Rage Quiting Random HMFP over Nothing

One mistake and run… Everyone needs to calm down. This is a game, deaths do not take 10 years off your life or condemn your 1st born to a 2nd tier college.

Went on a HMFP yesterday. Got Taral V was thinking cool, fast easy BH Comms. Tank hops on speeder and off we go. Get to bridge and the DPS in front of me somehow aggro NPC on bridge. Somehow then everything got aggroed and instead of helping tank just cussed as he/she watched us die. Then he cussed some and left the group. Seriously this is Taral V…I can get a group through this without a tank. This is easy comms. One inadvertent pull means nothing and if you lack the patience to deal with it, what are you doing playing a social game. I apologize to the community because I got a little jerky and whispered bye, bye to him and we finished the instance without the moody tank and without another death. As far as I could tell the DPS did not mess up, he was follow the same line me and everyone else uses to bypass that trash. The only mess up there was the tank, that could have wait 2 sec for me use a CC and then DPS could have taken a safer route by the bridge or he could have pulled once the DPS accidentally pulled instead of cussing us and watching us die.

If you are going to quit at the first sign of trouble or because someone accidentally messes up or inadvertently draws aggro, don’t bother doing random groups, I don’t understand why you even bother playing a social game because you lack any social abilities.

I heal, I have been in plenty of groups that I would have loved to quit or kick people out of, but once I get in a group I will get that group through that instance if at all possible. Even if I have to do it without a tank. If the tank is reading this, we finished most likely before you even got back in an instance. It was Taral V after all. My sawbones could most likely solo it, but I guess it is too difficult for some.

Edited by mikebevo

LOL

I had one the other day. A tank in ok in mild gear rushes into 7 mobs. Me (healer) and the 2 dps (1 afk ) were not aware of him attacking. Me trying to cc one and heal. Tank dies so me and the DPS kill them. Tank rezzed and wants to ask "what happended". I dont who you are I will be truth full so I told him you rushed 7 mobs. We start to move on to next group and he sitting their doing nothing. As soon as he catches up to us is states " I see how it is you wont heal me after a rez". I am like what you have a nice little button that heals you use it. He starts to rant in chat like if we dont do as he says he will leave. I tell him bye bye and he exist like a cry baby.

I dont who you are, or what class you play. Unless you are in gear to take on 7+ mobs on your own dont rush in with out saying anything. I am getting tired of people playing tanks in tioneese trying to tank Lost island or Koan. They die and want to blame the healer or DPS not killing fast enough. Otherwise wait for a CC or inform the group of a attack.

Yeah, Taral V is notorious for this. A lot of players just want to skip the early trash and have finely calibrated pathing to avoid pulling aggro. But then somebody accidentally steps a pixel out of place (because there really isn't much room for error on T5) and a mob is pulled and they get slaughtered because the group is all spread out and can't react in time - or won't because they blame the person who accidentally pulled.

Then the player(s) that died have to re-navigate the trash skipping path alone. They get it a bit wrong, and die again. Suddenly the group is scattered all over the place, with some back at the beginning, some waiting ahead at the next boss and everybody annoyed and frustrated. It's here you often get rage quits.

For my part, I would prefer that people just chill out a little, and maybe play less of the trash skipping game. We've all done accidental pulls, and showing some patience and understanding goes a long way. But the fact is that a lot of players have no consideration for others and will just rage quit. Nothing you can do about it, just requeue and go on (and maybe add them to your ignore list).

Had this happen yesterday in Foundry. The Sorc came in as healer but wasn't a healer. He was specc'd as DPS and just forgot to uncheck heal role. It's annoying that the role selection resets all possible roles.

Anyway the tank rage quit after first pull when he got no heals. This wasn't an issue, we q'd to replace the tank, but in the meantime I summoned Kaliyo and we facerolled thru the first boss, all the way to HK. At HK I replaced Kaliyo with Lokin for some extra heals for the adds-(Plus Kaliyo likes to get crushed by the chamber). We killed HK easliy and we even lost Lokin for the last 10 % of the fight when the replacement Tank entered the instance.

My point is, HM FP's are so easy if you are geared that you can easily replace the rage quitter with a (geared)companion and still complete your daily quest.

