Known Issues: Game Update 5.6

EricMusco

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

One more addition to the list. Shortly after launching 5.6 an exploit was brought to our attention. It allowed players to buy companion gifts for free and then sell them back to the vendor for credits. Allowing them to gain a large quantity of credits very quickly. We are investigating this exploit and will be taking appropriate action against individuals who abused it.

We were able to make a quick-fix to the issue without taking the servers down, but it created a bug we will be addressing in the future. Here is the new known issue:

• The vendor Tahoota on the Imperial Fleet is selling various companion gifts that do not list a purchase price (but they do have one). When purchased, they can be bought for cheaper than is intended and will be addressed in a future update.

Thanks everyone.

-eric

Hey folks,

One more addition to the list. Shortly after launching 5.6 an exploit was brought to our attention. It allowed players to buy companion gifts for free and then sell them back to the vendor for credits. Allowing them to gain a large quantity of credits very quickly. We are investigating this exploit and will be taking appropriate action against individuals who abused it.

We were able to make a quick-fix to the issue without taking the servers down, but it created a bug we will be addressing in the future. Here is the new known issue:

• The vendor Tahoota on the Imperial Fleet is selling various companion gifts that do not list a purchase price (but they do have one). When purchased, they can be bought for cheaper than is intended and will be addressed in a future update.

Thanks everyone.

-eric

So just to clarify that last part about the companion gifts still being cheaper than intended; is it ok to buy them without being flagged as needing a ban-hammer used on our account in the future?... :)

• Dev Post
So just to clarify that last part about the companion gifts still being cheaper than intended; is it ok to buy them without being flagged as needing a ban-hammer used on our account in the future?... :)

Oh! Yes, purchasing the cheap companion gifts is 100% fine. It was purchasing the free ones that was the problem.

-eric

You can still buy them, you can't re-sell them back to the vendor. Re-selling them back to the vendor is the problem. You are making more money re-selling the item back then you did spending money to purchase it.

Ok so, I want to be the first to admit that I did utilize this bug. however in my defense (if it can even be considered a defense) I assumed it was a limited time reward thing- and not once did it cross my mind that it was a bug until hours later when I checked the dev tracker (because I like to be up to date) and realized that my assumption was indeed a fatal error in judgement. To be fair= you guys do spoil us a lot and I didn't see or understand the wrong doing. In all my years of mmorpging, ive never actually encountered a bug considering developers are almost, in my experience, on top of things before releasing patches to the public.

I simply thought this was a limited "catch your new companion up" thing

I don't wish to be banned or punished harshly for my naivety - ive been playing for a few years and have invested heavily (time and finances) into this game and my legacy- and I want to come forward instead of pretending I didn't do anything. Knowing now that this was a immersion breaking bug I realize that I cheated when that was never my intention.

please if possible- email me so we can communicate a way to fix this.

Ok so, I want to be the first to admit that I did utilize this bug. however in my defense (if it can even be considered a defense) I assumed it was a limited time reward thing- and not once did it cross my mind that it was a bug until hours later when I checked the dev tracker (because I like to be up to date) and realized that my assumption was indeed a fatal error in judgement. To be fair= you guys do spoil us a lot and I didn't see or understand the wrong doing. In all my years of mmorpging, ive never actually encountered a bug considering developers are almost, in my experience, on top of things before releasing patches to the public.

I don't wish to be banned or punished harshly for my naivety - ive been playing for a few years and have invested heavily (time and finances) into this game and my legacy- and I want to come forward instead of pretending I didn't do anything. Knowing now that this was a immersion breaking bug I realize that I cheated when that was never my intention.

Send a private message to Keith and Eric.

Thanks everyone.

-eric

Just to be sure... One Rank 5 purple gift costs 960 credits and you can sell it back for the same amount. Is it OK to buy them? I want my new friends Raina and Hexid to love me and buff some folks to make my augments but if it's not OK, I'll sell back my gifts and do this the long way...

Hey folks,

Thanks everyone.

