EC SM 16-man Advice?

Hello there!

Finding online guides for this has been difficult. I figured I'd try here to get some general info. My guild has been clearing 8-man EC SM and TFB SM with no issues. We had a bunch interested (our progression team and then some new recruits/fresh-50s) so I figured we'd run a 16-man EC SM and gear them up and still feel like we are progressing as we've only run one 16-man before and that was EV almost a year ago.

SO, my question is: are the strats pretty much the same for 16-man as they are for 8-man? Anything I need to know in advance?

Thanks!

If I remember correctly, most of the trash can't be CC'd when you switch to 16 man, so your tanks need to control it all and DPS needs to focus.

I don't recall any mechanic changes on the bosses though, just more hps and I think a little more damage. Red circle phase can be trying for your healers if people aren't coordinated with getting out of them (done every op encounter in the game, and it still amazes me that people can't stick together and side step red circles).

A bit more coordination for the Tanks too, though in story mode the Trandoshans always spawn at the same spots so it isn't that bad.

Noted. :) Thanks all! We just wanted to try something different with as many guildmates as possible so a 16-man was a logical conclusion, but we were unsure as to how different it would be.

Oh! One more question: in 16-man Eternity Vault, how does the council work?

Noted. :) Thanks all! We just wanted to try something different with as many guildmates as possible so a 16-man was a logical conclusion, but we were unsure as to how different it would be.

Oh! One more question: in 16-man Eternity Vault, how does the council work?

There are 8 extra targets up on the walls. Everyone will have a dummy to bash on. :)

But you would have 4 healers instead of two right? Wouldn't that make healing easier?

yes and no. Where damage is smaller but consistent or if it's a single big hit it's easier IMO to keep the tanks up and everyone else topped off. But when dealing with repetitive spike damage (like Forman Crusher, either version of Kephess, or TFB come to mind) that is when healing in 16m can get tested more than 8m.

Thank you all! We had a successful run, full clear! And boy... the trash was harder than the frickin bosses! Without crowd control and communication, we wouldn't have been able to just mindlessly hack-n-slash like we normally would have. It was a ton of fun and an actual challenge! :)

I appreciate all of your help, thank you again!

Edited by JediCahlwyn