While I do not condone rage quitting, as a tank I do get pretty much instant ques so I don't have a lot of motivation to work with a grp who aren't going to keep me healed. Why go through a HM that's going to cost me 50k in repairs? Only exception is when the whole grp is trying their best and I'm not dealing with attitude from the "dime a dozen" healers and dps'ers. Then I don't mind the mission costing me money... Atleast everyone is having fun doing their best...

I once pug'ed into Kaon with a very under-geared guild. Took almost 3hrs to do what should take 30-40 mins. It was fun though and everyone was cool.

Well I say let all those cussed whiners leave. I personally only need them to trigger my flashpoint, once I'm in they can leave instantly... I have full black hole geared companions, so they won't prove anything to me by leaving.

While I do not condone rage quitting, as a tank I do get pretty much instant ques so I don't have a lot of motivation to .
So instead of punishing the person guilty by kicking the healer, you punish the entire group? You do know the healer is the only one within the group responsible for healing the tank right? Kick the healer if they don’t heal, but you may want to find out first why they are not healing. I am also sure you understand in some instances like Kaon that the healer can get stun locked making it impossible for them to heal you and it is dps and your responsibility to get the lock off the healer. The healer can escape it once, but when the tank has aggroed everything in creations they just get locked up again and it takes help to get out before the cooldown is up again.

Got in a group last night, Koan, and the tank hadn’t been there was bare minimum or below gear and refuse to ask for help. Kept saying he had been there, but it had been awhile when dps asked if he needed help. Got to the turrets and the tank never got on the turret, so we died, one dps quit followed by the tank. No harsh word were exchanged, no blame was assigned. Q for about 3 mins and got new dps and tank, finished with no problems. Before the tank left though, neither the tank or the dps worried about the healer in stun lock constantly.

FYI: Healers can have instant queues too if they go at the right time. If I go as soon as I get home on my healer, then it is instant. On my dps that I do with a guild tank, they are usually instant, but have taken 5 to 10 mins at times. The only way I know to get a true instant queue it to hit group finder with a tank and healer. Which we do on weekends.

Edited by mikebevo

I am sick of people cuing up for a pug and bug out on the first moment of adversity. If you want to have a quick instance, cue up with a premade. Don't wast everyone's time cuing up for a pug if you are expecting perfect execution. It's generally not going to happen.

I know its 5 whole bh coms, but seriously people need to relax a bit and remember it is just a game.

P.S. Do your team a curtesy when skipping and wait for your whole team to pass by a group before charging ahead. It will be quicker if there is an accidental pull and it will save your but if you (gasp) make a mistake and accidentally pull a mob.

P.S. Do your team a curtesy when skipping and wait for your whole team to pass by a group before charging ahead. It will be quicker if there is an accidental pull and it will save your but if you (gasp) make a mistake and accidentally pull a mob.

What is even funnier, with pipe jumping and getting stealth CC's in place, some mobs would be faster just to kill rather than skipping. Yet they have to be skipped.. :D

Yeah some of the trash skipping is stupid takes longer for some people to do the jumping than it does to kill the mobs. I tank but i just go with the flow if someone agro's the mobs so what just kill them they aint hard no need to have a hissy fit haha

I run two tanks and I really only get annoyed when a DPS insists on running ahead and pulling aggro. When I ask why, the usual response is something along the lines of "you are not going fast enough". I have gotten to the point that when this happens, I initiate a vote kick on them and if no one else goes along I leave the group. I feel that if 2/3 of the other members of the group are that clueless/annoying, then I do not feel bad about quitting the group.

So instead of punishing the person guilty by kicking the healer, you punish the entire group? You do know the healer is the only one within the group responsible for healing the tank right? Kick the healer if they don’t heal, but you may want to find out first why they are not healing. I am also sure you understand in some instances like Kaon that the healer can get stun locked making it impossible for them to heal you and it is dps and your responsibility to get the lock off the healer. The healer can escape it once, but when the tank has aggroed everything in creations they just get locked up again and it takes help to get out before the cooldown is up again.

