Darth revan vs exar kun who would win?

cefert

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the time of conclusion of Mandalorian Wars, Revan was already the most powerful Jedi of the Order. He then transitioned into a Sith and was among the most powerful Sith Lords in galactic history. After redemption, Revan became even more powerful then he ever had been and (at this point) his command of the Force surpassed that of every other Force-user whom Meetra Surik had met including Darth Traya, Darth Sion and Darth Nihilus.

In combat situations, Revan defeated many notable warriors and acquired reputation of contending with/defeating entire armies. Revan even pwned a Dark Council member at his prime which says a lot about his growth of power after his redemption (This Dark Council member was no chump, managed to defeat Meetra Surik and her Sith companion simultaneously). Only a "godlike being" managed to defeat Revan in a fair contest during the latter's prime. Revan was then imprisoned for 300 years and his powers diminished during this time but he fought an Imperial Strike Team after his rescue and held his own for a while with impressive display of powers such as unleashing storms of lightning, ragdolling opponents with TK abilities and bombarding the field with meteors with TK abilities that were being harvested by the Foundry, though Revan was still driven to defeat since this Strike Team was immensely strong and comprised of some of the greatest warriors of the galaxy. But Revan was not struck down, he managed to teleport from the Foundry instead to save himself from death; however, Revan's fate is unknown at the moment and their is room for his story to further progress.

My personal assessment is that Revan surpassed Exar Kun, at least in aspects of Force Mastery. Revan is possibly more powerful as well. Kun heavily relied on trinkets/amulets to fuel his powers so it is difficult to evaluate him fairly.

Edited by S_W_LeGenD

By the time of conclusion of Mandalorian Wars, Revan was already the most powerful Jedi of the Order. He then transitioned into a Sith and was among the most powerful Sith Lords in galactic history. After redemption, Revan became even more powerful then he ever had been and (at this point) his command of the Force surpassed that of every other Force-user whom Meetra Surik had met including Darth Traya, Darth Sion and Darth Nihilus.

In combat situations, Revan defeated many notable warriors and acquired reputation of contending with/defeating entire armies. Revan even pwned a Dark Council member at his prime which says a lot about his growth of power after his redemption (This Dark Council member was no chump, managed to defeat Meetra Surik and her Sith companion simultaneously). Only a "godlike being" managed to defeat Revan in a fair contest during the latter's prime. Revan was then imprisoned for 300 years and his powers diminished during this time but he fought an Imperial Strike Team after his rescue and held his own for a while with impressive display of powers such as unleashing storms of lightning, ragdolling opponents with TK abilities and bombarding the field with meteors with TK abilities that were being harvested by the Foundry, though Revan was still driven to defeat since this Strike Team was immensely strong and comprised of some of the greatest warriors of the galaxy. But Revan was not struck down, he managed to teleport from the Foundry instead to save himself from death; however, Revan's fate is unknown at the moment and their is room for his story to further progress.

My personal assessment is that Revan surpassed Exar Kun, at least in aspects of Force Mastery. Revan is possibly more powerful as well. Kun heavily relied on trinkets/amulets to fuel his powers so it is difficult to evaluate him fairly.

As Aurbree stated, KOTOR says that Darth Revan has nothing on Kun. Other Star Wars merchandise also bluntly say that Kun is more powerful than Revan.

Kun only used (not relied) on amulets in the beginning and by his prime at 3996 BBY, he and Vitiate are the greatest Force Users the galaxy has ever seen for the next 3700+ years. Kun has lightsaber feats that Revan cannot compare to and has an innate affinity to Sith Sorcery that is very comparable to Vitiate. Kun has also shown the capability to absorb and redirect Force based attacks. Star Wars itself on multiple fronts has bluntly said Kun is better and he also has the feats to back it up.

Remember, in the beginning of the Sith Warrior storyline the jailor says that everyone is talking about the Sith Warrior as if he/she is the 2nd coming of Exar Kun. 2nd coming of Exar Kun! Not Revan and not Malgus both of which the members of the Sith Academy/Empire would also be well aware of. There is a reason for that. Exar Kun is a man among boys and because he doesn't appear as a main character in a video game and the character was also created 20 years ago fans seem to forget his awesomeness.

Well, I saw this coming.

Exar Kun. KOTOR itself mentions several times that Darth Revan was a pale imitation of Exar Kun's might. I'll go into it more later.

