Game Update 1.3: Allies is on Public Test Server!

AlysonBridge

Game Update 1.3: Allies is on the horizon and promises to bring a number of welcomed systems to Star Wars™: The Old Republic™. With this latest game update, players will be able to join each other to take on the most challenging content in the game through the new Group Finder tool. The Group Finder tool will allow players to search for groups based on the type of content they’re looking to play, as well as their group’s needs in combat.

Read More

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trying to find the option to download the PTS on my account, I've already filled out the character copy. but can't find where to enable the PTS.

You have to dl it first. For directions see the stickys in the PTS forum.

I find it mildly entertaining that when you finally put a feature into your game that should have been there from day 1 (as most of the game testers told you), you name an entire patch after it like it's a big deal.

dungeon finder is amazing, well done.

I was hoping for something a little less specific(not tied to missions) like someone being able to put up a group for 'holocron hunting' or 'imp/pub hunting' etc.

but i agree, it's better than nothing

Edited by FourTwent

They can not do it all in one patch or the down lode will to long ll.:)

totally get that. i was really just grping to myself. (on the internet?) still friggin love this game. good work BW. also just happy that kira saber issue is being adressed. lol:)

totally get that. i was really just grping to myself. (on the internet?) still friggin love this game. good work BW. also just happy that kira saber issue is being adressed. lol:)

Yes but if this goes wrong then that is it for the game.:)

I think this is horrible. I had to swap servers and leave behind 2 level 50s and level 25 legacy to join another server because our population was so low. Since moving to this new server I have leveled up 2 more 50s a 40 and brought my legacy back up to level 30.. You are now telling me that you won't reunite my characters for free because you don't want populations to become unbalanced? I'll be logged on and playing even if I move my characters to this server.

Solution:

Players should be allowed to transfer characters from dead servers to ANY server that they have at least 1 level 50 or legacy level 6 (like they did with the free 30 days). This will keep the over populated servers from gaining too many new players and it will also help to compensate for forcing us to transfer because Bioware added too many servers at launch. After all aren't we the ones that loved the game so much we left it all behind and started over fresh just to keep playing? Why screw over the customers that love the game the most.

If you are not going to allow us to do this then the least you can do is allow me cross-server mail, legacy and character buffs. I feel like me and many others are really getting the shaft with player transfers that we have been waiting on for months longer then it should have taken.

Bioware care to comment? Or will this be ignored like so many other legitimate posts.

I don't pve, I play online games to pvp. Thank you for making my chosen crafting class "Biochem" completely pointless and all crafting classes useless for me. You've lost a paying customer due to your lack of knowledge of how to run online games. Edited by Scepter

Started downloading the pts from scratch yesterday (06/06/12) afternoon about 1600 GMT, it still hasn't finished downloading - even leaving my comp on overnight to install the main assets. its almost been 24hrs now downloading. just hoping there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Just trying to find a way to speed up my download speeds - currently straddling 250 - 290KB/s

any hints or tips? my local broadband speed is about 7.6mb