Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

KOTFE Level 60 character creation is bugged

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Bug Reports
KOTFE Level 60 character creation is bugged
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Joefjr
11.04.2015 , 02:53 PM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by Ferrety View Post
Adding my name to the list.

Made a Level 60 Character on Red Eclipse. It started at Level 1 on the Fleet.

Deleted it and token was refunded.

Made it again. It started Level 1 on the fleet.

Deleted it and token was refunded.

Made it again. Level 1. Fleet.

No token refund.

Great.
A lvl 1 WITH an AC? I had a lvl 1 Guardian lol
PLEASE give us an option to make HK-55 Melee we NEED a melee droid we got plenty of range droids already!
(9 Patches and still not fixed)Veeroa Denz and Choza Raabat are Force users comps getting tech power.

GeneralTiphis
11.04.2015 , 03:01 PM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by gbmart View Post
Pro tip for those starting at Level 1 on the fleet: DO NOT SKIP CUTSCENE. Let the scrolling introduction and let the full cutscene play out and the game will drop you at the beginning of Eternal empire sequence

In other news, I too am having trouble with this bug. I lost my free character token upon my 2nd deletion and I paid for one from the Cartel Market, consumed it and have not acquired the ability to create another level 60 yet...

Another tip, do not submit your in-game ticket to Bug Report, as it will be "forwarded to Quality Assurance" and they will not respond to you.
I created my 60 turned lvl 1 got the prelude intro for the origin storyline, skipped it and deleted char, lost token so now idea if it'll work for me as I only had one chance.
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.
~Battlebug

Nemesixx
11.04.2015 , 03:25 PM | #103
I created a lvl 60 character after paying Bioware like 40 bucks on their game to be subscribed and when I created my lvl 60 character, I spawned on the fleet at lvl 1. This needs to be fixed. And when I deleted that character my free token was gone. I demand to be reemboursed ASAP because I am not spending 2000 CC on a token that was stolen from me from this stupid bug. I demand an explanation and would like to know if this has happened to any1 else?

Ayuda
11.04.2015 , 03:27 PM | #104
Youre not the only one mate. I too have the same problem and lots of other people aswell.

reapist
11.04.2015 , 03:34 PM | #105
Sigh, same here. Lvl 1, fleet, delete, token gone. I agree, this is entirely unacceptable, and quite insulting that this isn't even getting acknowledged.

ZiikWarrior
11.04.2015 , 03:41 PM | #106
Yep Same here, 3 character tokens dissapeared, great one.

EricMusco
11.04.2015 , 03:44 PM | #107 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey folks,

We wanted to get some information out about the issue you are experiencing. First off, there is a bug that can occur when you make a level 60 character, it instead creates it as a level 1 and places you on the fleet. Without going too technical, basically the game is moving faster than your account is, which is creating the issue. Here are a few important notes to be aware of:
  • Go slow When going through the character creation process take your time, watch the Sacrifice trailer that starts your level 60 character. This can give time for your account to recognize the start at 60 character and to potentially avoid the level 1 issue.
  • If you end up in the game as a level 1 when using a token, you can delete that character to have the token returned to you. After you have deleted the character, give it some time, you will see that token restored. At this point you can try to create a level 60, but once again please take your time.

With a lot of level 60s being made, there is an element of a bottleneck occurring. But do not worry, even if you experience the bug, the start at level 60 token is in no way lost. It may take some time to be restored but it will happen. Know that if you continue to make / delete characters without waiting for your account to catch up, you can exacerbate the issue.

We are working to correct this as soon as possible, but the information above can work to potentially avoid it, or work around it. Thanks everyone.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Shyaster
11.04.2015 , 03:54 PM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

We wanted to get some information out about the issue you are experiencing. First off, there is a bug that can occur when you make a level 60 character, it instead creates it as a level 1 and places you on the fleet. Without going too technical, basically the game is moving faster than your account is, which is creating the issue. Here are a few important notes to be aware of:
  • Go slow When going through the character creation process take your time, watch the Sacrifice trailer that starts your level 60 character. This can give time for your account to recognize the start at 60 character and to potentially avoid the level 1 issue.
  • If you end up in the game as a level 1 when using a token, you can delete that character to have the token returned to you. After you have deleted the character, give it some time, you will see that token restored. At this point you can try to create a level 60, but once again please take your time.

With a lot of level 60s being made, there is an element of a bottleneck occurring. But do not worry, even if you experience the bug, the start at level 60 token is in no way lost. It may take some time to be restored but it will happen. Know that if you continue to make / delete characters without waiting for your account to catch up, you can exacerbate the issue.

We are working to correct this as soon as possible, but the information above can work to potentially avoid it, or work around it. Thanks everyone.

-eric
That doesnt work if your Token is GONE!!!! GONE!!! Man dont u Guys understand that? We dont get the Token BACK!!!!

Ayuda
11.04.2015 , 04:06 PM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by Shyaster View Post
That doesnt work if your Token is GONE!!!! GONE!!! Man dont u Guys understand that? We dont get the Token BACK!!!!
It says that it reappears after some time though. So we just gotta wait I guess for it to pop back up =/.

GeneralTiphis
11.04.2015 , 04:09 PM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by Shyaster View Post
What Eric is saying is that the account takes awhile to update and while that certainly makes some sense and that if it came back after like 30mins-1hour or a re log that would be annoying, but playable. As it's now been almost 2 days for me, I don't really think more time will help.
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.
~Battlebug