Guardian/Juggernaut Vigilance/Vengeance Guide (3.0+) by Vesev and AndrewPast

veSev

Hello: I've been reading this thread for a while now, and thank you everyone for your contributions :)

I ran the alacrity augs today, and parsed my highest yet. I was pretty excited. Nothing to write home about, but I was happy. If you guys are bored, can you tell me what I'm doing wrong so I can be more competitive.

http://parsely.io/parser/view/17522/17

I still have some 186's and only a four piece set bonus. My rolls suck.

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello: I've been reading this thread for a while now, and thank you everyone for your contributions :)

I ran the alacrity augs today, and parsed my highest yet. I was pretty excited. Nothing to write home about, but I was happy. If you guys are bored, can you tell me what I'm doing wrong so I can be more competitive.

http://parsely.io/parser/view/17522/17

I still have some 186's and only a four piece set bonus. My rolls suck.

Honestly, I really dont see much to improve upon. The DoT uptime appears good, although the Alacrity threw off the cooldowns so I could be wrong a little. The rotation itself looks good. Really the only thing that didnt make this a 4400+ in my opinion was crit rate.

Very interesting information Rydarus and Ves, i think i will swap out augments and see what i can pull now, keep you both informed, only downfall is, i dont have the money currently for 14 new augments haha...

Yeah lol, I know the credit struggle for sure man. But hopefully 1-2 more weeks of HMs on my merc and I can move back to my Juggernaut for 7/10 HM. See what the Alacrity can do there.

well i set new personal bests for the first 4 in tos for myself, i am loving this alacrity build, the consistency is so much better, and even on a dummy, im about the same, climbing slightly, but still sitting 4600-4700

Mal: 5759

Sword: 3957

Lurker: 3804

Commanders: 3504,

unfortunately as far as numbers, im still upset at where i am at, as of tonight im one mod from being bis 198's, so still trying to figure out where im screwing up

Edited by MBloomberg

Mal: 5759

Sword: 3957

Lurker: 3804

Commanders: 3504

it's pretty good for sword & commanders. For lurker did you take the utility when your movement incapaciting your damage are increased ? Is fhe boss near your add to spread dot ? Anyway i'm curious to test alac build but still stacking my slicing epic materials ^^

it's pretty good for sword & commanders. For lurker did you take the utility when your movement incapaciting your damage are increased ? Is fhe boss near your add to spread dot ? Anyway i'm curious to test alac build but still stacking my slicing epic materials ^^

Yes i did, but we had a new tank in last night, and he kep him away from adds, so no DoT spreading :(, would have easily been a 4k for that if he did

As far as my numbers go, i swapped everything back to ms augs this morning and did a few parses, finally got the crit i was looking for , still not where id like it, but its getting there, 4773

:rak_03: :rak_03: :rak_03: :rak_03: :rak_03: :rak_03: :rak_03: :rak_03: :rak_03: :rak_03:

patch notes

:rak_03: :rak_03: :rak_03: :rak_03: :rak_03: :rak_03: :rak_03: :rak_03: :rak_03: :rak_03:

bye bye to our dream for some up ^^

Yeah just got home and read through them and I am a little dumbfounded tbh. I mean, the changes give a modest boost to tanks in PvE, but it is a huge boost to Defense and Focus in PvP. I can just imagine a Focus Guardian leaping and put out its full burst within the unremitting window and their target can do little to nothing except run away and hope they're out of range before it's to late.

On the PvE side, I think it's a decent change for tanks. Gives them some leeway on Underlurker, Commanders, Torque and MB. The fights are still doable as is on live, but this changes just makes it easier on them.

But yeah, I would really like BW to give Guardian / Jugg DPS some love for once. Since launch, excluding xpacs, we've seen 2-3 significant changes that added much needed QoL to the class. I don't believe that my 3 recommendations for DPS on the PTS thread were that outrageous, but then again what do I know lol. The one good thing, the Robust buff, for DPS is that you can leap to the Underlurker adds without getting eaten alive lol. Saves you a few seconds before having to pop a CD.

Edited by veSev

Yeah just got home and read through them and I am a little dumbfounded tbh. I mean, the changes give a modest boost to tanks in PvE, but it is a huge boost to Defense and Focus in PvP. I can just imagine a Focus Guardian leaping and put out its full burst within the unremitting window and their target can do little to nothing except run away and hope they're out of range before it's to late.

On the PvE side, I think it's a decent change for tanks. Gives them some leeway on Underlurker, Commanders, Torque and MB. The fights are still doable as is on live, but this changes just makes it easier on them.

But yeah, I would really like BW to give Guardian / Jugg DPS some love for once. Since launch, excluding xpacs, we've seen 2-3 significant changes that added much needed QoL to the class. I don't believe that my 3 recommendations for DPS on the PTS thread were that outrageous, but then again what do I know lol. The one good thing, the Robust buff, for DPS is that you can leap to the Underlurker adds without getting eaten alive lol. Saves you a few seconds before having to pop a CD.

Except the robust buff has always been a part of unremitting.

Also, "What do you know?" A LOT. We know more than the devs. The only thing they have over us, is hard metrics.

Except the robust buff has always been a part of unremitting.

Also, "What do you know?" A LOT. We know more than the devs. The only thing they have over us, is hard metrics.

Although they dropped the ball with the first class rep system, I wonder if they shouldn't go back to this type of system and have like monthly meetings with either one class rep or the entire class rep base. There needs to be some method for class interaction with the devs because it just is not viable for 4 people to read through Reddit, Swtor Forums, Twitter, etc on a daily basis and determine what the "community" sees wrong with the class. Either they need a larger community team or bring some of the community in house.

As much as I'd like to see that happen, it is BW, and frankly I don't think they will ever get together like that, sadly I think its up to this small community like you said for recomendations and such for the class as a whole, not really something I'm going to get my hopes up for

The only thing they have over us, is hard metrics.

Quoting this again lol, but I would be curious to see these hard metrics. I know BW has stated they know "what classes are under and over performing; what classes are not being played in WZs, ranked and Ops. I want to see these metrics. I don't see any reason that BW cannot generate a monthly or even every major update series of metrics surrounding each part of end game. I would think this would quickly divulge the issues many players in different class threads have expressed.

Hell, I want to know at the very least what they used to generate parse data. Considering the numbers we've seen from various classes, it is a little beyond me how BW, after all that was said prior to 3.0 launch about their "new" system, did not see the disparity in class/spec DPS.

been comparing our parses ves and finding a lot of variances between you and me, going to try and figure it out tonight, see if I cant break 4900...

Told ya man, I got my rotation all written down for consumption. But I need a majority vote to release it lol.

Off topic but the braindeadedness on the PTS forums is just lawl

Last I saw some guy from Exit Area and a random "if I had more time, I'd clear ToS/Rav HM" guy going at it. I stopped there lol.