Who has cancelled their subscription due to the horrid PVP?

karlmonster

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hey thats me.

i've thought about it... but i don't think i'm ready to quit.

mainly cuz i've enjoyed the characters i've created, they're all different and unique from each other and i've grown attached to them, and i'm interested in where the legacy system is heading in the future.

but i'm on pretty thin ice, i'm hanging on now but it could be for a short time.

Edited by teambff

Stop posting these stupid thread. Just quit and be on your way.

You can't quit this game because they give you free 30 days if you do.

A SPECIAL GIFT FOR OUR LEVEL 50 PLAYERS – 30 DAYS OF PLAY TIME ON US!

As a thanks for being one of our most valued players, every active account with a Level 50 character as of April 12th, 2012 at 12:00PM CDT / 5:00PM GMT, will receive thirty (30) days of game time** in appreciation for your support and loyalty.

In order to receive your thirty (30) days of game time, you must meet the following requirements by April 12th, 2012, at 12:00PM CDT / 5:00PM GMT:

You must have purchased the game and redeemed an official Game Product Registration Code at the Code Redemption Center.

You must have signed up for a recurring subscription using a valid payment method OR redeemed a Game Time Code.

You must have at least one level 50 character.

Your account must not be banned.

Stop posting these stupid thread. Just quit and be on your way.

Stop bumping these threads then mmmmkay?

On topic, i unsubbed a week ago. The game started OK, then i realy started to enjoy it... then not so much, now i barely play.

All of the above in a couple of months... every other MMO had me hooked for a minimum of 1 year, even the bad ones so SWTOR is all fail.

Me, had just subbed also after being away fro awhile, at least next time I'll know to read the forums first.

I was a beta tester, and an early access by the way, so this is exceptionally disappointing for me, as I was one of the year long beta testers.

This game had so much going for it, now.. it's just dust in the wind it seems. But maybe Bioware will pull it together. I'll keep watching and hoping.

Edited by Darth-Malkaevian

im just curious is all, I dont really care if bioware sees / changes anything. I played to play with friends that i've played mmos with for almost 10 years, not because the game was even close to fun.

regardless, i just wanted some idea of how many people are leaving because of this patch.

Already cancelled. I was going to re-sub if they really came with it. Unfortunately, 1.2 is like the Illum debacle all over again.

If you're DPS, and you have BM gear..than life could not be better. If you're not...well then you're just gonna be farmed until the day you quit the game.

I am about to go to my unsub screen, and click the cancel button. You mouthy bioware lovers enjoy your tiny population.

You ignored too many people. You did what was obviously stupid, and went against common sense. And now, you can use your advanced metrics you think you have, to keep track of your lost subs.

Bioware, your no better then SoE. And I will never spend a cent with anything relating to you again.

I un-subbed but not cause of the bad pvp...or the fact that rated wz's aren't out yet. I un-subbed merely because of the deception & spin of the last minute announcement to keep as many subs as possible before dropping the bomb.

I also wonder how many re-subbed with the 1.2 release announcement...only to find out the reason they did is now gone with no ability to recover the sub fees.

Am I upset with gameplay? Yeah, but things tend to work out over time. My sub is gone because of the poor moral business practices Bioware has chosen to use, nothing more.

Had they said a month ago, hey even a few weeks ago, "this stuff just ain't ready"...I'd appreciate the honesty, and stay subbed awhile longer. Hiding the failure...is why I'm gone.

Edited by fanuvstarwars

hey thats me. (and not because of the sorc nerfs. the games problems go waaaaaaaaaaaaaay deeper than any class balance issues.)

I cancelled my account in direct response to the WZ changes. George Zoeller lied:

Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller

Guys,

We've changed the way rewards are given in Warzones (rewards are now based on participation - if you idle, you get nothing), and this has resulted in you seeing some odd values on PTS.

The current credit and XP numbers you are seeing are temporary. In a future patch to PTS, you will provide the necessary data for the system to allocate proper rewards.

Sorry for the confusion here, but it's the nature of the test server to sometimes receive incomplete systems. If we intended the current behavior to be final, you would have seen a patch note explaining this change.

TL;DR: Don't worry too much. You're looking at temporary data. Credit and XP rewards for Warzones, while changed to take participation into account, are not significantly changed from the numbers you've seen before. We expect some changes (as you are more likely to lose games early in your career, so we want to compensate for that), but nothing is finalized yet.

You ignored too many people. You did what was obviously stupid, and went against common sense. And now, you can use your advanced metrics you think you have, to keep track of your lost subs.

Honestly, those numbers are the only thing that matters at the end of the day. Did people complain? Sure, but the numbers are still good.

Really, if people are unhappy, the option is to walk away or eat it. I've cancelled, and so have a couple friends. That's not going to break BW's wallet, but if enough people speak with their money, BW will listen. Numbers people, numbers.

Edited by Kholt

i should take a portion of what ive posted back.. I said I dont care if any bioware employees read this. That portion is not true, I want them to read this and see how many people are leaving. Maybe they can feel the unemployment line creeping up on them.