Force of Wills: The Ties that Bind

Earthmama

IA Voss story spoilers.

Voss

Shiloh breathed in the crisp Voss air, it was cool without being cold, a perpetual autumn. In the twenty five years since she had been here nothing had changed. Despite peace talks among the Voss and Gormack, factions on both sides continued to fan the flames of war. She wound her way through the streets, the cube was still in orbit, there was no reason for Kianna to bring it down. Vector and Malavai trailed behind her stopping at small shops to look over their wares, walking through the Voss shop keepers, the two ghosts, hallucinations, spoke amiably to one another. Shiloh did her best to ignore them, look past them and not speak to them. The responsibility on her shoulders was too great to give in to fantasy and delusions. Shiloh finally came to a halt in front of a familiar building, small smile on her lips remembering.

“The tea house, we remember. The hive enjoyed the many flavors, and we discovered that certain brews had healing properties.” Vector came and stood beside her, Shiloh simply nodded her head absently, the only recognition she gave her long dead lover.

“We also remember your wedding to Phi-ton, a beautiful ceremony.” Vector smiled broadly.

“You’re married? To a Voss? You never told me.” Malavai looked at her both hurt and quizzically. Shiloh didn’t answer him.

“Yes, she never consummated the relationship, the Voss do not believe in annulments or divorce, Phi-ton has not been able to re-marry. Voss emotions of love and desire, sexual maturity if you will, are awakened with the marriage ritual. Shiloh has not seen him since their wedding day. It is a cruel fate Phi-ton agreed to.” Vector spoke in his melodic monotone, the words cutting her heart, guilt flaring.

She wanted to argue, it had been necessary, she did not consummate the relationship out of love for Vector, and it wasn’t fair for him to throw it back in her face, though it had been cruel to Phi-ton. Instead she ignored the judgmental stares of her hallucinations and entered the tea house. She took a seat and gave her order to the young boy who came running, a blend to sooth the mind.

“Wife.” Whispered the tall Voss with the cyan patterned skin and the kind honeycomb eyes. His voice was quiet, disbelieving. He was holding the cup and saucer, his hands were shaking only slightly, the only indication of the emotions he was feeling under the calm and controlled Voss exterior.

“Husband.” Shiloh stood when she saw him, out of respect, or of fear. In their years apart Phi-ton had not changed, she could not spy any of the normal signs of aging, she was suddenly aware of the grey in her hair and the lines and scars in her face. Time had not been kind to her.

“I thought never to see you again. There have been no visions, even though I have prayed for them.” He struggled with the words, his face pained his strange eyes shone with unshed tears.

Shiloh had not expected this kind of reaction, the joy and pain and longing, they had known each other so briefly. She reached out and took the cup of tea, and indicated for him to sit. She suddenly didn’t want to ask anything of him, wished she hadn’t come to cause this pain.

“What purpose brings you back to Voss, wife?” He asked quietly.

Shiloh wanted to tell him it was to come home, to be with him, to live out the rest of her days in peace helping him brew and serve tea, and in that moment it was true. “I’m searching for my sister.” She saw a glimmer of hope die and her gut twisted in knots for inflicting the pain. “She is a Jedi, and a Chiss like me, there are not many, if any, others like her. Have you, or anyone seen her or heard from her? Her name is Kianna.”

“I have not, but I will send my nephew to learn what he can at the Republic embassy.” He called over the little boy who had taken her order and sent him on his way. “Will you stay with me, in my home, while you search for your sister?” He asked with the faintest glimmer of hope returning.

“I would be honored Phi-ton.” He smiled then, broadly.

She sipped her tea and Vector walked away, she took another sip and Malavai’s accusing face dissipated. She drank as Phi-ton told her of his families coming and goings, his pride in his nieces and nephews. She could close her eyes and listen to him speak, it was a soothing balm, instead she smiled and nodded and took his hand, and held it while he spoke. Perhaps one day, if she survives her plans and the trials of the greater Galaxy , she would return to Voss and live out the rest of her life, in fact she vowed she would survive so that she could.

