Blue Polychromic Crystal nodes

Avital

Hello friends,

I've been trying to figure which is the best planet for gathering these Grade 6 color crystals.

I explored quite a bit on Belsavis Section X, and Corelia, but the formations seem to be quite rare.

Would anyone be kind and share some good locations for farming them?

Thanks.

Section X seems to be the best for Grade 6 anything. Explore it whole, since different mats are in different areas, it's not uniform distribution.

Keep in mind that color crystal nodes are bit rarer. Just collect green and red as well and blue will re-spawn eventually.

@psandak, isn't Makeb for grade 7?

Edited by Vercundus

@psandak, isn't Makeb for grade 7?

Just like most worlds, Makeb has two grades of materials (the exceptions are capital worlds and Corellia). Early areas of a planet have lower grade and the later stages have higher grade. That's why I specifically stated "early makeb" IIRC in the early stages of Makeb there are significant quantities of grade 6 materials.

That being said, IIRC the Black hole sector of Corellia (daily area) has decent quantities of grade 6 materials. In fact ALL 1.x daily areas will be grade 6 materials: Ilum, Black Hole, and Section X. The density of archaeology nodes though varies. Ilum probably has the highest number of arch nodes but they are more scattered. Section X and Black Hole have the benefit of being smaller areas in general so what nodes there are there will be more concentrated.

Personally, I use the stronghold nodes as my primary source of lower grade arch materials. I have documented which colors I need and have laid them out in my capital world strongholds (coruscant and Dromund Kaas) so I can gather what I need. And because they generate color crystals, and power crystals and artifact fragments, I rarely want for lower grade arch materials...and I craft a LOT of artifice color crystals.

psandak, how do you get grade 6 crystal formations for stronghold? I could only find low level ones :(

There might be some on the GTN, but the acquisition method is by completing the personal conquest goal. The reward includes three random node decos.