk Bed", and "Sith Temple Chair", etc... that will be released soon. I applaud the effort and originality but its not what we're looking for, and we already have TONS of furniture.

Half the Wild Space Explorer's Pack you absolutely nailed with the Dark Honor Guard, Sith Pureblood, Banner; Sith Empire, Imperial Security Console, Commemorative Statue of Malgus, and Imperial Ceiling Light. The rest is kinda.... meh.

Being able to make a stronghold look like it was designed by you guys that could be found anywhere in the game is what I'm sure most of the hardcore strongholders are looking for. Here are my suggestions for decorations that would plug those holes:

Forward Command Tent (Hooks: Floor Large):

https://a.disquscdn.com/uploads/mediaupload/tmp/fc4ecdeb845b18a6d8cb1394ac66e6d7a90014fb3fc34e24dac41460/original.jpg

Sith Altar (Hooks: Floor Medium Narrow; Medium):

https://a.disquscdn.com/uploads/mediaupload/tmp/695607b63f8ab9b0eee3d124b0fd981be1b861de759a59b3e8790ae1/original.jpg

Ancient Sith Armor (Hooks: Floor Small; Medium Narrow):

https://a.disquscdn.com/uploads/mediaupload/tmp/22e949522efef6d3ae0dee06167b61fed4b833f040b00eb639c65cc5/original.jpg

Sith Library Archive (Hooks: Wall Medium; Large):

https://a.disquscdn.com/uploads/mediaupload/tmp/7fb2b29c78041cd55f1a92ce5c08ac9e38a1631c75b547afaf6a679c/original.jpg

Sith Wall Sconce (Hooks: Wall Small; Medium):

https://a.disquscdn.com/uploads/mediaupload/tmp/941206043ec6cc03ec9cd8abb2dfa7e0e210988c5c642f60eedc7a9e/original.jpg

Imperial Computer Desk (Hooks: Floor Medium Narrow; Medium):

https://a.disquscdn.com/uploads/mediaupload/tmp/8b9cf49cf949a0d84f8b97673439dff7c516209091106ca8593b7099/original.jpg

Imperial Long Table (Hooks: Floor Medium; Large):

https://a.disquscdn.com/uploads/mediaupload/tmp/f8aef53dadb47ca09c7ebb6b7bcb1c7f6e4e7d18e06f676383328de6/original.jpg

Imperial Wall Computer (Hooks: Wall Medium; Large):

https://a.disquscdn.com/uploads/mediaupload/tmp/b0cc8c024eaab780f3715029651609c5d3d00f6283c1c22d92506ebc/original.jpg

Arrangement: Sith Acolytes (Hooks: Floor Medium; Large):

https://a.disquscdn.com/uploads/mediaupload/tmp/13674b53ca1aeec04ccd0c1db1acff5aa1dbc734e629ce73c8af3163/original.jpg

If you released a pack that EXCLUSIVELY had Sith and Imperial decorations (no armor), called it "Grand Imperial Stronghold Pack" (for example) and released a mirror pack with Jedi & Republic deco, PEOPLE WOULD CREAM THEIR PANTS! Those packs would be "fly off the shelves", so to speak, and I'm sure they would be relatively simple to do too seeing as all the models are already ingame.

Please do this for us, you won't regret it.

Edited by Aatrus
Formatting

Well the new Imperial decorations you speak of in the beginning of your post is actually quite beautiful and I'm very much looking forward to them. That said I absolutely agree with you in that BW should release the decos you linked as well as many other objects that have not yet been made into decorations. But they should not ever be part of a Cartel Pack. I think that only beautifully designed and highly functional decorations should be exclusive for Cartel Packs, and the one's you've listed does not fall in that category IMO. They should instead be acquired by other means. Take a look at my thread about a way to purchase decorations with Commendations: Planetary decorations bought by basic commendations.

Not making most of the objects in the game into decorations feels wasted for me. I have during leveling often come across nice objects wishing I could use them for our guild's SH and Flagship. And we could always use more ways to spend those Basic comms except buying armorings/hilts/barrels to sell for credits. Many players have absolutely no use of the credits too, and I would say that everyone hates to see the "you have too many commendations"-message.

There need to be more things to spend basic comms on and there need to be more easy acquirable (for the big crowd) decorations.

Well the new Imperial decorations you speak of in the beginning of your post is actually quite beautiful and I'm very much looking forward to them. That said I absolutely agree with you in that BW should release the decos you linked as well as many other objects that have not yet been made into decorations. But they should not ever be part of a Cartel Pack. I think that only beautifully designed and highly functional decorations should be exclusive for Cartel Packs, and the one's you've listed does not fall in that category IMO. They should instead be acquired by other means. Take a look at my thread about a way to purchase decorations with Commendations: Planetary decorations bought by basic commendations.