Phi-ton’s nephew returned with word that her sister had gone to the wilderness with a great red Sith, that she sought wisdom at the shrine of healing, that she had plans of entering the Dark Heart. It was getting late, so pursuing her would have to wait until morning. It had grown dark, and she waited for Phi-ton to close his tea house. She walked hand in hand with him under a moonless night sky, the stars shining brilliantly. They arrived at a small but comfortable home, he led her around indicating where things were, he showed her the bedroom, it was the only one having no need for more.

“I will sleep in the main room, you sleep here. The bed is comfortable.” He made to leave, Shiloh grabbed his hand.

“Phi-ton, have you ever…I mean after we married did you ever find someone…” The guilt she felt for robbing him of that pleasure, of loving someone wholly begged an answer.

“No, it is not the Voss way.” He answered simply, guarding his feelings well.

“I’m so sorry. How can you be so gracious and kind to me, when I’ve robbed you of so much.” She hated torturing him like this, but she had to know, had to know why he didn’t hate her.

“I knew what was being asked of me when I agreed to marry you, I understood what it meant. I do admit that after, when I had fully awoken and felt the needs of a husband, it was difficult. I love you wife, I would not harm you, or cause you pain.” His voice was soft his honeycomb eyes gentle.

“How can you love me, you don’t know me at all, how can you…” Shiloh felt her voice crack, it was too much, and she feared for him, the last two men to have declared their love for her were dead and gone.

“A husband loves his wife, it is decreed, it is the Voss way.” He sensed her conflict and he pulled her to him in a strong hug. He rested his chin on the top of her head and stroked her back as she started to cry. It wasn’t for him she cried, Phi-ton knew that much, she was damaged and broken, and it was good she would be going to the shrine. He gathered her soft blue hair streaked with grey in his hand, enjoying the alien feel of it. She finally turned her scared and tear streaked face up to his. He traced a finger along a particularly angry gash.

“In the morning I will contact the mystics so that you can be healed.” He said softly.

“It’s old scars Phi-ton, long past healing.” She gave him a sad smile, such a kind heart.

“It is for your soul.” He said simply, running fingers through hair, the closeness and the intimacy of touch felt right to him, in a way he could not explain.

Shiloh pulled him down to her and kissed him, he felt a thrill he had never hoped to feel and he returned her ardor, his heart pounding finally feeling what it felt like to be a husband and mate. She continued to cry, he tasted the saltiness in their kiss, he wiped them away with his hands, cupping her face, not breaking the seal their lips made. Shiloh gave herself to him, it was the only way she could show her thanks and gratitude, and she needed him, needed his kindness to keep the nightmares at bay. Vector and Malavai stayed mercifully away, as this sweet and gentle man caressed her body, not cringing or shying away from the bevy of scars that riddled her body. Her tears refused to stop as they made love, it was cleansing and pure and she would have died in that moment content. She fell asleep wrapped in his arms, wishing she could promise never to leave him again.

Edited by Earthmama

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was beautifully written Earthmama! I just can't express how much I've enjoyed getting to know your characters.

Congratulations! You're first my first official post! First Mags on that other site, and now this thread - darn you guys making me be all social and stuff...

Can't wait to read what you have in store for all these guys!

Ali

Weather Light XS-Freighter

Oriah re-read the same sentence for the third time, her mind was elsewhere. She was hiding out in the spacious captain’s quarters, away from the two men who were causing her so much confusion. The mystery of the cubes would be revealed, so she had stopped working on that particular puzzle.

She needed to be away from Cohen and his mischievous blue eyes, easy charm and astounding intelligence; he challenged her mind, he made her see things in different lights and she found herself excited and flushed when they solved an especially difficult problem. In escaping Cohen she would come face to face with Aaron who was thoughtful and intense and had a way of quickening her heart when he let her glimpse his elusive smile. Aaron let her be herself, listened to what she said, there was no pressure with him, no expectations to preform, and he had a comforting and welcoming aura, she enjoyed and looked forward to the quiet moments they spent together. They both stirred feelings in her, feelings she had not experienced before, both different but equally intense and confusing. She needed to talk to someone, she had grown fond of both men, she needed a sign that would clearly tell her what she needed to do, choose one or the other, or forgo any relationship at all, it wasn’t fair to anyone as it stood. She needed her sister.