Got in a group last night, Koan, and the tank hadn’t been there was bare minimum or below gear and refuse to ask for help. Kept saying he had been there, but it had been awhile when dps asked if he needed help. Got to the turrets and the tank never got on the turret, so we died, one dps quit followed by the tank. No harsh word were exchanged, no blame was assigned. Q for about 3 mins and got new dps and tank, finished with no problems. Before the tank left though, neither the tank or the dps worried about the healer in stun lock constantly.

FYI: Healers can have instant queues too if they go at the right time. If I go as soon as I get home on my healer, then it is instant. On my dps that I do with a guild tank, they are usually instant, but have taken 5 to 10 mins at times. The only way I know to get a true instant queue it to hit group finder with a tank and healer. Which we do on weekends.

The healer is my best friend in any situation as a tank. I'm always aware of where he or she is and do everything I can to keep them alive. In fact, I haven't had to quit a single HM FP due to drama so far (knock on wood). I have had to quit a grp in the BH running the heroic there because I did have a healer who completely ignored me and was just healing the others in the grp (I wasn't tank spec'ed though)... Really left a bad taste in my mouth and am kinda sensitive to any grp member who decides to single someone out as "punishment" for not following some unwritten protocol.

It's like, not everyone knows how to play their toon to their max. I have been in so many grps where someone would always break CC, or a DPS'er who ignores trash only to help me (tank) kill an elite or boss... Unless they are being a genuine d*ck I try to roll with the punches and look at it as a challenge. I've never decided for instance to force an eager DPS'er to "tank what he pulls" you know? I'm the tank, and as the tank I'm going to do my role to the best of my ability regardless of the other group member's lack of skill / team work / noobness.

But if someone is like, "you did what? Oh screw you, you're on your own" (like what happened to me in the BH when I was learning dps) I could see myself going "f-you, I'll just instant que in a new pug"

I would never leave good intentioned players hanging though... And if it was just one person, I would first try a group kick before throwing in the towel.

Lol, people rage quitting over people "not being fast enough". If someone acts like they want to go superfast, I on purpose aggro everything and never spacebar through text. The hatetells from that person are pure entertainment.

I love ripping through FPs as fast as you can. I also however realize that its an MMO and not everyone is into that. I slow down for everyone who needs to. Last night I played my alt healer and the random I got on was 2 totally geared sents for dps, a brand new 50 shadow tank, and myself geared in rak/BH. It was apparent that the shadow had not done the FP before and although there were mistakes made because of that no one lost it and we burned through it pretty fast. I remember what one of the sents said afterward when the shadow apologized for their mistakes and thanked us for our patience, he said "everyone has to do it a first time".

One mistake and run… Everyone needs to calm down. This is a game, deaths do not take 10 years off your life or condemn your 1st born to a 2nd tier college.

Went on a HMFP yesterday. Got Taral V was thinking cool, fast easy BH Comms. Tank hops on speeder and off we go. Get to bridge and the DPS in front of me somehow aggro NPC on bridge. Somehow then everything got aggroed and instead of helping tank just cussed as he/she watched us die. Then he cussed some and left the group. Seriously this is Taral V…I can get a group through this without a tank. This is easy comms. One inadvertent pull means nothing and if you lack the patience to deal with it, what are you doing playing a social game. I apologize to the community because I got a little jerky and whispered bye, bye to him and we finished the instance without the moody tank and without another death. As far as I could tell the DPS did not mess up, he was follow the same line me and everyone else uses to bypass that trash. The only mess up there was the tank, that could have wait 2 sec for me use a CC and then DPS could have taken a safer route by the bridge or he could have pulled once the DPS accidentally pulled instead of cussing us and watching us die.

There does seem to be a tank moral problem with this game, it's almost as if they are all tired of it being their responsibility of damage control and to take the harder hits for the team. I've quit a few flashpoints lately only because the tanks are being jerks either with attitude or deliberately not taunting only to get attitude off them after everyone dies on what should've been an easy flashpoint.

What this game needs is a honor system like LoL to encourage people to play their roles and work as a team instead of not doing their job and being a jerk to everyone.