-eric

Eric! Could you comment on the issue regarding the eye colours and general new eye designs we got with 5.6? As can be seen on the forums it is a subject of significant debate, with some people like me loving the new change while others absolutely hate it. Do you know a bit more on what will be done with the new eye designs? Please don't revert to the old ones, if anything, give us a toggle in Graphics settings where we can choose what eye design we want to see ingame.

Edited by Ylliarus

Not sure if others have found this issue, I purchased some hypercrates a day before the update, did not collect them & it was saying I have 3 items I can collect, -UPDATE MESS- I have no sign of my crates & the coins are gone...

Let CS know about it in-game or through a phone call. They can access your ledger and what you bought and whether you collected the items or not. They will either refund the coins or grant the items. The game data will show what happened to you on their end. Always provide as much information as possible.

I think that if you bought them but did NOT sell them back at an enormous profit, you are likely okay. But I would send a message to Keith and/or Eric (or both) so long as it isn't obvious that you took advantage of this exploit as a way to make a huge pile of credits, and I'm sure they will make that part of their consideration.

Oh! Yes, purchasing the cheap companion gifts is 100% fine. It was purchasing the free ones that was the problem.

-eric

Eric, one of my guildies is in a panic because she bought 10 gifts when the price was zero. She added them to her stack and she doesn't know which of the 24 are part of the 10 that she bought for zero. She consumed some of them giving them to her companion. Should she destroy the whole stack? She says she did not sell them back to the vendor for credits.

Edited by xordevoreaux

Hey folks,

We have some known issues for Game Update 5.6 that you should be aware of:

• If you disintegrate numerous items in your Command Stash, and then you do this process again without closing the interface, the bar which displays how far you progress will display an incorrect value. You are still getting the proper CXP, but what is displayed will be incorrect. You can workaround this by closing and reopening the Command Stash after you do a disintegration.
  • In the Kuat Drive Yards Flashpoint do not press spacebar or escape while you are in the cutscene which transitions you across the ships (it is the second cutscene). If you do, it is likely that the entire group will be transported back to the first ship and unable to progress. As long as you do not hit spacebar or escape, this should transition you correctly to the second ship.
    • If you end up in the bugged state, you will need to completely quit the group and queue again through group finder.
    • As a precautionary measure, we have removed the ability for you to queue for KDY directly. However, you can still get it randomly.

[*]If you had Unassembled Components prior to 5.6, the currency tab will show that you have 0 Unassembled Components. We didn’t take them away, they are in your inventory. It is a bug that they are still displaying in the currency tab at all and will be removed in the future. If your inventory was full, check your mailbox.

[*]The vendor Tahoota on the Imperial Fleet is selling various companion gifts that do not list a purchase price (but they do have one). When purchased, they can be bought for cheaper than is intended and will be addressed in a future update.

Thanks everyone.

-eric

Please fix the bug with the proficient Hitmans armor and Bionic Warriors armor both are bugged after the 5.6 patch and are not showing on characters, i paid good credits for these sets and are now usless.

Eric, one of my guildies is in a panic because she bought 10 gifts when the price was zero. She added them to her stack and she doesn't know which of the 24 are part of the 10 that she bought for zero. She consumed some of them giving them to her companion. Should she destroy the whole stack? She says she did not sell them back to the vendor for credits.

Not Eric, but judging by past responses to minor exploits, it shouldn't be anything to worry about - they'll probably be looking for the sellback instead, and the consequences in any case would likely amount to taking away the credits made (none in that case)

Not Eric, but judging by past responses to minor exploits, it shouldn't be anything to worry about - they'll probably be looking for the sellback instead, and the consequences in any case would likely amount to taking away the credits made (none in that case)

The credits that were made with this exploit have already been laundered, thus BW has to do more than just take away the credits again. But just like with the last re-selling exploit, I'm sure that the ones who did it properly will get away with it. The laundered money from December 2014 (was it then?) is still in the game. Everyone knows it. Well, not everyone. But many.

Edited by JattaGin

Was the ability to dye armor that doesn't have a dye slot in the Outfit Designer a bug or intended? If intended, why would you deliberately remove a feature that kept the vast majority of world drop and older crafted gear relevant? In stead of fixing bugs that hurt the game you "fix" something that was 100% benefiting players?