Resuming old romnces (after KOTET)

OrionTi

Say you romanced a companion in Forged Alliances/Shadow of Revan or KOTFE and KOTET, and romanced a new character after that? Is there still a chance to return to your old romance or are you stuck in the current romance? I watched a video that displayed the message about resuming a romance with a companion, but don't know if it was talking about ending one with the current romance and going back to an old one, or just staying in the same. Edited by OrionTi
Minor spelling error

If you start a new romance it ends the current one, either by a short scene or an e-mail, and it keeps until you you re-start further in the story with the old romances or new ones.

I haven't started explore new romances in a long time because of this same limitation... not sure if it has change.

Believe me, if there was at least the flexibility to play romances like I can play with chapters and just as deep of story... I be playing with this so much just to explore the different outcomes...lol :D

Say you romanced a companion in Fractured Alliances/Shadow of Revan or KOTFE and KOTET, and romanced a new character after that? Is there still a chance to return to your old romance or are you stuck in the current romance? I watched a video that displayed the message about resuming a romance with a companion, but don't know if it was talking about ending one with the current romance and going back to an old one, or just staying in the same.

Fussy: Fractured Alliances comes *after* KotET. The prelude to Revan is called Forged Alliances. (In fact, Shadow of Revan is *just* the events on Rishi and Yavin. The linked flashpoints before that are Prelude to Revan aka Forged Alliances, and the story on Ziost after Yavin is Rise of the Emperor.)

The examples in the analysis below all refer to Troopers and their companions. That's just to simplify the description, but you have to understand that the other classes work the same way.

Let's assume that you romanced a class companion (Elara Dorne or Aric Jorgan) during / in parallel to the class story. In fact, you follow the romance through to the end during (or in some cases just after) the end of the class story on Corellia and immediately after. Events on Ilum are *after* the class story, but also after the end of the latest-ending class-companion stories.

Now you play on, and you can flirt with various people along the way, notably:

* A same-sex-only fling you have with Lemda Avesta (F/F) or Lord Cytherat (M/M) on Makeb.

* A goes-with-the-player fling with either Lana Beniko or Theron Shan during Forged Alliances, Shadow of Revan and Rise of the Emperor.

None of these flirts / flings involves companions.

Now you begin KotFE. As you progress through KotFE, first Lana, then Koth, then T7, then Senya and finally Theron all join as companions, and you can flirt with Koth, Lana, and/or Theron (collectively "KLT"), but ultimately (in Chapter IX) you must choose one of them. At this point, if you do that, you will get a warning that you are about to start a romance.

Important: This is the only romance that warns you about starting a new one, and it is the only warning that does not cancel an old one. That last point is important. If you romanced a class companion, and you start a romance with a KLT companion, the class companion romance is still running, although the class companion is not present.

Now you reach the point in the story where your romanced class companion returns. For Aric Jorgan, that's Chapter XI of KotFE, and for Elara Dorne, that's the War on Iokath section of Fractured Alliances. In both cases, you'll get a warning about possibly cancelling a previous relationship. If you accept this, it cancels the KLT relationship.

Important: Anything at all that cancels a KLT relationship will give you a mission called "Things Left Unsaid" where you go through the break-up with the KLT companion.

If you were a female Trooper, you can break up with KLT to put yourself back with Aric, then later on break up with Aric to put yourself with Arcann. This breakup with Aric will get a "break off previous relationship" warning, and Aric sends you a letter in your in-game mail rather than a break-up mission.

I recently watched a video where the female character accepts Theron's marriage proposal after breaking up and Theron was talking about hearing about his "replacement" and I found in one of the comments asking if there's an Arcann breakup scene, so I'm thinking that it has changed. Maybe I'm wrong and might be reading into things, but the video is making it seem like you can.

I recently watched a video where the female character accepts Theron's marriage proposal after breaking up and Theron was talking about hearing about his "replacement" and I found in one of the comments asking if there's an Arcann breakup scene, so I'm thinking that it has changed. Maybe I'm wrong and might be reading into things, but the video is making it seem like you can.

The question about the Arcann breakup scene is exactly that, a question, and therefore all we know from the question itself is that someone else wanted to know. Was there an answer? (As far as I know, breaking up with Arcann - it is possible(1) - results in a letter.)

Personally, I've only ever broken up with class-story romances (Aric Jorgan in all cases, poor guy), so I can't describe the various possibilities.