I love ripping through FPs as fast as you can. I also however realize that its an MMO and not everyone is into that. I slow down for everyone who needs to. Last night I played my alt healer and the random I got on was 2 totally geared sents for dps, a brand new 50 shadow tank, and myself geared in rak/BH. It was apparent that the shadow had not done the FP before and although there were mistakes made because of that no one lost it and we burned through it pretty fast. I remember what one of the sents said afterward when the shadow apologized for their mistakes and thanked us for our patience, he said "everyone has to do it a first time".

This.......

With this being my first mmo, I have made more than my fair share of stupid pulls in the beginning. There is no way that I can jump someone for doing the same when my guildies had tons of patience with me as I learned. I enjoy a good speed run for bh comms, but I am normally on for a few hours a day anyway. Spending 5 more minutes in a FP won't kill me.

lol, I do a HM daily as both a tank and a healer and I don't understand this at all. The only times I ever leave groups are if the rest of the group is so woefully undergeared/not paying attention to mechanics that they repeatedly wipe on bosses and show no signs at all of being able to pass it. Even then I give it multiple tries, but once I've spent 30k+ on repairs I tend to politely bow out.

The people obsessed with skipping every tiny mob are the ones that annoy me the most though. I notice this most on my tank. I like a speedy run as much as anyone, and I normally do skip as many mobs as is convenient, but if I ever dare to kill one group of mobs that can either be downed in 15 seconds or avoided if you do some elaborate series of jumps that takes longer than the pull did... people usually start whining.

Yet, if I am trying to skip but people keep agroing the mobs anyway, I don't even say a word and just kill them on. It really doesn't take long to clear trash. It's nice if you can skip it, but hardly the deal breaker many people throw down their toys and go home over.

On the other end of the spectrum, on my healer I get most annoyed when the tank and DPS are not helping me at all, all attacking the same elite mob while 4 normals are shooting me from range nonstop. And then they go "NEED HEALS" even though I'm having to spam heal myself just to stay alive...

Edited by Beltane

On the other end of the spectrum, on my healer I get most annoyed when the tank and DPS are not helping me at all, all attacking the same elite mob while 4 normals are shooting me from range nonstop. And then they go "NEED HEALS" even though I'm having to spam heal myself just to stay alive...

This is perhaps the most annoying thing when playing as a healer. I have quit after the team wiped repeatedly and blamed me for it (because it's always the healer's fault when things go wrong). What was actually happening is what you described - the three other players (a guardian and two sentinels) leaped in and all attacked the boss. The adds and other beasties were ignored, and when they that happens they always attack the healer. Then the others screamed abuse at me because I was spending all my heals on myself.

I considered lecturing them (especially the tunnel-vision sentinels, one of whom kept using Guarded by the Force even when he was at full health), but then thought it wasn't worth it and quit. My one and only rage quit. Most of the time I'm happy to go on even in the face of repeated wipes (there is in fact no better feeling in the game than when you finally beat a foe that had been kicking your butt repeatedly), but being blamed for other people's mistakes was just too much.

This is perhaps the most annoying thing when playing as a healer. I have quit after the team wiped repeatedly and blamed me for it (because it's always the healer's fault when things go wrong). What was actually happening is what you described - the three other players (a guardian and two sentinels) leaped in and all attacked the boss. The adds and other beasties were ignored, and when they that happens they always attack the healer. Then the others screamed abuse at me because I was spending all my heals on myself.

I considered lecturing them (especially the tunnel-vision sentinels, one of whom kept using Guarded by the Force even when he was at full health), but then thought it wasn't worth it and quit. My one and only rage quit. Most of the time I'm happy to go on even in the face of repeated wipes (there is in fact no better feeling in the game than when you finally beat a foe that had been kicking your butt repeatedly), but being blamed for other people's mistakes was just too much.

I have been there, so many times lol.

Most recently, the group kept wiping because the DPS was dying faster than I could heal them. Since I'm in BH gear and have done all the HMs to death, that points to a problem with them, not my heals. They were not moving out of the giant circles on the ground and kept piling up on the boss instead of taking care of the adds. But of course, they started trying to "help" me heal them by giving advice. "Stop putting down your heal circle, it wastes mana." "Did you try keeping HOTs on us?" "Try shielding us" -- all of which I was already doing. Except for the heal circle part. Telling a corruption sorcerer not to use their heal circle is like telling them not to heal at all, lol.