Not making most of the objects in the game into decorations feels wasted for me. I have during leveling often come across nice objects wishing I could use them for our guild's SH and Flagship. And we could always use more ways to spend those Basic comms except buying armorings/hilts/barrels to sell for credits. Many players have absolutely no use of the credits too, and I would say that everyone hates to see the "you have too many commendations"-message.

There need to be more things to spend basic comms on and there need to be more easy acquirable (for the big crowd) decorations.

I like your idea better but I doubt they would do that and if it were to happen it would undoubtedly be half-assed because they wouldn't be making money off of it. If we got say... 5 or 6 decorations for each planet purchasable by rep that would be perfect.

Well the new Imperial decorations you speak of in the beginning of your post is actually quite beautiful and I'm very much looking forward to them.

^I did say they NAILED them, which means i think they're great. The Sith furniture they made is just boring and we already have things very similar to it.

I know thats what I was saying above. BUT half the pack is worthless. The Sith bench, bunk bed, chair, long table.... they're not good decorations and we already have tons of viable furniture.

We need the stuff we see on Korriban, Dromund Kaas, and on the flagships.

Edited by Aatrus

Are you kidding me theres a lot more imperial decorations than republic. And no I dont count decorations like noble alderaanian or neutral huttspace items as republic nor imperial. When looking at purely imp or rep faction items, theres more imp themed items.

Most of the FP/operation items are better suited for imperial look too, with all the dread themes going around.

Are you kidding me theres a lot more imperial decorations than republic. And no I dont count decorations like noble alderaanian or neutral huttspace items as republic nor imperial. When looking at purely imp or rep faction items, theres more imp themed items.

Most of the FP/operation items are better suited for imperial look too, with all the dread themes going around.

Go away you Republic Scum!

Agree whole heartedly with your thoughts here and your suggestion of faction themed deco packs. Though perhaps take it a step further and create planetary inspired deco packs? A selection of items from those worlds along with a few new items? Something like:

Tython and Korriban - Jedi/Sith intensive obviously.

Coruscant and Dromund Kaas - Republic/Empire, the focus here a bit more generalized with a touch of military for the Trooper and Agent.

Nar Shaadaa - Underworld inspired. A treat for the bounty hunters and smugglers.

Other planetary packs would offer a more neutral array of items.

Edited by StrangeDais

Why do we not have the interrogation table seen for both sides anywhere? Cages with bars to pen things wouldn't be bad, it works for pets, slaves and people.

It would seem an obvious choice for anyone in a war setting and both sides use it. Any items that could put lightning in an area, like jacob's ladders or tesla coils but star warsy, seems an obvious sith sort of thing.

Sith have a lot of tombs so some more sarcophagus or burial decor might be nice and creepy.

Personnel that are animated are great. People who lean against walls, seem to be typing or lecturing. People we can sit or lay down on hospital beds or couches, musicians playing instruments all sides have it imperial, republic and underworld. Slaves, definitely people with shock collars on them cringing etc would be nice additions.

Cages with animals in them animals could pace or lay down etc. Since both sides use animals with their armies and we have several examples in game.

People clusters or arrangements. someone mentioned apprentices/acolytes, could be engineers with droids fixing them, could be soldiers reporting in or getting lectured standing at attention while an officer paces. Prisoners on their knees with their hands bound behind them, civilian/military

More posters: loose lips sink ships sort of thing, report anything strange, join the ******* (republic or imperial) army today also air corps also medical corps. Quesh adrenal poster ads

I was trying to put together a mandalorian themeds area and found things rather lacking, the one small mandalorian wall banner should have some floor flags, their a nice Mandalorian banner showing on Mandalore's ship. More weapon stand things more holographic displays for jetpacks, weapons other than the underworld packs' rifle display. Trophy heads of other beasts would be nice and some stuffed mounted critter displays would be nice, esp if they were drops.

It would be nice to get some NEW recipes for those prefab MK-1-3 cannisters wouldn't it? Even if you have to grind faction for them.

The developers are actually developing a game for playing the imperial faction, NOT for the republic faction.

There's far too many hints towards that.

agree whole heartedly with your thoughts here and your suggestion of faction themed deco packs. Though perhaps take it a step further and create planetary inspired deco packs? A selection of items from those worlds along with a few new items? Something like:

Tython and korriban - jedi/sith intensive obviously.

Coruscant and dromund kaas - republic/empire, the focus here a bit more generalized with a touch of military for the trooper and agent.

Nar shaadaa - underworld inspired. A treat for the bounty hunters and smugglers.

Other planetary packs would offer a more neutral array of items.

thisssss^^^^^^^

Why do we not have the interrogation table seen for both sides anywhere? Cages with bars to pen things wouldn't be bad, it works for pets, slaves and people.

It would seem an obvious choice for anyone in a war setting and both sides use it. Any items that could put lightning in an area, like jacob's ladders or tesla coils but star warsy, seems an obvious sith sort of thing.

Sith have a lot of tombs so some more sarcophagus or burial decor might be nice and creepy.

