Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best PvP Build for Powertechs?

AnAcuteAngle
01.02.2012 , 09:38 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Trungalung View Post
Here's the spec I use: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#30...doZ0MZbIbbdh.1

Emphasis on Rail Shot (and RB but more about Rail Shot), you can pull an impressive amount of damage for a tank hybrid while keeping the mobility and survivability. Yes, I'm using Ion Gas Cylinder to increase my shield chance (for survivability and talents like Flame Shield and Shield Vent). I'm using the DPS "Eliminator" set for the 15% chance to crit on Rail Shot. I will never see a 5k crit, but a 2.5k RB followed by a 3.5k Rail Shot is just as satisfying. Stacking Explosive Fuel with a Relic will give you massive amount of burst given decent luck.
Wasted points by specializing in two cylinders.

Might wanna look at this again.
He who fears being conquered is sure of defeat.

exphryl
01.02.2012 , 09:44 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by AnAcuteAngle View Post
Wasted points by specializing in two cylinders.

Might wanna look at this again.
You have to spec CGC to get Superheated Rail.....

Which is an *amazing* ability for head reduction since you are using rail shot so often...

Trungalung
01.02.2012 , 09:47 PM | #23
It has to be wasted to reach Superheated Rail. And no one is stupid enough to spec for Shield Vent and Flame shield then run with CGC.

Salabon
01.02.2012 , 09:52 PM | #24
I have to ask, why did you decide not to spec into Supercharged Ion Gas? You put 1 point into Ion Screen which seems a lot less useless compared to a 25% damage increase to your main cylinder as well the DoT duration being bumped by 3 seconds.

That's the only gripe I had with the build and I intend to go with that build once I get my alt PT to 40+.

Jeroxx
01.02.2012 , 09:52 PM | #25
Hi, my build is http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301hMZMcZfhrbdhGMs.1

Is based on 90% arm pen of rail shot. I do not know whether to go for 15% crit of rail shot of 4/4 eliminator set (2/4 useless for powertech), or buy combat tech's set with carbonize 0.5s more cc and 15% crit of rocket punch.

PD: Idon't like the combat tech helmet xD

Trungalung
01.02.2012 , 09:56 PM | #26
As of right now, Ion Gas Cylinder is either bugged out or the tooltip is wrong. The damage currently is about 40% of the tooltip as a lot of other powertechs had confirmed. 40% of the tooltip should be ~200 damage for me. 25% of that is a whooping of 50 damage.

Salabon
01.02.2012 , 09:56 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Jeroxx View Post
Hi, my build is http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301hMZMcZfhrbdhGMs.1

Is based on 90% arm pen of rail shot. I do not know whether to go for 15% crit of rail shot of 4/4 eliminator set (2/4 useless for powertech), or buy combat tech's set with carbonize 0.5s more cc and 15% crit of rocket punch.
With that particular build, I'd go with the 15% crit on rail shot because .5 seconds isn't game changing and Rocket Punch isn't an absolute must-use ability vs. the ST/pyro build.

Don't know the statistical difference on the gear, but by set bonus alone, the 15% Rail Shot seems to be the winner.

Quote:
As of right now, Ion Gas Cylinder is either bugged out or the tooltip is wrong. The damage currently is about 40% of the tooltip as a lot of other powertechs had confirmed. 40% of the tooltip should be ~200 damage for me. 25% of that is a whooping of 50 damage.
Thanks for that!

DarthNofu
01.02.2012 , 10:10 PM | #28
Here's the spec I use: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#30...doZ0MZbIbbdh.1

Emphasis on Rail Shot (and RB but more about Rail Shot), you can pull an impressive amount of damage for a tank hybrid while keeping the mobility and survivability. Yes, I'm using Ion Gas Cylinder to increase my shield chance (for survivability and talents like Flame Shield and Shield Vent). I'm using the DPS "Eliminator" set for the 15% chance to crit on Rail Shot. I will never see a 5k crit, but a 2.5k RB followed by a 3.5k Rail Shot is just as satisfying. Stacking Explosive Fuel with a Relic will give you massive amount of burst given decent luck.
Can you tell me the order you put these in?

AnAcuteAngle
01.02.2012 , 10:11 PM | #29
It has to be wasted to reach Superheated Rail. And no one is stupid enough to spec for Shield Vent and Flame shield then run with CGC.
True. I guess I didn't think about that.

Still, that's 3 points.
Couldn't they be better spent in Prototype to get retractable blade?

AnAcuteAngle
01.02.2012 , 10:18 PM | #30
Also-

I kind of have issues with dropping Flame Surge and the +10% shielding bonus in ST.
Those are the clutch late-tree talents imo.