can we tune down LI, or take it off the random daily list please

in vanilla nobody really did this one as it was really hard and the rewards weren't worth the hastle. now it's languishing in the /LFG daily and it comes up way too regularly - at least for me - but nobody still knows how to do any of the fights and it's just a wipe fest and rage quits galore.

i'll beat the trolls to the punch. yes i'm sure you're epeen is mighty and your guild clears LI four thousand times a day at level 4 in all starter zone greys.. good for you. pat yourself on the back and go hug your mom.

for the rest of us.. and i know there's alot of folks who don't like LI and haven't done it as i stated before; there's a ton of rage quits and wiping on all the bosses. it's probably the more frequent when i get a que pop for an in-progress FP, and the 2nd robot boss and the boss jumping on the pipes (4th?) are the biggest offenders. the funny part is the final boss is easy so that it's probably the easiest fight of the FP is further a joke how out of whack it is difficulty wise.

the gear stll sucks btw - before this most recent pug / lfg fell apart, we got two level 50 blue pieces that weren't even balanced stat-wise (one was a melee tank piece with defense and alacrity for F's sakes). either make the gear worth the effort, or make the effort worth the gear.

Edited by Feztonio

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

again you really have to know every fight and all the mechanics and there isn't much wiggle room. knowing the fights is absolutely mandatory to complete it. the majority of players don't know the fights. so either the majority of the player base needs to L2P - would be nice but good luck enforcing that - or make it easier or take it off the daily. repair bills, wipes, frustration and rage quits aren't worth some terribad loot drops and a few basic comms

Scum and Villany SM and toborro's courtyard SM are both easier than LI - i make this statement as I can heal and keep the whole raid up fine for both of those, yet there's no way to keep 3 pugs up in LI if they don't stand in exactly the right place, move perfectly every time, and follow the strat exactly.

8 and 16 man raid operations shouldn't be easier than one lvl 50 FP; and the raid operations at least have the decency to offer progression into HM's and give lvl 69 gear drops along with elite comms. LI doesn't offer anything but time wasted

Edited by Feztonio

it is one of the few instances (perhaps the only one) where

none of the bosses have any exploits in order to defeat them

you need to know how to spec and play your class

fights are mechanic heavy where being over geared alone doesnt guarantee success.

there have been several threads about this zone and its apparent difficulty. no need to beat that horse any more. it has been nerfed already and is a level 50 zone which end game players now will not go back to.

again you really have to know every fight and all the mechanics and there isn't much wiggle room. knowing the fights is absolutely mandatory to complete it. the majority of players don't know the fights. so either the majority of the player base needs to L2P - would be nice but good luck enforcing that - or make it easier or take it off the daily. repair bills, wipes, frustration and rage quits aren't worth some terribad loot drops and a few basic comms

Scum and Villany SM and toborro's courtyard SM are both easier than LI - i make this statement as I can heal and keep the whole raid up fine for both of those, yet there's no way to keep 3 pugs up in LI if they don't stand in exactly the right place, move perfectly every time, and follow the strat exactly.

8 and 16 man raid operations shouldn't be easier than one lvl 50 FP.

Try healing through Thrasher's roar when the off tank decides he doesn't feel like taunting or a dps that brings the fire bug in the whole group. Also try healing through the howling sandstorm when no one activates the shield generator or picks up a personal shield from the vender. Try healing a whole raid group that doesn't want to hide behind a rock during launch on TItan 6. S&V SM is not easier than LI. You're probably just playing with better players on your Operation runs than a random PUG in GF. GF PUG are usually much worse than people that are trying to PUG a raid. A

Call the MMO police, people actually need to know the fights to complete them!

Seriously. LI HAS already been nerfed before it was put into the daily fp. Not every fp can be like BT where you walk around absolutely bored until it's time to get off again.

Edited by abokado

in vanilla nobody really did this one as it was really hard and the rewards weren't worth the hastle. now it's languishing in the /LFG daily and it comes up way too regularly - at least for me - but nobody still knows how to do any of the fights and it's just a wipe fest and rage quits galore.

i'll beat the trolls to the punch. yes i'm sure you're epeen is mighty and your guild clears LI four thousand times a day at level 4 in all starter zone greys.. good for you. pat yourself on the back and go hug your mom.

for the rest of us.. and i know there's alot of folks who don't like LI and haven't done it as i stated before; there's a ton of rage quits and wiping on all the bosses. it's probably the more frequent when i get a que pop for an in-progress FP, and the 2nd robot boss and the boss jumping on the pipes (4th?) are the biggest offenders. the funny part is the final boss is easy so that it's probably the easiest fight of the FP is further a joke how out of whack it is difficulty wise.

the gear stll sucks btw - before this most recent pug / lfg fell apart, we got two level 50 blue pieces that weren't even balanced stat-wise (one was a melee tank piece with defense and alacrity for F's sakes). either make the gear worth the effort, or make the effort worth the gear.