A soft knock on the door interrupted her fourth attempt at reading the opening sentence of her book. She opened the door heart already pounding so hard it felt like her ribcage wouldn’t hold it in place. Leaning against the door was Cohen, arms crossed blue eyes shining, half grin on his lips.

“You avoiding me red?” Cohen inquired, Oriah’s hair was unbound and loose, falling in soft curls almost to her waist.

“No!” Yes. “I just needed some time to myself, that’s all.” She stammered.

“I can understand that.” He gave her a wink, implying something she did not catch. “Anyways, just wanted you to know that’s we’ll be arriving at the space station in about three hours. Also, we’re flying by a gorgeous example of a dark Nebula, thought you might like to see.” His smile grew as her eyes widened in excitement. He moved out of the doorway so she could get by, and they both hurried to the cockpit.

Oriah looked out the window, wishing it was larger, she decided to climb up the pilots chair so she could get a better look. Sure enough there was the nebula, blue and purple like a giant raincloud in space. She heard Cohen’s footsteps behind her.

“Cohen it’s beautiful!” She said breathlessly as she balanced precariously on the chair.

“Very beautiful.” He agreed though he wasn’t looking at the nebula. He placed his hands on her hips, steadying her; he could smell the lilac shampoo scent of her hair.

Oriah swallowed hard when she felt his hands on her, he was always finding ways to touch her and get close to her, it was incredibly distracting. Of course he must have known that he had an effect on her, which is why he did it. She forced herself to keep looking out the window, and she thought to herself, Aaron should see this, he would appreciate the raw beauty in it, even if he didn’t understand the science behind it. She started climbing down carefully, she wanted to call Aaron over so he could experience it. Cohens hand remained firmly in place, helping her down. When she turned to tell him to call Aaron over her words got lost in Cohens lips as she found herself pulled into a heated kiss. Cohen was insistent and confident, his lips barely giving her time to breath or to gather her thoughts on what was happening. It would have been pleasant, wonderful even if not for the overwhelming feelings of guilt, and the fact that she wanted him to be his brother. This was the sign she needed, the moment of clarity. She had to tell him, she had to stop and breath and think and tell Cohen this wasn’t going to happen.

“Well isn’t this cozy.” Aaron said in a tight angry voice.

Oriah ripped herself away from Cohen’s embrace only to be hit by Aaron’s hurt face. It was all going wrong.

“Aaron.” Her voice stuck in her throat when his disappointed and angry glare fell on her. “This isn’t…” He was gone before she could finish. Cohen’s arms were still around her, she wriggled out of his grasp, when she glanced up Cohen’s normally handsome face was twisted into an ugly triumphant smile.

“You planed this. You knew he would see us.” Her voice quiet.

“He has to learn to stay away from what’s mine.” He spoke absently. Oriah slapped him hard across the face then. She was brought back to her mother’s estate, being paraded in front of potential suitors like a piece of meat, like a possession. He grasped his face and looked down on her with an expression of utter surprise.

“I’m not yours, I was never yours. How dare you Cohen!” She hit his chest, pushed him away, unable to believe he could be so callous and cruel, to her, to his own family.

“Wow, easy Oriah, that’s not what I meant. What I meant was that he needed to take a hint and back off when it was clear you and I had chemistry.” He threw his hands up in the air; she wasn’t supposed to react this way.

“You and I have nothing, Cohen Riggs, do you understand.” She said in a venomous voice, she turned on her heels and went running after Aaron.

Cohen sat down heavily in the pilots chair rubbing his eyes with his hands, guilt and frustration eating at his heart. How did he manage to always do this, hurt the people he cared about. He let competition and jealousy get the better of him, let his arrogance and pride overwhelm him. He wasn’t this person, this petty scheming person, it was an act. It was always an act, the problem was that he couldn’t distinguish between who he really was or the act anymore. He sat, head in his hands for the rest of the trip.