As Aurbree stated, KOTOR says that Darth Revan has nothing on Kun. Other Star Wars merchandise also bluntly say that Kun is more powerful than Revan.

Provide evidence

Kun only used (not relied) on amulets in the beginning and by his prime at 3996 BBY, he and Vitiate are the greatest Force Users the galaxy has ever seen for the next 3700+ years. Kun has lightsaber feats that Revan cannot compare to and has an innate affinity to Sith Sorcery that is very comparable to Vitiate.

Kun doesn't compares to Emperor Vitiate.

Kun has also shown the capability to absorb and redirect Force based attacks.

Evidence?

Star Wars itself on multiple fronts has bluntly said Kun is better and he also has the feats to back it up.

Evidence?

Remember, in the beginning of the Sith Warrior storyline the jailor says that everyone is talking about the Sith Warrior as if he/she is the 2nd coming of Exar Kun.

Yes

2nd coming of Exar Kun! Not Revan and not Malgus both of which the members of the Sith Academy/Empire would also be well aware of. There is a reason for that.

This doesn't takes away from Revan and Malgus; both have extraordinary combat records and are counted among the greatest warriors of the mythos much like Kun. In-fact, Malgus have such resume that it impressed Darth Sidious. In addition, Revan have such resume that it intimidated Malgus.

Exar Kun is a man among boys and because he doesn't appear as a main character in a video game and the character was also created 20 years ago fans seem to forget his awesomeness.

What is this supposed to mean?

I recognize Kun as among the greatest warriors of the mythos.

Well, I saw this coming.

And?

Edited by S_W_LeGenD

Provide evidence

Play KOTOR and talk to a few of the older Jedi Masters and other characters. They'll tell you. I'm not about to do it because I'm playing through KOTOR 2 at the moment.

And?

And I knew you were going to say Revan would win. That's it.

Play KOTOR and talk to a few of the older Jedi Masters and other characters. They'll tell you. I'm not about to do it because I'm playing through KOTOR 2 at the moment.

Mate, it is not my responsibility to validate statements not made by me. :)

And I knew you were going to say Revan would win. That's it.

I believe that Revan is better but this close is contest. Kun can also win depending upon circumstances/factors.

Edited by S_W_LeGenD

First question, and I mean this with honest intentions and a calm head (of which I am never without :)); Have you read Tales of the Jedi and particular Volume 2? Most of the evidence/answers I'm going to provide are in there.

Provide evidence

1. (Aurbree already countered this, not going to restate)

Kun doesn't compares to Emperor Vitiate.

2. I said in terms of innate ability with Sith Sorcery Exar Kun compares with Vitiate. I was not comparing their feats. It is critical to keep in mind that Exar Kun only actively trained in the Dark Side of the Force for 2-3ish years and not 100 years that Vitiate did before the Nathema ritual or the 1000+ years before meeting Revan & Malak and other events of the Great Galactic War period.

Also, during the short time that Exar Kun was the Lord of the Sith, he was VERY active in his war against the Republic. Kun called all the shots and carried out his own missions. Per the information we have at the moment, Vitiate before the Nathema ritual was a reclusive scholar devoting all his time to studying and while he was Emperor, he was the master of delegation only mildly intervening on rare occasion still spending most of his time studying.

Lord Scourge obtained the rank of Dark Lord in Vitiate's Empire then was handpicked to intervene in Nyriss' affairs. Yet even Scourge had never met Vitiate until later. In my opinion, obtaining such a rank and being asked to carry out missions by someone you've never met illustrates the massive delegation that took place. My point being that Vitiate had far more favorable conditions to further his knowledge in Sith Sorcery than Kun did. Despite these less favorable conditions, Kun was able to:

-enslave the Massassi race and create cratures through Alchemy for his army

-insta-killed Odan Urr, a knowledge Jedi Counselor Force based attacks type master, using some Sith spell that is still not understood

-freeze the entire Galactic Senate with another during Ulic's trial and the succeeding dual with Baas.

-sacrifice the entire Massassi race to release his spirit from his body thus to preserve it forever. Kun only began to learn this spell when the Republic began to attack Yavin 4. So he learned this extremely complex ritual quickly and not understanding it completely (as it is stated in the comic) but yet executed it to perfection. If it were not for Nomi Sunrider (extremely underrated) and 10,000, Kun would've been able to do whatever he wanted throughout the galaxy.

I think it is very clear that Kun's innate/natural ability with Sith Sorcery is very comparable to Vitiate.

Evidence?