And, last but not least, there are bugs in the romances, especailly for the KLT group (it's most noticed on Lana because fewer people romance Koth than Lana, and at least one of the bugs is very hard, or even harder, to have for Theron).

(1) Any character with a romance that resumes *in*an*alert* can simply delay doing the alert until after the character has done the Arcann alert, for example.

The question about the Arcann breakup scene is exactly that, a question, and therefore all we know from the question itself is that someone else wanted to know. Was there an answer? (As far as I know, breaking up with Arcann - it is possible(1) - results in a letter.)

Personally, I've only ever broken up with class-story romances (Aric Jorgan in all cases, poor guy), so I can't describe the various possibilities.

And, last but not least, there are bugs in the romances, especailly for the KLT group (it's most noticed on Lana because fewer people romance Koth than Lana, and at least one of the bugs is very hard, or even harder, to have for Theron).

(1) Any character with a romance that resumes *in*an*alert* can simply delay doing the alert until after the character has done the Arcann alert, for example.

Are you saying it really is possible to romance Arcann briefly before ending it if the opportunity rose? What do you mean by delaying doing the alert until after the character has done the Arcann alert?

Are you saying it really is possible to romance Arcann briefly before ending it if the opportunity rose? What do you mean by delaying doing the alert until after the character has done the Arcann alert?

1. Yes, I'm saying exactly that.

2. See below.

In the analysis below, I'll take the example of a male Inquisitor (presumably a follower of the Light Side) who romanced Ashara during the class story and saved Arcann during KotET. Other combinations of class, sex and companion work the same way.

Ashara's return happens in an alert that becomes available after you finish KotET Chapter IX. Arcann's romance happens in an alert that becomes available at the same moment.

There is no obligation to do either of them, of course, because *all* alerts are optional, but you can run the alerts in whichever order you like, either Ashara then Arcann or Arcann then Ashara, and if you accept both romances, you break up the first of the two when you accept the second.

Example: You finish KotET and do not begin Jedi Under Siege *at*all*. Both alerts become available at some point at or after the end of KotET(1). You take Arcann's first. You [Flirt] with him and confirm in the pop-up that you want to do it. Then you log off for a while, and change your mind. You log on again, read the mails that Arcann sent you in the meantime, and then take Ashara's alert, and resume your relationship with her. That breaks up your relationship with Arcann. I've never done this on any class, but I believe that he just sends a sad letter.

Something similar (i.e. two alerts) can happen with other classes and/or companions. Some (Doc, Nadia, Jaesa, Khem Val, Kira, Lord Scourge) cannot do the reverse (break up with the class companion in favour of Arcann) because their alerts all arrive after a point that completes Arcann's alert as "not romanced".

(1) Ashara's is definitely available at the end of KotET, but I don't remember exactly when Arcann's becomes available (except that it is before the beginning of JUS).

I vouch for Arcann romance break-up with letter.

I accidentally dint press "esc" key in time after the romance warning, and resulted in a romance with Arcann.

Since there was no work around for this silly mistake, messing my immersion with that character... I decide to experiment and Romance "Khem Val" after that forget about immersion and romances with my main on that regard... and I got the e-mail break up of Arcann. :confused:

Crossing my fingers that I get some cool surprise for romancing such a hideous beast! I'm speaking to you Dev who wrote Kehm Val as romance! Are we getting a SW beauty and the beast result were he becomes sexy? Wink* Wink* ;)

Then again I'm a sucker for big strong ugly people (or consider ugly by others irl, as long as their not psychotic like Kehm Val though haha)... to each its own I guess! hahaha :p

Edited by Zehal

• 2 weeks later...

For some strange reason, probably the order in which I did Iokath and the Arcann romance after KOTET, my Sith warrior is currently romancing Both Quinn and Arcann. at least according to the description in my companion roster.

Although her attitude is "I am a powerful Sith, I can romance whomever and how ever many I'd like". In her head-canon, she still is having a fling with Pierce as well. "Through passion, I gain strength"..... etc, etc....

She also has 2 broonmarks. One is the one she regained via the terminal and one via the alliance alert. Both can be summoned (although not at the same time). One has a customization, the other doesn't. They are also at different levels of influence. I have put in a bug report but nothing ever happened, so I'm keeping both walking rugs.... :o:p:D

That gives my Sith Warrior hope. Broke up wth Theron when Vette returned. She was his first love and wife. He becomes a widower, but no option is given in Iokath to resume the romance before Theron's . . . incident. I hope the proposal option is available when he returns home.