Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Very strong Vanguard dps hybrid

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Vanguard / Powertech
Very strong Vanguard dps hybrid

Mooby
01.15.2012 , 07:32 PM | #11
Regarding above, did you test it? if so, how did it work out, or did you make changes to your spec?

Hirokinae
01.15.2012 , 08:14 PM | #12
Updated. I am currently in the process of testing it in Hardmode, and have decided to drop gut in favor of rain of fire. Although mathmatically, they could be even in terms of damage gained, when you factor in the use of a GCD, and the fact that having to use incindiery round followed by gut shortly after drains your ammo and doesn't leave you enough room to use stockstrike/iron pulse to refresh high impact bolt, which is your highest damage move period.

Comparing my last hardmode council kill, to this one, I found that i killed my add much faster when specced into rain of fire. I will update the spec.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#801hMhZMsMZfI0bkGhM.1

harenmacar
01.15.2012 , 08:16 PM | #13
http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#80...MroZfhMrzGMM.1

This was my change on your build i'll explain the reasoning.

Night Vision Scope and Soldiers Endurance just aren't worth the 5 points. The Stealth Detection is great but i have triggered stealth reveal more often than not on players even without the extra points. I only find it fully useful if you have the points for the root in the shield spec tree.

Adding reflexive shield and sweltering heat now give you your slow (which comes in handy way more than you'd think with ion pulse). and reflexive shield helps because you will take damage and you will need that shield.

You loose your aim bonus and one of the ticks out of total elemental damage however the 2/2 split on shield spec affect your HIB for the most cost effective route. You gain front line defense and are able to knock out healers much more effectively or snipers, or even commandos! (knocking out tracer missile really ticks bh's off, doing it multiple times causes them to find a new target)

Hirokinae
01.15.2012 , 08:57 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by harenmacar View Post
http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#80...MroZfhMrzGMM.1

This was my change on your build i'll explain the reasoning.

Night Vision Scope and Soldiers Endurance just aren't worth the 5 points. The Stealth Detection is great but i have triggered stealth reveal more often than not on players even without the extra points. I only find it fully useful if you have the points for the root in the shield spec tree.

Adding reflexive shield and sweltering heat now give you your slow (which comes in handy way more than you'd think with ion pulse). and reflexive shield helps because you will take damage and you will need that shield.

You loose your aim bonus and one of the ticks out of total elemental damage however the 2/2 split on shield spec affect your HIB for the most cost effective route. You gain front line defense and are able to knock out healers much more effectively or snipers, or even commandos! (knocking out tracer missile really ticks bh's off, doing it multiple times causes them to find a new target)
Thank you for your feedback, but please keep in mind that my spec is to maximize RAIDING dps, and has nothing to do with pvp. Your spec encompases pvp utilities, and you lose quite a bit of dps from it. You dont need a slow when doing boss fights, and losing rain of fire, 9% aim, and 2% elemental damage is not worth a little bit of active mitigation.

In addition, a 6 second interrupt is amazing in pvp, but when doing pve, a 2 second faster interrupt does almost nothing for you, considering there are NO bosses than can be interrupted.

harenmacar
01.15.2012 , 08:57 PM | #15
my apologies about the raiding i missed that part!

Hirokinae
01.15.2012 , 09:21 PM | #16
Its no problem. your suggestions are great and very viable for pvp, although for pvp, i would probably run a shield/tactics hybrid, which I find to be the most powerful in terms of suvivability/damage

iraqcombatvet
01.16.2012 , 04:17 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Hirokinae View Post
Its no problem. your suggestions are great and very viable for pvp, although for pvp, i would probably run a shield/tactics hybrid, which I find to be the most powerful in terms of suvivability/damage
Wow your amazing. I eat people alive in PVP now. Wow, way better than before.

Rhah
01.16.2012 , 10:24 AM | #18
I enjoy this thread and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

henla
01.16.2012 , 10:30 AM | #19
thanks for your answers to my questsions, subb'd so keep the feedback coming, muchos gracias

Kizah
01.16.2012 , 11:22 AM | #20
I'll have to try out this spec sometime, but I'll be going to Shield route closer to 50 and I've seen a pretty nice Shield/Assault (ST/Pyro build for PT's) that did some pretty consistant damage in PvE and could still hold it's own with tanking even without the additional 10% chance to shield, even though I heard shielding is crap right now until the patch.
Kizah: Casual SW:TOR Player, PvE and PvP Commentary videos

YouTube Channel