If you're lazy enough to not figure out, learn, watch a youtube video or worst yet.. ask.... about how to defeat a specific mob/pull/boss....

Solution: Uninstall

Edited by Unconquered

Call the MMO police, people actually need to know the fights to complete them!

Seriously. LI HAS already been nerfed before it was put into the daily fp. Not every fp can be like BT where you walk around absolutely bored until it's time to get off again.

This. Don't even need to say anything else.

before nerf, yeah, lost island was just awful. post nerf? its a lot more forgiving. yes, certain things you still have to do or die (like stacking precisely under the tube boss, not standing in bad stuff, etc)

however, from personal experience, certain mechanics can be healed through whereas they couldn't be before (at least not by me) there's more time to run away from the bad/with the bad (I'm looking at you droid boss), and basically with a bit of patience and people listening - it can be finished. its at this point almost on par with other 50 hardmodes.

again you really have to know every fight and all the mechanics and there isn't much wiggle room. knowing the fights is absolutely mandatory to complete it. the majority of players don't know the fights. so either the majority of the player base needs to L2P

This.

It's not hard, people just suck at the game. I've run through it plenty and there's only a handful of runs where I ever encountered trouble.

Edited by cidbahamut

stop complaining about easy flash points and instances. There is not one solitiary difficult thing in this game especially not LI which is a cake walk which has been solod (though I was only able to 2 man it I lack the awesomeness to solo it). There is nothing in this game I can think of that needs to be tuned down. Learn to not stand in stuff, burn down adds when necessary, and not to take unnecessary dmg. Learn the mechanics and stop complaining about this!

Oy vei.

I challenge you to find a group of 7 other people that can't run HM LI because it's "too hard" and bring them into SM S/V while you heal them.

Go ahead. I'll wait.

Please tell me this is a Joke.

It surprises me that after leveling to 50 there are still players (according to OP the majority) that can't interrupt a skill and move from damage dealing enviroments. and that covers the droid boss. The ugly one on the platform? after dying once you would have noticed that there are consoloes that light up blue when he jumps up teh pipes.. even by not knowing the tactics, aren't you slightly curious what happens if you click it? or where you referring to the knockback? where the tank will probably survive as he is standing on the boss and the rest was thrown off? first time i was in there i actually made a simple connection, and stood on him after dying once :p

if you are still confused, Youtube is flooded with tactics videos for all encounters in swtor, every half decent guild has a foolproof video on there. imo, consult your best friend google once in a while, the time you took to write this post on the forum you could have already gained the knowledge on how to beat the bosses.

You are obviously being carried through S&V and Toborro's Courtyard if you can't heal 3 pugs in a super easy, nerfed to nothing FP.

Edited by Thundergulch

I love the L2P crowd jumping in and playing their recorded message. The problem with LI will not change because bads are bads. You can't make a person with willpower on his JK watch a video. You can't make the Commando with the rifle know better. Anyone can Que for a flashpoint, overpowered raider or clueless bad. Your group will determine your success and repair bill. Then add the fact that the gear is barely worth the trouble. I wouldn't run LI without T least 2 guildies with me. Repair bills just aren't worth it.

LI is my favorite flashpoint. Get a group together and burn through it. It's one of the fastest flashpoints (20-30 minutes), has barely and trash, and the boss fights are fun. No nerf required. Edited by EnzoForMe

I love the L2P crowd jumping in and playing their recorded message. The problem with LI will not change because bads are bads. You can't make a person with willpower on his JK watch a video. You can't make the Commando with the rifle know better.

But I can put them all on my (very extensive) ignore list. Point is: Stop destroying the game by making it laughably easy so that clueless people can feel awesome and heroic. Stop rewarding mediocrity.

OMG. What level 55 runs 50 Hardmodes or LI for the challenge? You run it for comms. OP has a point. PUG-ing this is a pain.Especially if you end up groupiing with newly minted 50's. I take one look at the healer (as a tank) and if they're undergeared I bail. And do them a favour. Really, it's way better to re-queue. Getting stuck halfway with this waiting for replacements is too much of a pain. Only so much time - Ops waiting^^

OP has a point.

OMG. What level 55 runs 50 Hardmodes or LI for the challenge? You run it for comms. OP has a point. PUG-ing this is a pain.Especially if you end up groupiing with newly minted 50's. I take one look at the healer (as a tank) and if they're undergeared I bail. And do them a favour. Really, it's way better to re-queue. Getting stuck halfway with this waiting for replacements is too much of a pain. Only so much time - Ops waiting^^

OP has a point.

you run it for the achievements since you have to clear it multiple times including bonus boss. LI is a cakewalk even with fresh lvl 50s though a fresh lvl 50 should stick to SM first to gear like a normal intelligent person would do. The only reason for failure of LI is stupidity at this point. Don't be stupid l2play