Edited by Earthmama

Voss

Scourge was not permitted to aid Kianna in the mystics trial, it didn’t sit well with him, but he acquiesced. She was powerful and capable; it was he who saw knives in backs and betrayal around every corner. She would not die here, it was not in his vision, in this one area he tended to agree with the Voss, a vision was never wrong. He watched her meditate at the alter a moment longer, then he felt her essence leave her body as it crumpled to the ground, alive, as though in a deep sleep. Eventually Kira approached him.

“The mystics are asking you to leave this area.” Kira said.

He looked down at her with intense red eyes, sneer on his full lips. “I care not for the wishes of mystics.”

“You don’t, but Kianna does. Nothing will happen to her, me, Doc, Rusk and T7 are here to make sure nothing happens to her. The fact is, your dark side Sithiness is affecting our girl in the trance.” Kira gave him a heated resentful look. She knew he paid her no mind, didn’t acknowledge the third Force user in their motley crew, but Kira sensed the tense and emotionally charged energy between the Sith and her former master. She resented him, even worse was that she knew Kianna was falling for him, Kira wanted him gone. Only now the mystics wanted him gone to, Kianna needed to focus on her task, not on a unstable brooding three hundred year old Sith.

“Go back to the city, go for a walk, go jump off one of the many cliffs in the area, I don’t care, but you need to leave this place.” Kira hissed refusing to be intimidated by the imposing Pureblood.

He stared down at her, lip curling, he looked back at Kianna’s sleeping body, vulnerable, open, and he felt something twist inside of him, her hood had fallen, black hair spilling over her face, lips slightly parted. He realized his desire, and anger and any other emotion he could barely contain would seep into her dream state. He barely controlled his fury and disdain when he realized that Kira was right.

“Comm me the moment she has finished.” He turned and stalked out of the Shrine of Healing.

Scourge was slowly getting better at controlling and focusing his emotions, with Kianna’s help and the old memories of his long finished life, he was finding his equilibrium. He counted it as a win that he had not killed Kira where she stood, but walked away instead, even if Kianna would have only rolled her eyes at him. Still he had only sparred, had not been presented with an opportunity to test himself in true combat. He did not doubt his martial prowess, only how the reintroduction of emotion guiding the Force would affect him and his abilities. He remembered the thrill of devouring and absorbing his opponents anger and fear, the memory was so far away, never the less, the idea made his lips twitch up into a momentary smile. What he needed was to test himself, and to face this familiar feeling of dread that had permeated his being since they had arrived on the planet's surface.

Once outside, Scourge headed towards the cave that had called to him on their journey in. It was a place of power he sensed, strong with the dark side. As he walked his senses tingled, as if a cool breeze on the back of his neck, he was being followed. His lightsaber hung at his hip, the familiar weight a constant in his over long life. Despite being followed, he breathed deeply and enjoyed the crisp and earthy scent of this place anyways. His mind strayed to her, as it always did, Scourge quickened his pace, not letting his emotions catch up with him, he needed a moment of stillness to collect his thoughts without them being taken over by tugging, insistent, adolescent feelings.

He stopped at the caves threshold he sensed the entity following him stop as well, he turned his head to one side, not seeing anything. Scourge willed his lightsaber into his hand, and walked forward. It was more tunnel then cave, he could see the dappled sun on the clearing at the other side. He walked purposely towards it, the feeling of familiar malevolence was strong here, it waited for him, and he would meet it.

Shiloh exited the healing room, giving the mystic a respectful bow, she felt calm and at peace, Vector and Malavai had not returned since the tea had banished them, and now, feeling more like herself then she had in over thirty years. She felt strong as she exited the room, as she rounded a corner she was passed by a large and scowling Sith Pureblood dressed in the robes of a Jedi. The face was unmistakable, she looked to where he came from, heavily guarded, Kianna must be in there. She looked back, catching only the flutter of his robe as he turned another corner. Shiloh followed.

The crisp air met her when she reached the exit, the horizon a blaze with the colours of the orange and red leaves on the trees. She saw him not far heading towards a small goat trail of a path, leading to the mouth of a cave. She walked a few step then activated her stealth generator. What was he up to, this Sith, why would her sister travel with him? Why would he leave her sister at this junction, her goal was simply to investigate and follow, who was he.