Personnel that are animated are great. People who lean against walls, seem to be typing or lecturing. People we can sit or lay down on hospital beds or couches, mu.....

......eapon stand things more holographic displays for jetpacks, weapons other than the underworld packs' rifle display. Trophy heads of other beasts would be nice and some stuffed mounted critter displays would be nice, esp if they were drops.

It would be nice to get some NEW recipes for those prefab MK-1-3 cannisters wouldn't it? Even if you have to grind faction for them.

All of these are also fantastic ideas.

Some new recipes for the MK-1-3 canisters as well as some planet-specific decorations purchasable with basic comms would be great.

There are SO MANY fantastic decorations that are already ingame that they could give us access to with the flick of a wrist.

I agree with that, but gladly some new Sith Imperial decorations arrive in the next cartel pack.

I started this thread with that in mind because half the pack is terrible. All of the "Sith" furniture they gave us is pretty much redundant because we aleady have so many chairs, benches, a bunk bed, etc... that are already found on the Sith Academy and Dromund Kaas.

The stuff we're asking for are those wall computers, the big imperial desks, all of the paraphanaelia that is found in Sith Tombs... that kinda stuff. Not "Sith Temple Bench". Two people will use that, whereas a hundred people would use something like this

https://a.disquscdn.com/uploads/mediaupload/tmp/b0cc8c024eaab780f3715029651609c5d3d00f6283c1c22d92506ebc/original.jpg

and

https://a.disquscdn.com/uploads/mediaupload/tmp/695607b63f8ab9b0eee3d124b0fd981be1b861de759a59b3e8790ae1/original.jpg

not something like this:

http://tor-decorating.com/sith-temple-bench/

Edited by Aatrus

I started this thread with that in mind because half the pack is terrible. All of the "Sith" furniture they gave us is pretty much redundant because we aleady have so many chairs, benches, a bunk bed, etc... that are already found on the Sith Academy and Dromund Kaas.

The stuff we're asking for are those wall computers, the big imperial desks, all of the paraphanaelia that is found in Sith Tombs... that kinda stuff. Not "Sith Academy Bench". Two people will use that, whereas 100 people would use something like this

and

not something like this:

http://tor-decorating.com/sith-temple-bench/

Precisely. Kneeling Sith acolytes prostrating themselves in supplication. A greater selection of reliquary from ancient tombs. Variants of the rugs seen in the academy, something akin to what we see in the jails or Zhorrid's chambers, that nice Imperial Red. As mentioned earlier, an interrogation bench to compliment the already available droid. Smaller more subtle scounces with indirect lighting to foster mood (lighting seems overly large in most cases). The Korriban data archives, the armored breastplates and helmets of ancient Sith that we see on display in the Academy, all would be excellent additions.

Again exploring the idea of planetary if not at least faction themed deco packs might be worth considering and perhaps even lessen dev time and resources and give players the means to achieve the SH themes they seek.

As a Lord of the Sith and member of the Dark Council, a bunk bed doesn't really convey the sense of power, intimidation and unease that one of such rank and title would wish to affect upon lackeys and sniveling bureaucrats responding to a summons.

;)

Edited by StrangeDais

Precisely. Kneeling Sith acolytes prostrating themselves in supplication. A greater selection of reliquary from ancient tombs. Variants of the rugs seen in the academy, something akin to what we see in the jails or Zhorrid's chambers, that nice Imperial Red. As mentioned earlier, an interrogation bench to compliment the already available droid. Smaller more subtle scounces with indirect lighting to foster mood (lighting seems overly large in most cases). The Korriban data archives, the armored breastplates and helmets of ancient Sith that we see on display in the Academy, all would be excellent additions.

Again exploring the idea of planetary if not at least faction themed deco packs might be worth considering and perhaps even lessen dev time and resources and give players the means to achieve the SH themes they seek.

As a Lord of the Sith and member of the Dark Council, a bunk bed doesn't really convey the sense of power, intimidation and unease that one of such rank and title would wish to affect upon lackeys and sniveling bureaucrats responding to a summons.

;)

THANK YOU! We're finally standing together in the right place. Its not like this stuff would be difficult to do either, all of the models are already in the game for heavens sake!!

As strongholders, we're SEVERELY limited in what we can do. Instead of putting out really old packs that have been put out 10 times already, why don't they give us some decoration packs like they did when Strongholds were first released? They gave us 3 or 4 packs of completely random items and then they just gave up...

I don't get why they make stuff like the Sith Bench when we're crying out for things that are already in the game. Its more work for them to design new stuff that's totally lame, and then when they release it we're not happy!

More work = community not happy.

Less work = community happy.

^Hmmm...

I agree, I found that kind of silly - there's all that space, it could fit a much larger banner than THAT, can't it?

Same thing goes for Tatooine. There's a lot of more hook types and combinations they could give us. A gigantic wall hook would be good