With 100% completion of Bounty contract event, why should I unlock Kingpin contracts?

znihilist

How can you have 100% completion on achievements when there are achievements attached to doing the kingpin contracts? Regardless, yes, you do have to spend Completed Bounty Contracts in order to unlock the kingpin contracts, but if there is something that you need CBC's to purchase having access to the kingpin contracts will allow you to accumulate CBC's faster once you have them all unlocked as that is six more contacts you can earn each week.

By 100%, I mean legend reputation and all the achievements.

I am trying to think this one through, and as far as I can see unlocking those contracts seems like a waste of event currency, am I missing something?

I like to unlock a couple of the easier kingpins on each toon just to be able to have complete the [WEEKLY] mission in Activity Finder. I would say that was a more important consideration prior to the conquest objective changes in 6.1.1. Now, you get the conquest objective for completing any contract (not the activity finder [WEEKLY] like before) and the [WEEKLY] from activity finder doesn't offer much renown (relative to the Command XP it gave before.) But, like you, I already did the achievements a while ago so the majority of my newer toons don't have all six kingpins unlocked.

if there is something that you need CBC's to purchase having access to the kingpin contracts will allow you to accumulate CBC's faster once you have them all unlocked as that is six more contacts you can earn each week.

Yeah, so what ceryxp is describing is more of an up-front investment to farm CBCs later. I have a lot of toons that already have all six kingpins unlocked, plus some with anywhere from 2-4 unlocked so I could get a few dozen CBCs per day if I wanted.

Edited by phalczen

I am trying to think this one through, and as far as I can see unlocking those contracts seems like a waste of event currency, am I missing something?

The "Bounty Hunter Event" under "Activities" specifies a Kingpin bounty for the reward. So, it is useful to have at least one.

Note - with reference to some other thread - once you unlock a Kingpin bounty, it stays unlocked. You don't need to spend currency each time.

How can you have 100% completion on achievements when there are achievements attached to doing the kingpin contracts?.

Because I've done the event long time ago, and I have 100% achievements.

Regardless, yes, you do have to spend Completed Bounty Contracts in order to unlock the kingpin contracts, but if there is something that you need CBC's to purchase having access to the kingpin contracts will allow you to accumulate CBC's faster once you have them all unlocked as that is six more contacts you can earn each week.

They seem to be character specific unlocks, and unless they changed it doesn't the unlocks reset after the event is gone?

They seem to be character specific unlocks, and unless they changed it doesn't the unlocks reset after the event is gone?

No, kingpin unlocks are permanent for the character you have unlocked them with. Just need to pick up the kingpin quest from the bounty board and you can do it once a week.

And to answer your initial question: No, there is indeed no point in unlocking them on other characters if you have already earned all the achievements and max reputation and just want to earn the finished contracts. Doing henchmen contracts and the already unlocked kingpin bounties is just fine.

Edited by Phazonfreak

No, kingpin unlocks are permanent for the character you have unlocked them with. Just need to pick up the kingpin quest from the bounty board and you can do it once a week.

And to answer your initial question: No, there is indeed no point in unlocking them on other characters if you have already earned all the achievements and max reputation and just want to earn the finished contracts. Doing henchmen contracts and the already unlocked kingpin bounties is just fine.

Well if the unlocks are permanent, that changes things a bit. At least now I have a reason to do it, still not sure if worth it though.

Thank you very much (everyone) for your answer.

You can do 1 henchman and 1 kingping per char and day, so each unlocked kingping means you can earn an extra contract per week. It's an investment that will pay off after 5 event weeks. (If you actually want to farm the contracts)

Having at least one kingping unlocked is required for the event weekly and the first will pay off at the end of the 3rd event when you are able to play between weekly reset and event reset.

Also, fighting the kingpings is a nice break from running hammer station.

Edited by Mubrak

Well if the unlocks are permanent, that changes things a bit. At least now I have a reason to do it, still not sure if worth it though.

Thank you very much (everyone) for your answer.

if you have all the achievments, unlocking more kingpins on alt chars is only really worth doing if you plan on investing a lot of time to building up a lot of event currencies to buy stuff. ie, the more king pins you've unlocked, the more tokens you can get each day, week, etc. but again it's 5 to unlock on each kingpin, so it's a matter of how many you need/want, etc.

Edited by DarkTergon

It's really only worth it if you want to farm many contracts or if you want to get the bigger rewards from the Kingpins.

Since the Kingpin contracts cost (I think) 5 contracts to unlock, you'd need to do them more than 5 times to make a profit. If you already have max reputation, the added rep from the Kingpins doesn't mean much.

Edited by JediQuaker

In-game achievements have zero meaning to me as I never look at them and have no idea what i have or have not got. Kingpin contracts were at one time far more challenging so there was a point for them. With level sync not so much now. I guess it all comes down to what you want to do in-game. You may see little point or no reason to do kingpins, other players will. So it's there for the players that do.

I will agree on one thing, It would be nice if all the rep vendors had new items. It would give veteran players more reason to take part in the events. I still do the daily BH mainly just for the Conquest points but Conquests go from worth doing to cannot be bothered depending on how it works, good at the present time but who knows how long for. I freely admit I have only ever done two kingpins, reason as mentioned level sync.

Now we can no longer sell the BH contacts they will just be a currency I not using. I have what I wanted from the vendor years ago.

Edited by Nevaeh-Heaven

• 1 month later...

I'm in the same boat. I maxed out everything on the NA servers... but then started playing on the EU servers. So I have all the achievements and rep, but none of the Kingpin bounties unlocked on any of my new characters. And the CPCs are now a currency so I can't just buy them to get the stuff I want off the vendors.

To unlock all of the Kingpin bounties it'll take all your rewards from your account's first 25 bounty missions. But after 50-some missions, you will have caught up to your Henchmen-only total, and after that, you'll be gaining 13 CPCs per week on a character with full unlocks.

So... I think I'm going to bite the bullet and do it, but only on my Bodyguard, if I'm going to spend that much time grinding... I'm going to make it thematically appropriate.

Once you got 100% achievements done there is no reason to play the content :) thats why Bioware keeps on adding new and new achievements.

Funny enough, I never look at my cheevos, they mean nothing to me. I always marveled how so much of this game seems to give people enjoyment from features I don't even spend a millisecond on.

So your statement might apply to some, but it definitely doesn't apply to all.

Actually, if they just did class balance, and perfected gameplay, fixed connection issues etc., that's all I'd need to stay active and busy.

I'd be PVPing non-stop like I used to do if these were things they fixed instead of worrying about what cheevo someone needs next.