The cave was dark and damp, he had looked right at her at the mouth of the cave, he knew, but she chose to remain hidden anyways, deciding she was not a serious threat. The Sith walked to the clearing, it was a small clearing with a large ancient Sith altar at the edge of a cliff that fell away. Despite the sunlight, it was a dark place, cold and full of ancient malice, the cliff inviting death, the rock face surrounding the cave opening sheer and unyielding. Shiloh waited at the mouth of the cave, wondering what he would do. She gripped a grenade in one hand. He knew she was there, he could sense her, and she wanted to make sure she could make a quick getaway if possible. He was still gripping his lightsaber, though it was not ignited.

He walked to the altar and knelt in reverence, he bowed his head, his back was to her, so Shiloh couldn’t see his face, but she could only guess he was meditating. Black and red smoke started to envelop him, Shiloh had seen a physical manifestation of the dark side only once before, and that was in the presence of Darth Jadus, when he “blessed” her so many years ago.

He lifted his head and turned his gaze on Shiloh, she checked her stealth field generator, it was still on, but his red eyes bore through her, past her. It was only when she heard footsteps behind her that she realized it wasn’t at her he was staring. Shiloh did her best to turn into the rock she was standing beside, there was nowhere to hide, there was no way for her to climb the smooth wet wall, she flattened herself as best as she could. That’s when she saw them, the healing, the peace and the calm she had fought so hard to attain in the past twenty four hours was shattered. Vector stood beside them, blaster hole in his head, pale green eyes staring.

“Lord Scourge.” Ardyth spoke the title with a respectful bow of her head, “Our master is displeased with you. I am to collect your head.” She ignited twin sabers.

“Wrath.” He spoke the one word before igniting his crimson lightsaber, and then waited for her to come to him.

Edited by Earthmama

Voss, Continued.

Pierce felt dirty, it wasn’t the sweat under his armor, or the dirt and dust sticking to his face and neck. He looked at Ardyth’s form in front of him, she had stopped at yet another Voss alter to meditate. She said the Emperor was guiding her to her quarry, she would occasionally mumble, or gasp in her trances. It was more expression then she had afforded him back on the ship.

In the dark of space, in the dead of night, he had taken his wife roughly, and she had only stared up at him with dead yellow eyes. He had wrapped his hands around her neck in the moments before climax, his face twisted up in anger and excitement, anything to make her feel him, but he was only met with a passive stare. Her body would not respond, it was only a vessel, a husk for him to use. So he used it, because to make love to anyone else was even more distasteful. He clung to wild hope that maybe he could bring her back, because he had to, because he would never leave her.

“Are you satisfied?” She had asked when he was spent and done. He wasn’t, he had not been satisfied since before that call to the Emperor’s chambers, but he nodded, pushed off of her and went and stood in a hot shower for two hours. Pierce was fairly certain he cried, he had been doing that a lot when he was alone in the shower, the hot water washing them away before he was aware of them. He had to stop going to her, but she was worse the spice. The fall out afterwords, that crashing feeling when he was done was harsher than any drug he had taken in his life, and he had taken a few in his youth. He had to stop going to her, it was easy to say to himself in the shower that would never make him clean again, but in the black of space or dead of night, when he was filled with memories, his resolve was not so strong.

“This way Captain.” Her voice snapped him back, he nodded and followed mutely, stepping over the body of the dead Voss pilgrim.

She led them to a cave near the great Voss shrine, he remembered it from a life time ago when Ardyth was making her name, fighting off Baras, when she was in love with Quinn. He felt old, too old, he was living on borrowed time because a grunt like him wasn’t supposed to live as long as he had. He gripped his rifle, the hard steel in his hands was a comfort.

“He’s at the other side, in the clearing, guard our rear.” Ardyth ordered.

“Yes, my Lord.” Pierce spied a large boulder at the opposite mouth of the cave, a good vantage point, beyond that a hulking Sith Pureblood stood waiting, the former Wrath of the Emperor. He felt a blinding hatred, if this bloody red Sith had done his duty, and remained at the Emperor’s bloody side, his Ardyth would still be his. He was of a mind to shoot him between the eyes, he went to the boulder and using the stone to steady himself he took aim. He heard the shimmer of the stealth generator shutting off too late.