3. Kun absorbed and redirected & amplified an attack from Aleema Keto.

Evidence?

4. There are Star Wars trading cards out there. I have bought a handful of Sith ones and put them in front of the book they appear on my bookshelf, it looks pretty cool :D. I have the Darth Revan and Exar Kun cards and on the back it will rate the person's Force Power, Strengh, and a few other categories. Exar Kun rates higher than Dart Revan does (remember the OP is Darth Revan vs Kun, not Reborn Revan vs Kun)

This doesn't takes away from Revan and Malgus; both have extraordinary combat records and are counted among the greatest warriors of the mythos much like Kun. In-fact, Malgus have such resume that it impressed Darth Sidious. In addition, Revan have such resume that it intimidated Malgus.

5. I believe Exar Kun was used as a reference in this jail scene to illustrate the acknowledgement that Kun is more powerful than Malgus and Revan. After all, Revan and Malgus are both BioWare products, Kun is not a BioWare product, the SWTOR game itself is a BioWare product; yet they chose to reference Kun instead of referencing their own product. BioWare couldn't escape the fact that Kun is the man :D. I am not taking anything away from Malgus and Revan as they are both very powerful to say the least. PS in the Book of Sith, which you are referencing with Darth Sidious, that is more a collection of people with very different views of the Dark Side than a stack of Sidious personnel "Best Sith List".

What is this supposed to mean? I recognize Kun as among the greatest warriors of the mythos.

6. I didn't mean you, but just fans in general can forget/not know of Kun as Kun was created long ways back relatively speaking.

What did Darth Revan even DO? Because I'm not recalling much from him battle prowess wise, except him fighting against Mandalore the Ultimate which...isn't really impressive when comparing to Kun, I guess you could also count his first fight with Bastila before being mind wiped but...eh...still Kun is better. Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Revan was pretty average Saber wise, Kun would overwhelm him pretty easily.

Nowhere has it been said was he average in saber combat. Everything said of Revans lightsaber prowess was that he was the best of his time. Which means he's better than Traya, the exile, master kavar, Malak, bastila, ect.

Nowhere has it been said was he average in saber combat. Everything said of Revans lightsaber prowess was that he was the best of his time. Which means he's better than Traya, the exile, master kavar, Malak, bastila, ect.

I think she's comparing Revan against the greatest across all eras when she says average. Revan benefited from his Force Powers which amplified what skill he had with the saber. There is little detail regarding Revan's exact skill and especially the skill of his opponents. When comparing across different eras this information is critical as who we are often comparing are always the best, or near best, of their time.

What is often forgotten is that a lot TOR characters do not have a canon concrete definitive source stating what forms they mastered or other specifics of their battles. Revan, Malgus, and many others fall under this category of characters. Ulic and Exar Kun are the two exceptions but this is in part because they were created 20 years ago. As time passes it's very possible these TOR's specifics will be cleared up. But for now, details such as "master duelist", "powerful and aggressive style" are too vague for this context.

Kun easily...

P.S. Im getting sick of hearing Revans name around here. :mad:

Get used to it.

Also Revan was capable of fighting without emotion to trigger his force attacks, mentally Revan was superior to Kun in the rest of his abilities Kun does have some darkside powers, but easily counter by Revan superior Defense

Edited by ZahirS

Exar Kun can use Dark Rage to increase his power 100,000 fold whenever he wants. Revan has nothing on that kind of power.

He does,

Revan Mental prowess is such he can't be possesed by the Emperor and he can tap into lightside and darkside at the same time, I want to see Kun do that.

He does,

Revan Mental prowess is such he can't be possesed by the Emperor and he can tap into lightside and darkside at the same time, I want to see Kun do that.

Revan needed Meetra Surik's help to resist the Emperor. Even then he went nuts.

But if you want to play it that way. The entire Jedi Order needed to use the most powerful Light Side ability to contain Exar Kun on Yavin. If you want to bring post-ROTJ in the mix, it took a second Wall of Light spearheaded by Luke Skywalker (practically fresh off of besting the Reborn Emperor) to banish him forever.

On the other hand, Revan was bested by a strike team of four Jedi during the Jedi Civil War.

Collective Jedi Order > 4 Jedi.

I suppose you have a source on that?...Because 100,000 fold seems like hyperbole.

Exar Kun suddenly feels his rage multiply a thousand times...then a hundred thousand times

Tales of the Jedi. Rayla has more in her posts in our Real Most Powerful series (the revisit thread)