Updated list for optimal stats more recent than 5.2?

mrdrsenorpeanut

Is there a list on here or maybe somewhere else to find the optimal stats since then, or is using the existing 5.2 guide as estimates still acceptable?

the numbers shouldn't really change from the 5.2 ones, since the new Augments only add 2 Crit/alac/acc to them over the purple augments. The only bonus from them is the extra power.

Edited by Toraak

Is there a list on here or maybe somewhere else to find the optimal stats since then, or is using the existing 5.2 guide as estimates still acceptable?

There's been a great deal of changes with the classes since 5.2, and also the release of new augments, so it's not really up to date, but the general recommendations regarding gearing [save for the augments] still applies in most cases. In the absence of an update it's still more or less useful as far as the basics go.

The stats listed there won't be accurate due to new augments, but will still give you a relatively accurate idea of how you'd want to optimally build your character in terms of priorities. Besides the augments are rather new and most people don't have a full set of gear with the new augments yet. Just assume the stat numbers listed there can be higher now, where applicable.

Be advised there are some rotational differences so take the rotation recommendations you may find there with a grain of salt. They might not be optimal, but can still serve as a basis in many cases. You might consider checking out dulfy.com for the class/spec guides, some of them have been updated after 5.2 and could prove useful.

Best of Luck.

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

the numbers shouldn't really change from the 5.2 ones, since the new Augments only add 2 Crit/alac/acc to them over the purple augments. The only bonus from them is the extra power.

The numbers should dramatically change because of the Alacrity-GCD mechanics coming to light.

Edited by Eli_Porter

• 3 weeks later...

I think this whole Alec "hype" is too much... with 1.4 GCD you have in 60 Seconds 42.85 (42) GCDs with that 1.3 GCD you did have 46.15 (46) GCDs thats 4 more. And in PVE or PVP you cant do ~5mins your rotation perfect. (Boss moves, you move, Boss disappears and so on) So maybe you get from this high (1860) Alec ~1ore2 GCDs more per minute and lose a good amount of your Crit (maybe its good for Classes with a high rate of autocrits).

Actualy im searching for the Critical "soft" and "hard" Cap.... I think its around ~2000 Points of critical rating and with that know how of the Alec (703) ist the minum of 1.4 GCD i think AP and Mastery are maybe good alternativs against Crit ore Alec... But still testing (More usefull for Classes without Casts (NO Sniper/Sage/Merc) but for mDDs.

Hopefully somone understand, I'm sorry for my bad english! :rak_03:

I think this whole Alec "hype" is too much... with 1.4 GCD you have in 60 Seconds 42.85 (42) GCDs with that 1.3 GCD you did have 46.15 (46) GCDs thats 4 more. And in PVE or PVP you cant do ~5mins your rotation perfect. (Boss moves, you move, Boss disappears and so on) So maybe you get from this high (1860) Alec ~1ore2 GCDs more per minute and lose a good amount of your Crit (maybe its good for Classes with a high rate of autocrits).

Actualy im searching for the Critical "soft" and "hard" Cap.... I think its around ~2000 Points of critical rating and with that know how of the Alec (703) ist the minum of 1.4 GCD i think AP and Mastery are maybe good alternativs against Crit ore Alec... But still testing (More usefull for Classes without Casts (NO Sniper/Sage/Merc) but for mDDs.

Hopefully somone understand, I'm sorry for my bad english! :rak_03:

Well the thing with the alacrity isn't 1.4s vs 1.3s, I've tested both in multiple specs as well as some other people I know for other specs in most nim raids and there isn't a noticeable difference, but anything between those 2 thresholds for most specs are wasted stats because it doesn't actually do anything besides slightly increase energy regen which only really helps a small amount of specs like io.

For my sniper (Virulence spec) I've tinkered with the 1860 alacrity in boss fights and don't notice a difference. From my experience once I hit around 1200-1300 Alacrity I'm better off going with Versatile Augments, and Critical around 1660. This leaves me with 5 Versatile Augs, which seems to increase my DPS far more then having all that extra alacrity. From my experience in Virulence at least going higher crit then that really doesn't change the DPS much either, since I don't consistently Crit more with 1700-1850 critical.

I have found a few old formulae which I have changed on step 70.

From it the following graphs have originated:

https://picload.org/view/ddadwidr/unbenannt3.png.html

Legend:

Critical Rating: Blue

Alec: Red

Mastery: Green

MASTERY Graph seen in the way HOW much more Crit you gain!

As you see the value is between 0-5200 (maybe i do more for Mastery)

Maybe we become a little clever from it.

Edited by PrinceNemmesis