Ardyth flew at Scourge with all the power of the Emperor behind her, Scourge parried and reached out with his feelings and found a void in his opponent, he would have to rely on reading her movements with his eyes and not the force. She was quick and nimble, her purple sabers a flurry of motion. The Wrath got the first hit in, a glancing blow, he smelt his burnt flesh and singed armor, another first. Scourge blocked another flurry of attacks, as his lightsaber blocked her attack he backhanded the Wrath with his free hand, it landed with a satisfying crunch.

She might be a void but there was power in this place, he drew on the innate dark side energy, there was also emotion, strong emotions of fear and hate and rage, his hidden follower had made herself known, she was locked in combat with the soldier the Wrath had brought. Their unbridled raw emotion fed him, he pulled their energy to him and he smiled a toothy feral grin as he went on the offensive. His attacks were powerful and shook his opponents guard, he grunted and roared with each swing of the saber. His punch had opened a cut on the Wrath’s face, he scented her blood, he scented blood from the two battling behind him, he force pushed the Wrath into the hard bedrock above the mouth of the cave. She landed on her feet but Scourge was there, their eyes met, cold golden yellow against deep angry red.

Scourge felt his own hatred well inside of him, at the blasphemy of this woman, immortal but dead to the force. He felt his white hot rage blossom at the memory of the long years he had been a living death, where he had been unable to feel the living force around him. She jumped above him flipping as she did, throwing a lightsaber midair towards him, he parried it and it flew back to her hand.

“Abomination” Scourge spit.

The word gave Ardyth momentary pause, the image of a squalling infant, her squalling infant came to mind. “As you once were.”

“No longer, and I will purge this galaxy of your taint.” He growled barring his teeth like a wild beast, like one of the ancient Sith, he was fearsome.

Shiloh watched as Pierce set up his rifle, she gripped her vibroknife. This man, she had vowed to end him as painfully as possible for what he had done to Vector and to her. She was brought back to their apartment, on a cold night, laying naked on the floor as she watched helpless as he was shot between the eyes. She remembered Pierces laugh, how he had beat her in an attempt to break her even more, all the while she was screaming and crying and watching Vectors dead face, helpless. She deactivated her stealth field; she was greeted by a look of utter surprise as she drove the vibroknife towards his face.

Pierce blocked her with his rifle, but she grabbed and twisted, it was thrown skittering across the clearing, over the cliff. He pulled his own knife and pistol, and then was hit with a wave of recognition.

“You.” He breathed, how was she still alive?

“Surprise.” Shiloh’s voice was low, dangerous, dripping with hate.

“The alien, with the freak, I remember you. Fine, you want a die? I’ll oblige you.” He flipped his dagger in one hand, adjusting his grip, he holstered his pistol, a good rumble was just what he needed.

Shiloh lunged, he would find she wasn’t so helpless as she was on their last encounter. Her training came back to her, second nature, she was small and quick, easily able to duck and weave away from Pierces swings. They grappled, each of them trying to get in close enough to sheath their knife in the others flesh. Shiloh felt a large and powerful knee connect with her stomach, winding her, followed by a large hand in her hair pulling her head back, exposing her neck. Her arm shot up slicing the arm that was holding her, digging, finding a weak spot in his gloves; she felt her knife bite flesh. Pierce released her with a curse, throwing his gloves to the ground. Shiloh saw blood drip down his wrist and smiled.

“You’re a fool, we could have been allies once upon a time, your father was respected, James.” It was true, she had met with the old woman, Mary Pierce, entrusted her. She had spoken of her husband and son with such pride, confident her boy would fall in line, his disdain for the Empire and Sith bred into him at a young age. Then he killed Vector.

“I don’t ally with alien scum.” His face contorted, she knew more about his family then even he did. He found a new reason to hate his dead parents. Full of conspiracies and lies, why did they wait so long to tell him, didn’t they trust him? They forced his hand, forced him out, forced him to abandon his mother to squalor. Pierce had never cared that his father had betrayed the empire, but he had betrayed his family, his only son, and he had never known or understood the reasons. Tid bits of information raining on him like rogue moisture droplets on Tatooine, too little too late.

