Casual = Happy and Re-Subscribing; Hardcore = Rage Quit

Makade

Have you noticed this trend on the forums lately? Casual players gush about how much they are enjoying the game whereas MMO veterans and hardcore players seem to be extremely dissatisfied. What are your thoughts? If you accept this premise, why do you think this might be the case? Is it possible Bioware is aware of this and are fine with it (ie, it was a financial decision)?

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's a bit of a stretch to dump people into those categories, but there does seem to be a noticeable trend among supposed long-time MMOers as being the most vocal of those who dislike certain features of the game. Edited by Dezzi

Have you noticed this trend on the forums lately? Casual players gush about how much they are enjoying the game whereas MMO veterans and hardcore players seem to be extremely dissatisfied. What are your thoughts? If you accept this premise, why do you think this might be the case? Is it possible Bioware is aware of this and are fine with it (ie, it was a financial decision)?

It's not hard to see why.

The game is at it's best in Act 1. It starts to go downhill after that.

Most casual players aren't out of Act 1 yet. Some of them never will be.

Edited by Mannic

They are happy with it, dumbing down the game to get more subs. It's the same way in academia - school is so easy now, any idiot can get a degree. I would have loved to see some of these students in school before the 70s, just like I would have loved to see some of these gamers in vanilla wow ddo or eq.

Nope. You should see our guild. The hardcore and having a good time.

Any thoughts? Yes, try not as hard to beat this BS horse to death.

Because every MMO company out there knows you can not possibly develop enough content to keep people playing that play a game over 40 hours a week. It is next to impossible to develop anything that isn't just pure grinding. That is why Blizzard has changed the direction of their game and are developing Titan as a casual based game that will be even more casual than WoW or SWTOR. They know it is impossible to compete with WoW in this department and you will see fewer and fewer games come out that are focused on hardcore types. It sucks for that segment of gamer but these companies go where the money is and that is with the casual type gamer.

I see where the OP is going here.

SO if you like the game you are a casual player and you being pleased is due to your lack of experience.

If you hate the game you are hardcore and you are the only people who count.

My guess is the OP is in his mom's basement. (see two can play that game)

Im an MMO vet and Core gamer, Im not very happy with the game and changed my sub from a 6 month to a 1 month. I plan to stay though Feb, then see where things are in March. As of now I dont really see myself still playing by the summer, but if things improve Ill set my sub right back to the 6 month option.

Yeah pretty much; hardcore progression Raiding accounts for what maybe 1.5% of the entire market?

Biowares future lies with the Casual Non-raider....they knew this long before TOR launched. What we are seeing is things playing out as planned.

Edited by Jett-Rinn