Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best PvP Build for Powertechs?

Zuesy
01.02.2012 , 02:51 PM | #1
Hi i so re rolled as a Powertech today, currently level 14 and am loving it. Ive done some Pvp already and am doing pretty well around mid table but at such a low level im happy with that. So far ive spent my first few points on AP and pyrotech. What build should i go for? Pure pyro? Bit of everything? Should i ignore shield tech and focus on damage or what. Please link your build (if you want to share it) Thanks, any advice is appreciated.
Cyborg, Powertech, Bounty hunter.

chaosvoid
01.02.2012 , 03:22 PM | #2
Imo opinion powertechs are slightly underpowered in PvP especially in terms of pumping out damage -- everything they can do mercenarys do better(but at range). Like many of our close combat fire abilities just seem to be very lacking combined with many lackluster talent tree options.

Also I cannot create a thread title for some reason(so if anyone can help me that would be great).

Zuesy
01.02.2012 , 03:24 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by chaosvoid View Post
Imo opinion powertechs are slightly underpowered in PvP especially in terms of pumping out damage -- everything they can do mercenarys do better(but at range). Like many of our close combat fire abilities just seem to be very lacking combined with many lackluster talent tree options.

Also I cannot create a thread title for some reason(so if anyone can help me that would be great).
I love the irony of that seeing as over in the mercenary page they're saying that everything merc's do powertechs do better....

chaosvoid
01.02.2012 , 03:28 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Zuesy View Post
I love the irony of that seeing as over in the mercenary page they're saying that everything merc's do powertechs do better....
lol Idk what its like other servers but on my servers mercenarys top dps charts with powertechs usually a solid 100k behind.

Trungalung
01.02.2012 , 03:37 PM | #5
There's no "best" PvP build. It all depends on your play style.

I am currently using the hybrid ST/Pyro. Gotta love the mobility with Jet Charge and the survivability. My damage is also not crappy comparing to deep Shield Tech build. I can turn a geared healer/tank inside out if he doesn't use his CDs or getting helped.

And no, our damage is not lackluster comparing to merc. Go pyro with decent gears, and you'll nuke the other team down. Merc also doesn't possess close to the mobility that we have.

chaosvoid
01.02.2012 , 03:53 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Trungalung View Post

I am currently using the hybrid ST/Pyro. Gotta love the mobility with Jet Charge and the survivability. My damage is also not crappy comparing to deep Shield Tech build. I can turn a geared healer/tank inside out if he doesn't use his CDs or getting helped.

And no, our damage is not lackluster comparing to merc. Go pyro with decent gears, and you'll nuke the other team down. Merc also doesn't possess close to the mobility that we have.
Pyro is the only viable dps spec -- and merc version of pyro is by far better.

Zuesy
01.02.2012 , 03:55 PM | #7
Pyro is the only viable dps spec -- and merc version of pyro is by far better.
actually powertech pyro is better theres a thread on the mercenary page all about how merc pyro is worse than pt pyro...

Rimbaldo
01.02.2012 , 04:42 PM | #8

You'd hate mercenary if you think powertech is underpowered. You'd basically be trading in all of your survivability and good utility skills in exchange for a ~20% damage increase. Sounds like a lot, but every single melee class would dominate you since you're one of the most easily interrupted casters in the entire game.

When I try to 1v1 a Powertech in Huttball, I usually end up dying while he's still sitting at around 80% HP. Can't cast anything at all against the good ones.

Gadrak
01.02.2012 , 04:45 PM | #9

agh....must...not...feed...the troll..or he will get stronger..

dardack
01.02.2012 , 04:46 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Trungalung View Post

Can you link the hybrid ST/Pyro, I went ST/Advanced for the Knife. Would love to see how the pyro is. Also do you sit in the Damage reduction cylinder or something else?
Doofensmirtz lvl 50 PTIn Erebus Drooga's Pleasure Barge. 4 Imps 50. Doofentrooper lvl 50 VG in Goof Troop DPB
Dear BW please have RS/HiB send me to other fleet Nekkid. TY. Also, don't allow 3 sin/shadow 2 sorc/sage teams in HB. That is all.