Shiloh lunged again into Pierces deadly embrace, they fought, Pierces fist connected with her face, he felt her nose shatter again, he liked breaking her nose, breaking her smug Chiss face, now so ugly and full of scars, just like his.

She twisted, her feet running up the cave wall until she was up and over him, she pulled a second, longer vibrokife from her boot, she sliced the unprotected tendons behind his knee, he fell with a painful grunt. She looked up, in time to see the large male Sith stab Lord Ardyth in the gut, Pierce made a pained sound, and reached for his pistol. Shiloh stabbed his shoulder then pulled his head up by his hair, knife pressing into the soft fleshy area under his jaw.

“She’s not dead yet, look, I think he’ll kill her though.” Shiloh felt him struggle, she stepped into his leg wound, blood spilled onto the tip of her boot. “No, you watch, here, helpless. Just like I did.” She hissed in his ear.

Scourge pressed his attack, unrelenting, even when the Wraths saber seeped into his shoulder. The pain only fed his fervor, he switched forms to compensate for his wound and the Wrath stumbled for a split second in trying to adjust, it was all the time he needed. His crimson saber dug into her stomach, blood bloomed from her mouth. He cut upwards, widening the gaping cauterized mortal wound. The smell of burnt flesh alongside the blood that flowed from her lips was an intoxicating bouquet.

“Die now, abomination.” He spoke with a voice full of vengeance and hatred.

“I…cannot….die.” Ardyth gurgled.

Scourges saber dug into rib, lung, it came out between shoulder and neck, she was nearly cleaved in two. When his saber left her body she staggered backwards, unable to feed her lungs air, she fell back into oblivion off the cliff. Scourges reached out with his feeling towards her, he would have liked to feel her death, but there was still nothing only void. He breathed heavily the dark side screaming in his ears, like a hurricane, demanding her death, demanding release. He stepped back, lest the force of his emotions send him after her. He turned then, to see the Chiss woman holding a knife at the soldiers throat, he sensed the beautiful pain coming from the soldier, agony, he had loved the Wrath, and the Chiss had made him watch. Scourge approved.

Their eyes met, red on red, they were familiar, she reminded him of Kianna, the shape of her face, the heart shape of her lips. Only she was force blind, harder, colder, and older, Scourge nodded at her, though inside he was begging her to finish the job. He could only bear sitting on the precipice of death for so long. The knife cut into the soldiers throat, Scourge closed his eyes pulling in the last moments of life to him like a blanket, fear, anger, and abject despair filled the soldier as he died, but there was also relief, peace, and joy in the death as well, it washed over him, and Scourge inhaled deeply and shuddered as he exhaled. When his eyes opened the soldier was a crumpled bloody corpse on the ground, the Chiss was nearly bathed in his blood, she was kneeling, her emotions were those of longing and a deep rooted pain.

“Who are you?” He asked finally.

“Shiloh Chint’aro” She spoke with an Imperial accent, “You travel with my sister, I would like to know why.”

Scourge lifted an eyebrow ridge, the familiarity made sense now, the sister Kianna had told him so much about, the sister who had abandoned her, who had led them to the depth of Belsavis. He was certain she must have been dead, but he found that Kianna was right again.

“I am Lord Scourge, your sister has a destiny, she will kill the Emperor. First she will save this planet from eradication.” He said simply, he half smiled at the surprise on her face. “Kianna has held out hope for many years that you were still alive, I know she will have questions.”

“And I will answer them.” She tried wiping Pierces thick and sticky blood from her hands on her pants to no avail.

“When she is finished….saving the planet. Tell her, tell her to meet me here.” She handed Scourge a plastoid card with information for Phi-ton’s tea house on it. The blood on her fingers left an imprint on the card. “I will remain on Voss until I see her.”

Scourge accepted the card and nodded at her, her mouth set in a grim line, she activated her stealth field generator and left him. He felt the throb of his shoulder wound, he began the long walk back to the Shrine. For the first time since the return of his senses and emotions he felt whole, confident, not afraid of who he was any longer.