All my attempts to tell them what to do were of course ignored so I finally said I needed to go, quit, and requeued. :p

My personal favorite, is every one else is the expert in YOUR role- but you. I am always the tank, its all i do. I have learned to chastise the dps that pulls before the tank. My favorite manuver is to force pull the mob back to me that the sentinal just lept to:p:p good times. I have learned to take the complaints people have had how I pulled a mob. On the otherside I try to explan the tactic I am about emplay in the next pull. I think people need to be realize it is not the healers faut if no one picked the adds of him and he perishes. The healer can only heal on person at at time, so I preffer to keep my healers safe. That way the healer is free to heal the tank or the party. The parties survival is a group effort, it requires a small amount of co-ordination to become victorious.

With that said. I as well as everyone else does HM's for black hole coms. That is the sole reason most people run fp's. Untill F2P hits - there new subscriber base is almost non-exsitant, so the people who play are probly on a alt. I do see a surge of guildless people on, maybee thats the problem. They got g-kicked for lack of manners, seen that several times. My final thought is that maybee you need to run with only guildies- that way the quality of players are there to help instead of hinder.

I personally appreciate those tanks who rage quit because when I fill their spot, it just takes that much less time to complete. I ended up joining a HM Lost Island group at Sav-Rak (yes, he rage quit after LR-5) because someone in the group ended up flying off the edge from a lag spike... :p

When I play my healer and I que up for LI I dread on what type of tank i get. If I get the undergeard tank I know its going to be a costly run, If I get a tank that never ran it before I know its going to be worse.

Last night I got sucked into a LI where the healer left. Tank was new to the zone. I asked to keep sav in the middle for AOE heal and such. The tank kept pulling him to the edge. First jump wheeeeeee 2 people in lava.

After 2 chances he left and we get another tank that never ran the zone. We explain and what happens? Again the tank pulls him to the edge and rinse repeat.

I'll admit this is when I did a rage quit.

Edited by bravotwentysev

As a healer, I only got a complaint in a FP once, way back when I just turned 50.

However, I have, admittedly, rage quit a few times. And it's only been after dealing with horrible PUG groups a few times in a row. One can only handle so much.

One of my pet peeves is when undergeared, or lowly geared, sents think they're the boss and start tanking. For whatever reason some people think that their columi and rakata mix makes them awesome.

I can heal them through it. That's not the niche of the problem. It's that once I start healing that sent who's decided to take on the tanks role, all the aggro goes to me, and the sent can't do anything about it. So not only do I have a poor dps dying fast, but now I'm dying while the tank is forced to run around like a chicken with his head cut off to get the aggro. It's irritating.

Edited by Radzkie

I have been there, so many times lol.

Most recently, the group kept wiping because the DPS was dying faster than I could heal them. Since I'm in BH gear and have done all the HMs to death, that points to a problem with them, not my heals. They were not moving out of the giant circles on the ground and kept piling up on the boss instead of taking care of the adds. But of course, they started trying to "help" me heal them by giving advice. "Stop putting down your heal circle, it wastes mana." "Did you try keeping HOTs on us?" "Try shielding us" -- all of which I was already doing. Except for the heal circle part. Telling a corruption sorcerer not to use their heal circle is like telling them not to heal at all, lol.

All my attempts to tell them what to do were of course ignored so I finally said I needed to go, quit, and requeued. :p

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Sorry that bit about not putting down the purple ring made me laugh out loud at my desk. Don't use your single most effective ability, which is incredibly force-efficient considering the healing it does on a melee group?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!

I did a LI HM once with my scoundrel healer. I had 3 people from some other guild and me. We wiped a couple of times at Dr. Lorrick, and I was repeatedly accused of not putting out enough heals. Hello! Almost all of the damage in the survival phase can be avoided. The damage is manageable in the burn phase if you take him down fast enough to avoid too many stacks of debuff. If I can't keep up with the damage you're taking when I'm geared in Rakata and I'm pure healer spec and I got us past LR-5 and Sav-Rak, it's not me!

Edited by Ms_Sunlight