10k heatseakers

Winteroreo

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do usually keep this in mind but I often stray from the rotation ill try these out thanks

For heat seaker there is not much of a rotation... 1 tm then heat seaker that's it... Since 2.0 you get the full HS damage bonus with one tm. 3 tm are required for rail shot max bonus assuming you are spec'ed properly.

For heat seaker there is not much of a rotation... 1 tm then heat seaker that's it... Since 2.0 you get the full HS damage bonus with one tm. 3 tm are required for rail shot max bonus assuming you are spec'ed properly.

2 tm for rail.

Edited by Aetideus

yeah this is what I meant I don't always use tm first. I know its a bad habit tho

its definitely Heatseeker. and after checking a again I can tell it hits for 4k.

With full 72's heatseeker can crit for 10k with power relic proc'd. With the 30% expertise damage boost (60% boost - 30% target mitigation) I can easily see Heatseeker hitting just as hard in PvP. In fact al lot of server records threads have commando/mercs listed in biggest hit category.

With full 72's heatseeker can crit for 10k with power relic proc'd. With the 30% expertise damage boost (60% boost - 30% target mitigation) I can easily see Heatseeker hitting just as hard in PvP. In fact al lot of server records threads have commando/mercs listed in biggest hit category.

In pvp with the expertise buff demo/heatseeker does 11~12k range, 10k is pretty common in pvp situations.

I know its supposed to hit harder Im just saying that's how hard It hits for me. The number was an estimate based on the numbers I,ve seen. I know ive never hit 5k or above I'd just like to know what everyone else is doing with their stats to make it hit that hard.

Another question I have is what type of augments I should get. Aim, Surge, or Power. ive been hearing that crit sucks lately.:rak_02:

Yes crit is useless to stack now. You'll get enough from aim and talents. For pvp (it will differ for pve) you want to:

1) have just enough accuracy to have 95% ranged (some people will argue more or less)

2) then stack power and surge on every mod and enhancement and use all aim augments.

3) If you are 50+ and if you still have one of the pure power relics from the elite war hero sets equip that with the power surge relic. If you don't have the elite war hero relics then just use another one that applies the dot...

4) For weapons you can either use the conqueror weapons (power and surge modded with aim augments) or you can use a shell with pvp level 66 mods barrel and enhancement and a 41+ power crystal. The pve weapon will give you a little more dps and the pvp weapon more survivability. It's a trade off. Bolster will take care of the lack of expertise on these pve weapons. If you go higher than level 66 mods I think bolster drops you below the dps of the top pvp weapons.

5) Make sure you augment everything including implant, ear pieces and relics.

Edited by Choffware

I know its supposed to hit harder Im just saying that's how hard It hits for me. The number was an estimate based on the numbers I,ve seen. I know ive never hit 5k or above I'd just like to know what everyone else is doing with their stats to make it hit that hard.

Another question I have is what type of augments I should get. Aim, Surge, or Power. ive been hearing that crit sucks lately.:rak_02:

Aim augments in all slots and yes crit sucks.

Stat wise get a full set of pvp gear first off, power mods, power/surge enhancements, power/acc implants, power surge ear, serendipitous assault relic + whatever else you want to use in the 2nd slot. With that set up i don't usually have any competition for top dps/dmg outside of the occasional dot slinger.

In pvp with the expertise buff demo/heatseeker does 11~12k range, 10k is pretty common in pvp situations.

I would not say 11k to 12k are common tho, 10k is more standard. The 12k are only really with power relic procced on a unguarded unbubbled sage.

11k is attainable occasionally to in PvE with top gear I'm willing to bet that 12k can be done in kell dragon. (if only I had some)

So im making progress and my heatseaker crits now hit for around 7k (Thanks for all the help :D)

Id just like to ask were do you get the power and surge enhancements.

Power/Surge enhancements are on Combat Medic Chest/Gloves/Off-hand and Eliminator Boots/Main-Hand

My merc is in full partisan with 4-5 purple 55 augments and the hardest ive hit is about 8500 with HS.

How do I get that last 1500?

Finish augmenting all your gear and min/maxing the mods/enhancements and it will make a noticeable difference I'd bet. To be honest though it's all about finding a soft target to smack with your HS, rule of thumb is if your grav is hitting them for over 5k you can probably get a 10k hit rather easily on them.

Finish augmenting all your gear and min/maxing the mods/enhancements and it will make a noticeable difference I'd bet. To be honest though it's all about finding a soft target to smack with your HS, rule of thumb is if your grav is hitting them for over 5k you can probably get a 10k hit rather easily on them.

Thanks for the advice. Guess I'll have to wait til 2.4 for the 10k's, as there's no point in min-maxing atm.