Scourge saw Kianna’s familiar form on the steps of the Shrine, he reached out with the force, wordlessly letting her know he was there. The smile on her face when she saw him forced his own lips upwards, he hurried his pace. Her face fell when she saw the saber wound in his shoulder. Before she could open her mouth to speak he pulled her to him, wrapping her in his arms and energy and claimed her lips, he felt her gasp into him causing him to deepened the kiss. He had kept his word, he was a whole man a true Sith, the combat and the death cementing who he was, and he would no longer be denied.

“You’re hurt.” Kianna said breathlessly as she forced herself away, only her legs wouldn’t work. Her eyes took a moment to focus, and that’s when she noticed the blood on his armor and robes. “Is that your blood?” He smiled at her in a way that made her heart stop, dark and feral.

“It is the blood of your enemies.” He spoke close to her ear, his breath on her skin, not helping her wobbly leg predicament.

“Bloody Force! Is that a lightsaber burn?” Docs voice broke the moment, although Scourge continued to eye Kianna predatorily, he licked his lips, she blushed a deep red.

“When we are done, you have an ally and friend to meet here.” Scourge handed Kianna the card, who took it and watched him awed and bewildered.

“Who?” She asked, and who was this man in front of her, the energy was the same, but he was different, calm, and passionate at the same time, something had happened to him, she had so many questions.

“Your sister.”

Note

Boom! Please exit the emotional roller coaster to your left.

Edited by Earthmama

So I finally got around to reading this story and I have to say that it is amazing. You really know how to steer that emotional rollercoaster, heh. I really like how you do the multiple generations and how they all fit together within the universe. Can't wait to read more! :)

Voss, Continued.

“Who?” She asked, and who was this man in front of her, the energy was the same, but he was different, calm, and passionate at the same time, something had happened to him, she had so many questions.

Note

Boom! Please exit the emotional roller coaster to your left.

Best ending for this sequence. Who indeed. :D

Edit to add about Pierce. Justice AND Mercy? How the heck did you manage that one? <3

Edited by kabeone

U know I never did like Scourge but hell glad he kick Ardyth ***:D (I do agree with MilaniGrey I don't think she down for good)

I did feel bad for Pierce he had bad life.(Not like care him anymore)

I do love how u Scourge peronsed change casue he has emotions again and I like him better for it.

I Like how Ardyth used Baras last line before he died "I cannot die" make me think Ardyth going same fate as her master.

I qution What hell happen to your jedi consular is she die (may miss that part) or is she still alive but just old

Edited by greyjedibp

I qution What hell happen to your jedi consular is she die (may miss that part) or is she still alive but just old

Elliah is not part of the greater plot for this story, she had some brief appearances in a flash back Kianna had of her time in Tython after escaping the Emperor's fortress, but over all she does not play a big roll in part 2 of FoW.

I can say that there will be a Part 3, and that she may (MAY, no promises) play a bigger roll in there. For now she's just chilling on Tython being a teacher and going to council meetings, her life is pretty boring. Honestly I have enough characters to juggle, Elliah's being my sweet girl and staying out of my head space right now.

@ Ves!! Squee! Thanks for reading, and so glad you're enjoying it!

@Kabe, I should really post an excerpt of my outline, there was a time I actually wrote "Kianna and Scourge Kiss......nah, tease Kabe some more."

Edited by Earthmama

So...your last installment. Amazing. I am skeptical of the falling-off-a-cliff death ever since Sherlock Holmes, but it was still nice to see Ardyth torn up.

And Pierce's death. Beyond. Breathtaking. Shiloh's revenge, the satisfaction coming around for that was just incredible.

@Kabe, I should really post an excerpt of my outline, there was a time I actually wrote "Kianna and Scourge Kiss......nah, tease Kabe some more."

That is hilariously evil. I love it.

That is hilariously evil. I love it.

Wut! Grrr.

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/270/b/f/make_scourge_kiss_by_kabeone-d5g4afs.gif

No more Scourge for anyone!