Thana Vesh as a companion

lowflyingmeat

Ooh, I like this idea. Universal companions, why not! You could also limit the number of companions you can have active for crew skill missions, that way extra companions won't be OP = problem solved!

and btw, there already is a limit on companions available for crew skill missions. (as I recall, 5 is max at lvl 50, might be 6, idr, nor does it matter since the point has been made)

/sign

I'll gladly trade Broonmark for Thana as she proves combat effective while the Talz comes in way too little and far too late. Pierce is also on my ship more often than not but, he at least has some personality... if I had to give up one of the gals to get Thana then DS Jaesa, psychotic as she is there's still something creepy about her being so dependent on your character.

Well I don't hate Broonmark because I feel he is an appropriate psycho killer companion for my extremely DS Warrior but:

My BH and Mako are packing it in as they prepare to depart Taris. BH rolls his eyes aas mako prattles on and on and won't shut up. Suddenly there is a vicious buzz of an unsheathed light saber. My BH turns and sees Mako, eyes wide in shock as she drops dead with Thana vesh standing behind her, codly staring down my BH. BH coldly stares back at ehr then nods.

"Welcome aboard."

Later the two oif them became romanceable companions.

I grant that it would be kinda cool, but it would ruin any semblance of continuity to keep it fair.

What I mean by that is if this came to be, ALL characters should have access to her, newly made or not...which means that for anyone who has already killed her, there would have to be a ressurrection involved...and that's not really a Star Wars thing...the idea of Cloning has already been used and can be overdone, so that really wouldn't be considered a viable option... alternate timelines make things just feel ridiculous... and trying to say that you didn't actually kill her, when you know that you visualized cutting her head off or shooting her in her pretty little face or whatever, is about the weakest option to be considered...

End point: It cannot logically and fairly happen, so just play the game as it is written and be content. Do not try to play God unless you have the creative writing, programming and graphical design skills necessary to make your OWN game...in which case, I wish you luck!

Actually, that would be a far more interesting display of choices and consequences. Those who offed her now miss an extra companion they otherwise could have had.

I grant that it would be kinda cool, but it would ruin any semblance of continuity to keep it fair.

What I mean by that is if this came to be, ALL characters should have access to her, newly made or not...which means that for anyone who has already killed her, there would have to be a ressurrection involved...and that's not really a Star Wars thing...the idea of Cloning has already been used and can be overdone, so that really wouldn't be considered a viable option... alternate timelines make things just feel ridiculous... and trying to say that you didn't actually kill her, when you know that you visualized cutting her head off or shooting her in her pretty little face or whatever, is about the weakest option to be considered...

End point: It cannot logically and fairly happen, so just play the game as it is written and be content. Do not try to play God unless you have the creative writing, programming and graphical design skills necessary to make your OWN game...in which case, I wish you luck!

Lord Draagh came back for Warrior after quite a fall and being set on fire, or for more EU style here think Lumiya... She could have some coy comment about it, Yuaan (Consular) comes to mind, "What's a few broken bones between friends?" If Bioware wanted to be epic about it they could write in a whole cut scene of her killing off one of your compainions if they wouldn't give a slot to her. Unlike HK-51 whom I've tried starting the quest trip with at 50 I know Thana would not be a waste of time.

YES PLEASE.

I really liked Thana, mocking her was joyful and would love to do it on a daily basis.

Not only that, Vesh is, as many has said, an interesting character i'd like to know more of.

Maybe with a shock collar on and the ability to use it everywhere.

I even know who i'd replace on my toons.

I let her live, she was too cute to kill and she even sent me some money later. That letter was hilarious, something like "look like well they pay me for my skills, maybe if u ever get better, you could come close to that."

• 2 weeks later...
Interesting mechanics note on Thana if the Devs actually listen, she's a Sith Marauder -Medium or light armour, how you can tell this is she uses Ataru form which is in the Carnage tree of the Marauder, can't remember the same tree for Sentinel. While running the Spaceport with someone doing it for the first time I put it bluntly in the group chat "Let Thana go first, she's crazy." which isn't as suicidal as most tank companions running away from you into a fight they can't win. If Dev's want to give her to us as a compie the fun way to do it is we would run into her on Illum or Makeb seemingly by accident. "What did I tell you about following me.." ends much differently -possibly flirt options that land her more interestingly on your ship than if not taken and she would still be on board regardless. Some non-flirts would be her climbing in to make sure you stop following her or because her own ship is trashed. ;)

I thought Thana was a lot of fun and really enjoyed her little arc of missions. Would love to see her fleshed out and brought back as a new companion. She'd have to gain a little more depth, but I'm sure she could be better than some of the existing companions already. (IMO, YMMV and all that.)

Personally I see her as just some annoying girl with attitude problems

I like to flirt with her though =)

If she could become more secure and not so annoying I would like her in my party. And if you could marry her as well.

plus if you could get her to go more to the light side that would be super nice.

Edited by LordSilversouls

• 1 month later...

/Signed

Thana Vesh made Taris fun. I found myself completing the quests just to flirt with her and piss her off. Her anger fits and tantrums made my day! I knew she wouldn't become a companion, I was expecting the choices at the end and let her live. Though she f#cks you over and tries to take credit for your work, she never outright attacks you and, in fact, will listen and do as you say, as others before me have pointed out.

I would, however, like it if she was a companion. Her story is already fleshed out (better than some, I'd say) and it actually makes sense. As some have pointed out, her pride and insecurity go hand in hand and it could be the player's choice to either use that to feed her dark side or push her to overcome that to go light side. The potential is there and she was a great character. It would also be great to pit her against Jaesa and watch the two struggle to stay as your number one sidekick.

It's a shame to throw this character away. This one has too much potential.

Well wouldn't make sense, do to the fact my Jugg killed her. To try to shape her into something useful, would take too much time and effort, and for a sith with a temper, it was better to just kill her and be done with her. But that just one siths way......

Well wouldn't make sense, do to the fact my Jugg killed her. To try to shape her into something useful, would take too much time and effort, and for a sith with a temper, it was better to just kill her and be done with her. But that just one siths way......

That's why it wouldn't be an option for you to have her as a companion :)

Or they could go the route of "Yeah, you thought you killed me."

That's why it wouldn't be an option for you to have her as a companion :)

Or they could go the route of "Yeah, you thought you killed me."

I only killed her with Really evil SW and I also felt the way they did her death scene wasn't final enough. And given the choice...my SW would sooner force choke Dark Jaesa to death then Thana Vesh. At least Vesh has a spine.

I only killed her with Really evil SW and I also felt the way they did her death scene wasn't final enough. And given the choice...my SW would sooner force choke Dark Jaesa to death then Thana Vesh. At least Vesh has a spine.

Killed her on my BH, but to be fair, Thana is psychotic, and my BH saw it more as a "To evil to let live" moment of choice.

Spared her on my SW.

I don't recall what my SI did! With her it could've gone either way though.

Agent hasn't gotten there to decide (though, will likely be much like the BH)

I keep alive and flirt with any female NPC. Thana Vesh as a companion needs to happen, Her story was pretty decent as well. I don't care if she tried to kill me 5 times or whatever. Make her my companion. I'm currently running With an SI and frankly, Xalek based on what i've read is so one dimentional. Make Thana my companion by killing Xalek and becoming my apprentice.