Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

21/2/18 - Carolina Parakeet

Taerrik
04.01.2012 , 04:34 PM | #321
Burst to me is damage i can get out in 2-3 GCDs ie before a healer can react to it most of the time.

ED-Imm can hit for 4-6k (I generally see 5k ish when both crit), usually followed by a free RP

In rateds focused burst, not sustained dps is going to be the top way to get kills, considering everyone is going to stack tanks,heals, and marauders. Being able to have 3-4 people hit 5k in 1gcd is what your going to want to do, the rest of your group needs to be defensive and utility.

Having flamethrower to push down 3 peoples bars at once is utility, probably wont kill anything with it but will give thier healers hell. The 70% snare is there to make them actually take the damage imo

Assaultrooper
04.01.2012 , 05:04 PM | #322
Quote: Originally Posted by Taerrik View Post
Burst to me is damage i can get out in 2-3 GCDs ie before a healer can react to it most of the time.

ED-Imm can hit for 4-6k (I generally see 5k ish when both crit), usually followed by a free RP

In rateds focused burst, not sustained dps is going to be the top way to get kills, considering everyone is going to stack tanks,heals, and marauders. Being able to have 3-4 people hit 5k in 1gcd is what your going to want to do, the rest of your group needs to be defensive and utility.

Having flamethrower to push down 3 peoples bars at once is utility, probably wont kill anything with it but will give thier healers hell. The 70% snare is there to make them actually take the damage imo
I agree with you man! Burst is everything in "rated" PvP.

But there is some problems.

1st. The 1.2 "rated" warzones aren't THAT rated... You will still be doing Premades vs Pugs at the same rate as now.
2nd. You are the first PvP-er that thinks a 20% chance with all cooldowns popped ( I am been generous, calculated for 45% chance to crit) for 5k is "good" burst :P

Still my point wasn't that those skills didn't do good damage but for them to be bursty u need flamethrower thrown into it. Assuming flamethrower crits every tick that adds up to 6k damage in 2 GCD. and If more probably none of it crit it still does 4k damage.

Just sayin the good ol' flamethrower is the most under-rated ability in the game (for good reason )

anyone can quickly heal 5k single target dps, no one can heal 5k single target followed up by 6k AoE :P (Sure the odds of that happeneing is like 0.0015% but I have had worse )

AP will be so fun ^^
Quote: Originally Posted by CrunkShizzle View Post
Just wonderin how AP is lookin pvp wise
Could be worse

mrObtuse
04.02.2012 , 09:13 PM | #323
I didn't see this flamethrower change on any test notes. Is it simply left out of notes at the moment? My pve vanguard has a hybrid shield and tactics for the pulse generator (= prot flame thrower for pulse cannon) since it will day way more damage than mortar (DFA) and pairs especially nice with the cooldown pops. This kind of boost would be amazing

Assaultrooper
04.03.2012 , 06:06 AM | #324
Quote: Originally Posted by mrObtuse View Post
I didn't see this flamethrower change on any test notes. Is it simply left out of notes at the moment? My pve vanguard has a hybrid shield and tactics for the pulse generator (= prot flame thrower for pulse cannon) since it will day way more damage than mortar (DFA) and pairs especially nice with the cooldown pops. This kind of boost would be amazing
It is on the PTS not on the notes :P
Quote: Originally Posted by CrunkShizzle View Post
Just wonderin how AP is lookin pvp wise
Could be worse

Ratito
04.10.2012 , 04:07 PM | #325
What build u guys will use in 1.2 ???

HUNTER, SEEKER, KILLER FOR HIRE

Agooz
04.10.2012 , 05:02 PM | #326
Quote: Originally Posted by Ratito View Post
What build u guys will use in 1.2 ???

I will give AP a try to see how the new changes apply, although my gut feeling says it is still not enough.

For rated WZ and premade, I am leaning towards 10/31/0 with IGC + Shield.

If I end up back to Pyro, then I am thinking now a TD spec is more essential than what I am running now, which is 8/6/27

AltiarDranek
04.11.2012 , 12:10 PM | #327
I need to figure out a burst viable spec with charge, Iron fist has been doing me well, I do kill me some healers more often than not, and my survivability is good. I need to relook at the talent trees to figure out how to spec myself now tho but i think 25/x/x still seems what i'll do.

mrObtuse
04.11.2012 , 01:03 PM | #328
gonna try approximately http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#30...RrRrzZrzoMZb.1
31/8/2

its a tweak from iron fist w hitman/RB (23/16/2), trying the new heat blast - the extra venting should increase my damage utility since I will have less heat problems

Jedikillar
05.28.2012 , 01:11 PM | #329
*mutters under breath* stupid brits...

what? oh uh yes very clever indeed.....
Ancient weapons and hokey religions are no match for a dagger in your back.
"The Sith grew past the use of lightsabers. But we continue to use them, if only to humiliate the Jedi."
―Darth Sidious

KillaDeuce
05.19.2013 , 12:15 AM | #330
I miss that little bird...

;-(
Situational Awareness: improve your Unranked WZ experience
Charric - sniper - POT5 / Bastion
Verbäl - PT - POT5 / Bastion