Jedi Knights PvP gear is unacceptably pathetic. Be united against it!

Alexious

http://imgur.com/yzVbx

I think we can easily ALL agree on this. Not only Sentinel and Guardian seem to have the same armor (which makes no sense at all), but it's also outrageously horrific.

THAT is supposed to be a Jedi? Really? There are some awesome armors in this game, including PvE ones which I dig a lot. But this is unacceptable.

It's not even the Samurai look, which could be passed as different. The helmet is the least worrysome part of the set. But the chest, the boots, the leggings, and come on, that thing on the back? We ain't Troopers!

Sign this for developer attention. I personally won't be using this armor set even if it means losing the Expertise.

Edited by Alexious

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://imgur.com/yzVbx

I think we can easily ALL agree on this. Not only Sentinel and Guardian seem to have the same armor (which makes no sense at all), but it's also outrageously horrific.

THAT is supposed to be a Jedi? Really? There are some awesome armors in this game, including PvE ones which I dig a lot. But this is unacceptable.

It's not even the Samurai look, which could be passed as different. The helmet is the least worrysome part of the set. But the chest, the boots, the leggings, and come on, that thing on the back? We ain't Troopers!

Sign this for developer attention. I personally won't be using this armor set even if it means losing the Expertise.

That really is an horrific armour set for a jedi. Where in the world did the get the idea for a samurai helmet?

I agree. And to add insult to injury - I was doing a warzone yesterday and ran into a Sith warrior in full champ gear.

HE LOOKED AWESOME. I felt like a clown next to him (as far as style goes.) Everone who sees me in my champ gear make jokes, asking me where I'm going deep sea diving...

@OP: left Defias for good man? :p The internet is small...

As for the looks, I can understand something that has no robe at all, remember this is the Old Republic , the look doesnt have to be consistent with the movies which happened much later and this is clearly meant to be a war outfit/proper armor, not a normal day routine dress/robe. So in that way it makes sense, fighting with robes would be silly. That said the armor still looks fairly ugly and mixed, the helmet doesnt match the armor and vice versa. IMHO if the shoulders etc looked more like a proper samurai armor it would be waaaaay cooler, with the proper colors too ofc.

@OP: left Defias for good man? :p The internet is small...

As for the looks, I can understand something that has no robe at all, remember this is the Old Republic , the look doesnt have to be consistent with the movies which happened much later and this is clearly meant to be a war outfit/proper armor, not a normal day routine dress/robe. So in that way it makes sense, fighting with robes would be silly. That said the armor still looks fairly ugly and mixed, the helmet doesnt match the armor and vice versa. IMHO if the shoulders etc looked more like a proper samurai armor it would be waaaaay cooler, with the proper colors too ofc.

Yeah, I played on Defias. Who were you there?

Anyway, Jedis do combat in robes (like Sith) if you haven't noticed in the movies. They certainly don't wear soldier armors; even then, that set would suck majorly as a soldier armor too. ;)